343 Listening? Halo 4 is ruined

Halo 4 is ruined, they’ve taken all the best things about Halo out of the game. It makes me wonder who tested this game before it was released into the wild? did they actually ever play any of the old halo games? Heres a long list of things that have ruined halo:

1. No visible ranking aka TrueSkill - People played halo 3 so much to try and get a high rank, you win games you go up a rank, you lose games you go down a rank, being able to weigh up your opponents before you start a game.

2. Having to work out a players kill/death ratio rather than it just being displayed in their service record

3. The Mantis mech? why? way too overpowered

4. The warthog gun turret fires rubber bullets

5. No team doubles

6. Needler is way too overpowered

7. No jumping out of scope when your shot

8. Random weapon drops rather than strategically placing weapons on a map with timed re-spawns to create gameplay that would see teams battling for control of areas of the map where power weapons re-spawn, i used to know where all the power weapons re-spawned, now i have to rely on infinity dropping me a random choice every 5 kills or so

9. Not being able to see where your teammates were killed

10. Going to the theater alone, theaters are for multiple people, why do i have to watch them on my own?

11. Stopping european players from progressing past level 70, why should i play now i don’t gain any XP?

12. Not being able to drop the flag

13. Grenades are terribly underpowered, why when i throw a grenade at someones feet do they not die?

14. Active camos existence as a permanent armor ability that anybody can have rather than being a once only power up

Halo 4 is the best game to ever exist. How dare you insult this magnificent game!

Agreed with pretty much all of this… they’ve completely alienated long-time fans with this game. Things that didn’t even need to change, changed.

…and honestly, what for?

I don’t play much MM, but I can understand most of your points pretty well.

> 1. No visible ranking aka TrueSkill - People played halo 3 so much to try and get a high rank, you win games you go up a rank, you lose games you go down a rank, being able to weigh up your opponents before you start a game.

Supposedly, it’s coming. Soon.

> 5. No team doubles

I honestly cannot fathom why 343 wouldn’t include this gametype in the initial playlist. It’s probaly going to be a “special” game.

> 6. Needler is way too overpowered

It was always pretty powerful, but I think I agree. It only takes about 8 needles to get the kill.

> 7. No jumping out of scope when your shot

I can see your point in terms of MM, but this is a Godsend in campaign. Unfortunately, they can’t change anything now because there’s a whole specialization based around it.

> 8. Random weapon drops rather than strategically placing weapons on a map with timed re-spawns to create gameplay that would see teams battling for control of areas of the map where power weapons re-spawn, i used to know where all the power weapons re-spawned, now i have to rely on infinity dropping me a random choice every 5 kills or so

Theoretically, this should eliminate the power weapon camping you described, which is a good thing. However, I would suggest a couple potential improvements:

1. Requiring a higher number of kills for the drop.
  2. Stratifying/categorizing the available drop weapons to increase in quality as the player gets more kills before calling the drop.

> 11. Stopping european players from progressing past level 70, why should i play now i don’t gain any XP?

It’s not just Europe. Many U.S./Canada/etc players are currently unable to progress, as well. However, 343 will be unlocking the specializations eventually. Why not immediately, I will never understand.

> 12. Not being able to drop the flag

Again with the “this makes no sense”.

> 14. Active camos existence as a permanent armor ability that anybody can have rather than being a once only power up

I can see how this could be very game-breaking (or a least enjoyment-breaking), but it is technically balanced because not only are you able to choose that load-out yourself (after leveling a certain amount), but there’s an AA and a perk that counter it.

oh this thread again.

its fine in my opinion. not great but not bad.

A few tweeks wouldnt hurt but not nearly as bad as you and others try to make it.

> oh this thread again.
>
> its fine in my opinion. not great but not bad.
>
> A few tweeks wouldnt hurt but not nearly as bad as you and others try to make it.

As a Halo game, it’s extremely bad.

As a normal FPS game, it’s generic.

I find it very good. Yes i’ve played all the other Halos since 2001.

I play for the fact that this game is fun and addicting. Also ever changing. I love seeing new things added and changed in the game. Except for the DMR and armor lock. Halo started with little to no weapons or gametypes. Halo 2 comes out and addes more of a variety to it like the brute shot for weapons and SWAT for gametypes. Also the ability to play as elites. Halo 3 comes out and adds Forge and Theater making Machinimas much better. Equipment is added. Yay for bubble shield! Armor pices are added and the ultimate racing tool… the mongoose. Also a bunch of other things that were fun to have. ODST is released and adds the life of an ODST and firefight. Halo Wars is released and makes the Halo Bungie wanted to make and RTS. Reach comes out. Forge and Firefight is improved. AAs show up. The Falcon. Many new gametypes and old, but now perminent, gametypes like Invasion and Infection. Armor effects. Halo 4 comes out everything is changed and the Chief returns. If you look back everything has changed from a group of people playing CTF in Blood Gultch. To a party of random of people playing BTB slayer crushin noobs with thier DMRs and Mantis on Valhalla.

Yes, this thread again. Because they don’t listen or respond like bungie did.

It’s not that they are not listening… Its just that, it goes in one ear and out the other.

