343 just dropped Custom Game Browser!

343 just stealth dropped the Custom Game Browser on Infinite!

9 Likes

Really now? I’ll have to see.

Under Community Tab.

3 Likes

This was a pleasant surprise and I’m sure none of the usual suspects on this forum are going to complain about it…

4 Likes

Happy xmas, thanks 343, custom games here at last!!!:smiley::smiley::smiley::crazy_face:

Halo Infinite finally improving after some turbulent months.

1 Like

Welcome to game development. It takes months and months of planning, prototyping, iteration, playtesting, and QA testing before a feature is ready for release.

1 Like

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: SURPRISE! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

11 Likes

Whatever executive made the decision to make the CGB the top priority really made a great call. A surprise release of this feature is literally the best thing that could have happened for Infinite.

I bet this also means server networking is going to be the main priority between now and S3 releasing

3 Likes

Good news. Glad they got this out soon after Forge.

1 Like

Umm yeh heard about it. I guess to sometimes try customs but the thing is there’s still a lack of a proper progression system so custom games browser isn’t enough to make me to want to come back to Infinite.

I was pleasantly surprised to see they released custom games browser this early and seeing that it works! This drop pod is definitely a nice holiday treat for players.

Big thumbs up for the M&K improvement, my aim and movement feels a lot more smoother and better. Well done 343!

You don’t like the game then, you like skinner boxes.

1 Like

They just dropped a massively impactful feature during a random update between their major releases.

If I was a betting man, I’d put money down that when they inevitably update the progression system, you’re going to be on the forum saying: “Well there still isn’t a firefight mode, so the new progression system isn’t enough to make me want to come back to Infinite.”

Unwilling to play the game when major features are released, but 1000% willing to come to the forum to let everyone know that you’re definitely not going to play the game.

6 Likes

https://preview.redd.it/3ah6k9okldoy.jpg?auto=webp&s=d63df5554139e19f5627cf88c231a698b1c6135b

Wish we could use images but anyways this is a welcome surprise lol

1 Like

Except it seems to be a buggy mess

Too bad it doesn’t work.
Everytime I try to join a game it gives me errors or I go into an endless loading screen.

1 Like

Congratulations. Y’all have just discovered how software releases work.

1 Like

er… they work poorly?

1 Like

Err… That releasing software the end users will inevitably reveal network issues that are impossible to reproduce internally?

2 Likes