343 letting down true Halo fans

I wish 343 would stop trying to add modern FPS elements to the Perfect Halo we remember. From the beautiful soundtrack and art design (which was unique), to the excellent mechanics which made skill dominate over who sees who first, Halo was special. Instead of adding onto and remastering the original soundtrack along with a few new ones, they almost completely scrap it and add in a new techno soundtrack. Instead of updating the great art design in Halo 3, they add a still ok but a definite worse one (and new Spartan design is terrible, nothing like a true Spartan). Instead of adding multiplayer additions that don’t change the core mechanics much, like equipment or dual wielding, they make Spartans weaker and drastically increase bullet magnetism. They made what it meant to be a Legendary Spartan warrior meaningless (Spartan IVs).
That was my rant, now I will give my constructive opinion to make Halo 5 worthy of the original Halo glory.

1. First off, gameplay is not all that made Halos 1-3 epic, the art design is very much key to what makes Halo. Make an improved art design similar to 3’s

2. Sounds! I always get chills nowadays when I play Halo 2 and 3 and hear that badass announcer and shield recharge noise. And being completely honest, I would actually sit there and listen to the soundtrack at the main menu of Halo 3 over and over. Keep the OG soundtrack and update it please, like the transition from 2 to 3 (electric guitar to piano).

3.GAMEPLAY MECHANICS: Kill times were perfect in Halo 2 and 3, and allowed skilled players to turn around a fight and win when they were shot first, or even go up against two people and win, but that is rarely done anymore thanks to weak “Spartans” with low kill times and insane bullet magnetism. Every weapon in Halo 3 felt not too powerful, including the sniper or shotgun, and was useless unless you were skilled. The shotgun was not the long range sniper it is in Halo 4, but still a one hit up close, and a very skilled player could defeat someone who had a shotgun or even rocket launcher. The aim and bullet travel was as good as it could be in Halo 3, with no magnetism and little auto aim.
Have no bullet magnetism with only some auto aim, and increase kill times to what they were in Halo 3.

A major mistake 343 is making is they are majorly changing the mechanics of the game by adding bullet magnetism, changing the killtimes, adding sprint and all the Spartan abilities, instead of adding things like equipment or maybe dual wielding. I do like the addition of legendary weapons on map that players fight over and the soon to add power ups.

343, please give your true Halo fans what they want over the modernists. I love Halo too much to see it change like this.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Didn’t read.

That’s what master chief collection is for.

/thread.

Halo 4’s gameplay wasn’t the best, but Halo 5 appeals to me just fine. The art direction for Halo 4 wasn’t the best, but it was still very beautiful. Halo 4 had great sound design. The story is better than ever. Claiming that you represent true fans doesn’t make your opinion any more valid.

So you are asking for a copy of Halo 2/3? Isn’t that what CoD fans have been whining about for years? I’m positive that Halo 5 will be a commercial and critical success. Just because they aren’t making H5 the exact same thing as H3, doesn’t mean that all of the “true” fans will hate it. I have seen many “true” fans on this site saying they love Halo 5 (myself included). 343 is a new studio , why would they restrict their creativity and make a copy of something that is 10 years old just to please a couple of “purists”?

What are true halo fans? I like halo 5 as much as i like halo 3. Or any halo for that fact. Am i not considered a true halo fan. I was too young to be playing CE and H2 when they were released. (I’m 16) does that come into account when deciding a true halo fan?

i didn’t read your post. The title annoyed me as soon as i read it.

> 2533274832290972;4:
> So you are asking for a copy of Halo 2/3? Isn’t that what CoD fans have been whining about for years? I’m positive that Halo 5 will be a commercial and critical success. Just because they aren’t making H5 the exact same thing as H3, doesn’t mean that all of the “true” fans will hate it. I have seen many “true” fans on this site saying they love Halo 5 (myself included). 343 is a new studio , why would they restrict their creativity and make a copy of something that is 10 years old just to please a couple of “purists”?

