343 Just Broke ALL MP For Me

So I just started to play Halo, but I had to let it update first. The update took FAR longer than any update I have ever seen in all Halo games before btw. After updating, I go straight to forge to work on one of my maps. And guess what?

I’m stuck with it saying “Preparing Game” and “Whatever Map 0%”!!!

I can’t get into ANY map to forge on!

It also says “Players failed to load content. A player may be missing downloadable content.” at the bottom, but I bought the DLC maps! And when I go to matchmaking, I’m allowed to start searching for a match in the DLC playlist, so apparently I DO still have those maps?? So why is it saying that??

God Halo 4 is such a failure. They should rename it Halo Crysis, because this Halo is in a crisis situation due to trying to become Crysis.

Edit:

I can’t do custom games either because the game does the same thing in the custom games lobby/menu.

Apparently I can’t get a game in matchmaking now either, because it just says “Setting Up Game; Searching For Player” but isn’t finding anyone.

I LOVE YOU 343 INDUSTRIES!!!

isolated incident. I dont have any problems forging or customs.

Sounds like a defective download of the patch.

OP; Delete the update in the games instalation folder in the xbox memory page of the settings panel. Then download and apply it again.

Ok I’ll try that. But this has never happened before in all the updates in 2, 3, Anniversary, and Reach.

I won’t be buying Halo ever again, and that’s coming from someone who has played Halo since it came out when I was like 11 or 12 or whatever. This is the last straw with this game.

343 Industries and Microsoft have ruined Halo turning it into a very bad Crysis trying to get more money out of Halo, and they will NOT be getting my money any more.

Destiny here I come.

You caught 343i and their rotten, wicked plan. They personally hate you and are targeting you in particular to ruin your Halo experience. But I’m sure that by insulting them you’ve put them in their place and totally gave them the incentive to want to help you!

OT: I’m sure this is an incident confined to you only, not a problem with the game or 343i’s updates. Have you tried deleting the update from your console’s memory and then redownloading it? No? Oh, then I don’t see why you’re on here chewing out 343 when you’ve made no REAL effort to fix the problem.

Did you download the second disc onto your 360 Hard drive? it contains all the maps and matchmaking information. The original disc is just campaign. Downloading the waft of title updates again isn’t going to help.

I had this problem at first as it never told me I needed to until I looked online fore the problem.

Silly OP. Thinking insulting 343 and threatening to play other games is the best way to ask for help. That’s some nice life skill you have there. Try to get attention elsewhere.

> You caught 343i and their rotten, wicked plan. They personally hate you and are targeting you in particular to ruin your Halo experience. But I’m sure that by insulting them you’ve put them in their place and totally gave them the incentive to want to help you!
>
> OT: I’m sure this is an incident confined to you only, not a problem with the game or 343i’s updates. Have you tried deleting the update from your console’s memory and then redownloading it? No? Oh, then I don’t see why you’re on here chewing out 343 when you’ve made no REAL effort to fix the problem.

Its really obvious 343 Industries is Microsoft’s tool to squeeze as much money out of Halo as possible, in many ways. There have been lots of things hinting at that. I never said they’re targeting me in particular, but you know that. I don’t want their “help.” There is no “helping” the “Halo” game they have made. Its horrible, and completely broken, and they aren’t fixing it.

I’m actually re-downloading it right now believe it or not. Who would even know to do that anyway? If no one on here had told me its possible to delete title updates I wouldn’t have ever known. Its insane that is even needed to be done.

In all of 2, 3, Reach, and Anniversary I have never had an update take this long to download, or had to re-download a TU.

And why should I have to fix a problem with a game I paid for?!?!

This game is horrible. No amount of reasons/ problems I list will convince anyone who mindlessly defends 343 and Microsoft though if they do not already see how terribly broken and s****y this game is.

It is NOT Halo CE, 2, or 3.

> Silly OP. Thinking insulting 343 and threatening to play other games is the best way to ask for help. That’s some nice life skill you have there. Try to get attention elsewhere.

I don’t really care if I get help that much or not. This isn’t Halo CE, 2, or 3, aka HALO.

Its Halo REACH 2, aka Halo CRYSIS. And a very BAD Crysis at that.

So because 343 and Microsoft decided to change Halo into another game to try to squeeze more money out of it, I’m going to be playing other games very soon instead. Probably Halo 3 for fun gameplay, and Far Cry 3 for making my own maps.

I can’t wait for Destiny.

> Silly OP. Thinking insulting 343 and threatening to play other games is the best way to ask for help. That’s some nice life skill you have there. Try to get attention elsewhere.