I play for the fact that this game is fun and addicting. Also ever changing. I love seeing new things added and changed in the game. Except for the DMR and armor lock. Halo started with little to no weapons or gametypes. Halo 2 comes out and addes more of a variety to it like the brute shot for weapons and SWAT for gametypes. Also the ability to play as elites. Halo 3 comes out and adds Forge and Theater making Machinimas much better. Equipment is added. Yay for bubble shield! Armor pices are added and the ultimate racing tool… the mongoose. Also a bunch of other things that were fun to have. ODST is released and adds the life of an ODST and firefight. Halo Wars is released and makes the Halo Bungie wanted to make and RTS. Reach comes out. Forge and Firefight is improved. AAs show up. The Falcon. Many new gametypes and old, but now perminent, gametypes like Invasion and Infection. Armor effects. Halo 4 comes out everything is changed and the Chief returns. If you look back everything has changed from a group of people playing CTF in Blood Gultch. To a party of random of people playing BTB slayer vrushin noobs with thier DMRs and Mantis on Valhalla.

Its not fun or addicting, how is basically having a number that shows you how long you have played the game, not how good you are, fun or addicting. Basically this rewards people who have no jobs and no social life and just play the game constantly as opposed to those that are actually good at the game.

Im all for adding new weapons, but they need to be balanced against all the others, similarly the more powerful ones should not be available to everyone during a match, they should be earned.

Bubble shield was removed, that was awesome.

Firefight was removed, that was awesome and replaced with spartan ops which is boring and repetitive.

They have removed everything that makes Halo and replaced it with some of the things that make COD, but badly.

Yeah stop posting stuff that’s already been posted

I dont play anymore. heck they are giving out a truck to get people to play and i could care less. halo 1.2.3. made every other game look like garbage. Now its just not the case :frowning:

> Halo 4 is ruined, they’ve taken all the best things about Halo out of the game. It makes me wonder who tested this game before it was released into the wild? did they actually ever play any of the old halo games? Heres a long list of things that have ruined halo:
>
> 1. No visible ranking aka TrueSkill - People played halo 3 so much to try and get a high rank, you win games you go up a rank, you lose games you go down a rank, being able to weigh up your opponents before you start a game.
>
> 2. Having to work out a players kill/death ratio rather than it just being displayed in their service record
>
> 3. The Mantis mech? why? way too overpowered
>
> 4. The warthog gun turret fires rubber bullets
>
> 5. No team doubles
>
> 6. Needler is way too overpowered
>
> 7. No jumping out of scope when your shot
>
> 8. Random weapon drops rather than strategically placing weapons on a map with timed re-spawns to create gameplay that would see teams battling for control of areas of the map where power weapons re-spawn, i used to know where all the power weapons re-spawned, now i have to rely on infinity dropping me a random choice every 5 kills or so
>
> 9. Not being able to see where your teammates were killed
>
> 10. Going to the theater alone, theaters are for multiple people, why do i have to watch them on my own?
>
> 11. Stopping european players from progressing past level 70, why should i play now i don’t gain any XP?
>
> 12. Not being able to drop the flag
>
> 13. Grenades are terribly underpowered, why when i throw a grenade at someones feet do they not die?
>
> 14. Active camos existence as a permanent armor ability that anybody can have rather than being a once only power up

1. 343 haven’t completely ignored this idea. The CSR will not be visible in game on release but who knows what could happen down the line.

2. I will admit. This is something that needs to be in the game. Or at least and option for it.

3. It really isn’t though. A good team can take one down very quickly. Tip: You can spawn with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma nades, USE THEM.

4. Lies. It’s still damn powerful.

5. Getting added in January.

6. Well it is a Ordinance weapon. But if you are good, you can evade the attackers easily.

7. AGREED. GET RID OF FLINCH. NOW.

8. A valid point. The idea is good but at the end of the day it doesn’t promote competitive play.

9. You can on the radar. But then again having the red ‘X’ was crucial.

10. Lag. How was Theater designed for multiple people anyway? That’s what file share is for.

11. Agreed. I am fortunate enough to of gotten the LE. But for standard edition users it’s complete poop.

12. Hmmm. Agree and Disagree on that one. I agree because it was a classic Halo tactic to be able to ‘pass’ the flag to other players, or to drop it and defend yourself. I disagree because once you pick up the flag, you are committed to that role.

13. They seem fine to me. Try using the explosives support upgrade.

14. Yes. I agree, AC should be a power up. Not an AA.

But May I just say that these factors don’t ruin everything about Halo 4. You neglected the campaign, Forge, Custom Games and Spartan Ops. Some lack of multi-player features don’t ruin the entire game you know.

> Theoretically, this should eliminate the power weapon camping you described, which is a good thing.

This was never a problem. People who camped a power weapon were mostly at a disadvantage (if the map is well designed).

I was with you until 2 and 3, stopped reading after those ridiculous points.

Come on, seeing someone’s kills and deaths is “ruining” Halo?

Oh and the Mantis is garbage, three quarters of players spawn with plasma pistols and as soon as you’re boarded you’re toast. Not even worth complaining about.