Firstly Halo 5 is in no form a commercial success. Many people are disliking the changes in H5 like in H4, true fans or not…it still doesn’t change the fact that most people don’t enjoy playing the game, also as for creativity 343i hired people because they wanted to make new Halo games, if they wanted to make a unique game series then they shouldn’t have asked to work at 343i, instead focused on an original IP like Bungie did but they didn’t so it’s a pretty poor excuse for 343i if they wanted to make something completely to what makes a Halo game unique because it seems like 343i are more interested in making their latest games more like a CoD/Titanfall style game.

> 2533274856204101;5:
> What are true halo fans? I like halo 5 as much as i like halo 3. Or any halo for that fact. Am i not considered a true halo fan. I was too young to be playing CE and H2 when they were released. (I’m 16) does that come into account when deciding a true halo fan?
>
> i didn’t read your post. The title annoyed me as soon as i read it.

Don’t worry about it. People hating on Halo 5 wouldn’t think anyone was a true Halo fan if they liked it. Most of them haven’t even played the game. It’s not worth your time

So I’m not a true fan because I like all of the Halo games, even Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5?

Right, perfect logic you have there.

> 2533274866682248;2:
>

Wow

Such argument

Much rebuttal

Very sway

I agree OP’s title is very extreme (a recurring trend here, it seems) but you could at least offer a well-constructed counterargument…

If you are a true “Halo fan” then you understand that if you keep it the same from 2/3 that you aren’t going anywhere. What 343i has done in Halo 5 is made it feel more like Halo than they did in Halo 4. Everyone is on the same playing field equipment and ability wise. What it comes down to is skill and map control. Those two things is what Halo has always been about, so feel free to argue that. For any game to succeed they need to and new things and everything 343i added to Halo 5 has made it feel more and more like the old days of Halo like in Halo 2 or 3. Feel free to disagree with much cause I think you will, but I’m certain others agree with me.

> 2533274829873463;6:
> > 2533274832290972;4:
> > So you are asking for a copy of Halo 2/3? Isn’t that what CoD fans have been whining about for years? I’m positive that Halo 5 will be a commercial and critical success. Just because they aren’t making H5 the exact same thing as H3, doesn’t mean that all of the “true” fans will hate it. I have seen many “true” fans on this site saying they love Halo 5 (myself included). 343 is a new studio , why would they restrict their creativity and make a copy of something that is 10 years old just to please a couple of “purists”?
>
>
> Firstly Halo 5 is in no form a commercial success. Many people are disliking the changes in H5 like in H4, true fans or not…it still doesn’t change the fact that most people don’t enjoy playing the game, also as for creativity 343i hired people because they wanted to make new Halo games, if they wanted to make a unique game series then they shouldn’t have asked to work at 343i, instead focused on an original IP like Bungie did but they didn’t so it’s a pretty poor excuse for 343i if they wanted to make something completely to what makes a Halo game unique because it seems like 343i are more interested in making their latest games more like a CoD/Titanfall style game.

That pure speculation based on a very vocal minority.

I’m a long time halo fan a massive one at that and I love halo 5 as do plenty of other users on this site which is pretty plain to see via the is halo 5 halo poll which is nearly a two to one ratio at this point.

Are they copying precious halos no neither should they be. They should make something familur(which they did) while adding there own personal stamp on it(which they did). No company should stagnate there franchise by contuiously doing the samething

> 2533274834537210;1:
> 343, please give your true Halo fans what they want over the modernists. I love Halo too much to see it change like this.

If it’s even possible to define the phrase “true fans,” I’d hope it’d be based on someone’s appreciation for the franchise rather than on subjective gameplay preferences.

Aside from that, though? Good feedback. Constructive. Well-said.

