343, Make more Symetrical maps like The Pit and Narrows

Those kinds of maps are fun to play with. We need more of these. ORRRR you can remake the pit!!!

> Those kinds of maps are fun to play with. We need more of these. ORRRR you can remake the pit!!!

Well, condemned is a circular (and roughly) symmetrical map! :smiley:

Yea map looks cool but im not really a fan of those Low Grav areas.

> > Those kinds of maps are fun to play with. We need more of these. ORRRR you can remake the pit!!!
>
> Well, condemned is a circular (and roughly) symmetrical map! :smiley:

I wonder how it plays with the low G area??

> I wonder how it plays with the low G area??

Condemned is a blast to play. You take a risk every time you cut through the zero-g center (as you’re exposed), but if you know what you’re doing you can use it to great success. Condemned felt large to me, even though it may be technically small in map size. Perhaps it was because I could never truly orient myself after every spawn (first time playing) or what, but it felt like a good size. :slight_smile:

> > > Those kinds of maps are fun to play with. We need more of these. ORRRR you can remake the pit!!!
> >
> > Well, condemned is a circular (and roughly) symmetrical map! :smiley:
>
> I wonder how it plays with the low G area??

I really wish they would stop adding these zero G gimmicks into the maps. If a map needs a zero G area to promote map movement then it isnt a very well designed map in my opinion

Symmetry is something this game is really lacking.

Please DO NOT remake Narrows. I loathed that map with a passion. If you want symmetry please remake Standoff, Valhalla, Rats Nest, Avalanche or Midship instead.

edit: Contruct would also be an excellent Reach map

Asylum, Atom, Tempest, Anchor 9, Countdown, Reflection(?), Zealot - Is that not enough symmetrical maps in this game?

Please, no map remakes. That’s playing it safe and being boring. Which is the one sure-fire way to kill Halo.

Both Highlands and Condemned are at least roughly symmetrical. Also, the A9 low-grav area should play out completely differently to the Zealot and Anchor 9 areas.

> Asylum, Atom, Tempest, Anchor 9, Countdown, Reflection(?), Zealot - Is that not enough symmetrical maps in this game?

I laughed my yoink! off after the first 2 replies. Really? “Dear 343i, thank you for Tempest and Anchor9, can you please try to release more symmetrical maps in the future.”

And the plethora of symmetrical Forge creations that don’t lag is immense, you just have to go looking for them.

I just want to say, thanks for not spoon feeding me my Halo. To whom it may concern of course.

> Asylum, Atom, Tempest, Anchor 9, Countdown, Reflection(?), Zealot - Is that not enough symmetrical maps in this game?

Asylum is Forge World.
Atom is FW.
Temest is (bad) DLC.
Anchor 9 is (also bad) DLC.
Countdown is not symmetrical.
Zealot is legit.

Not enough.

> > Asylum, Atom, Tempest, Anchor 9, Countdown, Reflection(?), Zealot - Is that not enough symmetrical maps in this game?
>
> Asylum is Forge World.
> Atom is FW.
> Temest is (bad) DLC.
> Anchor 9 is (also bad) DLC.
> Countdown is not symmetrical.
> Zealot is legit.
>
> Not enough.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileSearch.aspx?fc=4&tags=symetrical&date=0&page=0&mode=list

Find the ones you like and vote/ask for them to be put in.

> Those kinds of maps are fun to play with. We need more of these. ORRRR you can remake the pit!!!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileSearch.aspx?fc=4&tags=the%20pit&date=0&page=0&mode=list

Funny enough, Forge World almost captures the color contrast of the original :wink:

> > > Asylum, Atom, Tempest, Anchor 9, Countdown, Reflection(?), Zealot - Is that not enough symmetrical maps in this game?
> >
> > Asylum is Forge World.
> > Atom is FW.
> > Temest is (bad) DLC.
> > Anchor 9 is (also bad) DLC.
> > Countdown is not symmetrical.
> > Zealot is legit.
> >
> > Not enough.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileSearch.aspx?fc=4&tags=symetrical&date=0&page=0&mode=list
>
> Find the ones you like and vote/ask for them to be put in.

How effective. Even if they do get put into Community Slayer they’ll just get Jet Pack abused like all of the other maps in there.

The Pit and Guardian, Narrow and Construct, these are the maps that made H3 fun, and the kind of maps lacking from Reach.

> Please DO NOT remake Narrows. I loathed that map with a passion. If you want symmetry please remake Standoff, Valhalla, Rats Nest, Avalanche or Midship instead.
>
> edit: Contruct would also be an excellent Reach map

This for sure. However I wouldn’t go too heavy on the remakes. Reach is such a evolution from previous Halo titles that man remade maps don’t seem to play nearly as well as they did in the past titles. However, some more symmetry would be good, but lets be original. Remake a couple of the really great maps from the past maybe, but otherwise let’s keep it original. Leave the remakes to forge.

I would also like to say that the Defiant maps look amazing. That goes along with what I said about new maps being better.

Oh my god Yes! Plz remake the Pit, Narrows, or Sandtrap! I’ve been waiting to hear more people say that! Sandtrap was amazing, I want an Elephant again! Narrows and The Pit were a Team Slayer Halo 3 Favorite for me! Bring them back! I’d also like to see some Halo 2 Remakes, such as Backwash, Relic, Terminal, Turf, and Zanzibar/Last Resort.

Symmetrical 4v4 maps are the easiest to forge so it would be a waste of a map pack map to have one there, especially The Pit because it’s all straight lines (all surfaces are flat). Although an avalanche style 8v8 map would be nice, but not a remake. Maps from old Halo games don’t work well with Reach.

Asylum and Atom are made from forge world so in my opinion its not a bungie made map and the same type of setting gets very boring. Tempest and reflection are not symmetrical, and Zealot and Countdown are just bad maps.