It’s called frustration. It’s developed en mass with a Studio and Distributer who can’t seem to muster up one official employee to actively participate and engage on it’s own forums so these issues can be voiced, then resolved, or at least abated.

Well… didn’t take long for this topic to go south. The patch took less than a minute to download and install on my Xbox. That alone should tell you something simply went wrong for you.

I love all the kiddos that are campaigning for destiny. Have you done any research on destiny? Everyone that is saying halo 4 is catering to the casuals are going to get a rude awakening when they get into destiny a game that bungie has specifically stated will be made with the casual gamers in mind.

And I quote.

"Destiny is further described as “fun and accessible to all,” aiming “to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.” Based on the language in the document, it appears that Bungie aims to create a universe accessible to multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie’s efforts with Halo. A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”

Destiny’s gameplay is described by the document as “social at its core,” offering “a world to explore with friends, both old and new.” It’s unclear whether this confirms comments from Bungie in 2011 that the game is an MMO, which Bungie later called a joke. The document also includes a Destiny logo along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 icons, as well as the URL Destiny.com. While Destiny.com is currently password-protected, if it is indeed a URL that’s been purchased by Bungie, it could suggest that Destiny will ultimately be the game’s final name rather than a codename as previously speculated."

BTW halo 4 > h3 and h2

> > Silly OP. Thinking insulting 343 and threatening to play other games is the best way to ask for help. That’s some nice life skill you have there. Try to get attention elsewhere.
>
> I don’t really care if I get help that much or not. This isn’t Halo CE, 2, or 3, aka HALO.
>
>
> Its Halo REACH 2, aka Halo CRYSIS. And a very BAD Crysis at that.
>
>
> So because 343 and Microsoft decided to change Halo into another game to try to squeeze more money out of it, I’m going to be playing other games very soon instead. <mark>Probably Halo 3 for fun gameplay, and Far Cry 3 for making my own maps.</mark>
>
>
> I can’t wait for Destiny.

Then go do that then. Why waste your time coming on to these forums just to trash talk the game and the developers when you can enjoy yourself with a game you like better? Seems kind of silly on your part, doesn’t it? If you’re hating this game, then just go play something else. Quit spamming the forums and wasting your and our time.

> You caught 343i and their rotten, wicked plan. They personally hate you and are targeting you in particular to ruin your Halo experience.

Maybe this is part of their genius plan to drive away the “undesirable” fans and create an all-around better community.

Halo is now Crysis…

Halo gets accused of being everyone. XD

> I love all the kiddos that are campaigning for destiny. Have you done any research on destiny? Everyone that is saying halo 4 is catering to the casuals are going to get a rude awakening when they get into destiny a game that bungie has specifically stated will be made with the casual gamers in mind.
>
> And I quote.
>
> “Destiny is further described as “fun and accessible to all,” aiming “to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.” Based on the language in the document, it appears that Bungie aims to create a universe accessible to multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie’s efforts with Halo. A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”
>
> Destiny’s gameplay is described by the document as “social at its core,” offering “a world to explore with friends, both old and new.” It’s unclear whether this confirms comments from Bungie in 2011 that the game is an MMO, which Bungie later called a joke. The document also includes a Destiny logo along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 icons, as well as the URL Destiny.com. While Destiny.com is currently password-protected, if it is indeed a URL that’s been purchased by Bungie, it could suggest that Destiny will ultimately be the game’s final name rather than a codename as previously speculated.”
>
> BTW halo 4 > h3 and h2

I remember reading all this for myself and literally laughing

> Did you download the second disc onto your 360 Hard drive? it contains all the maps and matchmaking information. The original disc is just campaign. Downloading the waft of title updates again isn’t going to help.
>
> I had this problem at first as it never told me I needed to until I looked online fore the problem.

> Halo is now Crysis…
>
> Halo gets accused of being everyone. XD

Its an accurate comparison. Super suited soldiers with various future tech. It has cloaks, super speed, enchanced armor, and increased strength. On top of that it has loadouts, kill streak rewards, sprinting, aliens taking over earth, etc.

Its actually a much better comparison that CoD. Basically its Halo in a different dress.

> It is NOT Halo CE, 2, or 3.

You’re right. It’s Halo 4.

And just and FYI you should be aware of how your Xbox console, Xbox LIVE, and updates work, because nothing is perfect and -Yoink- happens. Most people know how to fix these things because they know how to work them. Complaining doesn’t fix problems. Ever.