> 2533274829873463;6:
> > 2533274832290972;4:
> > So you are asking for a copy of Halo 2/3? Isn’t that what CoD fans have been whining about for years? I’m positive that Halo 5 will be a commercial and critical success. Just because they aren’t making H5 the exact same thing as H3, doesn’t mean that all of the “true” fans will hate it. I have seen many “true” fans on this site saying they love Halo 5 (myself included). 343 is a new studio , why would they restrict their creativity and make a copy of something that is 10 years old just to please a couple of “purists”?
>
>
> Firstly Halo 5 is in no form a commercial success. Many people are disliking the changes in H5 like in H4, true fans or not…it still doesn’t change the fact that most people don’t enjoy playing the game, also as for creativity 343i hired people because they wanted to make new Halo games, if they wanted to make a unique game series then they shouldn’t have asked to work at 343i, instead focused on an original IP like Bungie did but they didn’t so it’s a pretty poor excuse for 343i if they wanted to make something completely to what makes a Halo game unique because it seems like 343i are more interested in making their latest games more like a CoD/Titanfall style game.

You cannot say Halo 5 isnt a commercial success when it hasn’t even been released yet (I said I bet it will). Second, you cannot base how many people like the game from the very, very small portion of players who use this site. Most people who use this site are people who have been with Halo for a long time, and of course they are angry that their favorite franchise has changed. Why would people who are happy with the game come onto a website and moan about it? The silent majority of the Poole who played the Halo 5 beta liked it, otherwise this forum and any other place where you can discuss H5 would be flooded.

1. You don’t speak for me
  2. I’ve owned every Halo to date
  3. I’m going to pre-order Halo 5, regardless of the demands to boycott it or whatever.

I loved and played a lot of Halo 2. I also really enjoyed the Halo 5 beta thought it was going to be another crap game like Halo 4. I think the changes from Halo 2-3 such as the addition of sprint and thrust pack are very nice additions. But sadly I believe that we will still have to deal with host advantage. I doubt this game will be on dedicated servers as it should be.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> Halo 4’s gameplay wasn’t the best, but Halo 5 appeals to me just fine. The art direction for Halo 4 wasn’t the best, but it was still very beautiful. Halo 4 had great sound design. The story is better than ever. Claiming that you represent true fans doesn’t make your opinion any more valid.

I have been playing Halo games since it first started on Xbox. FIRST Xbox. I remember the debates about what systems were actual systems and not computer hybrids. Back when Nintendo and Sega were in charge. I think Halo is going in the right direction. I’m a “true from the CE days” Halo fan, and I think change is hard, but very very necessary. What we really need it less aggressive criticizing, and more requests on what people want to see in the future. I loved the beta. I like where 5 is at and hope to see more improvement on it currently successful gameplay.

Why are you people so hard to please? if 343 changes Halo, you complain about it. if they didnt, you’d be complaining about that too. I enjoyed the Halo 5 beta, I’ll agree with anyone who says its heading in the right direction.

> 2533274886246836;7:
> > 2533274856204101;5:
> > What are true halo fans? I like halo 5 as much as i like halo 3. Or any halo for that fact. Am i not considered a true halo fan. I was too young to be playing CE and H2 when they were released. (I’m 16) does that come into account when deciding a true halo fan?
> >
> > i didn’t read your post. The title annoyed me as soon as i read it.
>
>
>
>
> Don’t worry about it. People hating on Halo 5 wouldn’t think anyone was a true Halo fan if they liked it. Most of them haven’t even played the game. It’s not worth your time

Because it’s totally not true the other way around. I’ve lost count of the “if you don’t like sprint shut up” threads.

> 2533274913936758;18:
> Because it’s totally not true the other way around. I’ve lost count of the “if you don’t like sprint shut up” threads.

I’ve noticed this as well. Too many people on both sides of the line fail to understand that gameplay preferences are subjective. People can support their preferences with better reasoning, but no preference is “right” or “wrong.” Seems the dissenters are more likely to be called out on that mistake, though.

> 2533274923859328;17:
> Why are you people so hard to please? if 343 changes Halo, you complain about it. if they didnt, you’d be complaining about that too. I enjoyed the Halo 5 beta, I’ll agree with anyone who says its heading in the right direction.

:+1: