343 it is simply time for a patch in Reach

I’m a Force Colonel, and I feel the pain of 50’s when they say that Reach is a bad game…

The more I play Halo Reach, the more blatantly obvious its flaws are becoming… I cannot ignore them anymore, I witness these fundamental flaws in Halo Reach’s design that are making it less and less fun every time I play it…

I want to be optimistic, but seriously WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THE BETA?! Many of Reach’s core design philosophies were actually better in the beta than the final game!

Here are some examples:

• DMR had a small clip and larger bloom, forcing people to time their shots or die.

• Magnum was actually useful!

• Double Melee…(well that was not that well implemented) but at least it killed fast enough that we didn’t realize Bleed through was actually REMOVED!

• Awesome, awesome times on Invasion in the Beta. Green MC Spartans VS Purple Elites, the fun was NON-STOP.

Then they forced us to be Red VS Blue…brilliant

But what do we have now? We have a game that has lost thousands (if not a million) players to CoD and even MW2, by inordinately large populations, and its increasing in number every day…

The fact is, if 343 doesn’t patch…this…game already there are going to be serious consequences. For one thing, Bungie has to be full of it to expect us to pay a subscription service for an MMO shooter! Are they serious? That is a very bad step after Halo, just my two cents…

You think I post this because I just want to dismiss Reach as a good game? No just no think before you post! I love Halo, and I loved the Reach Beta! LOVED IT!

So why was the Beta more fun Bungie? Why can I not play more than 3 games of Reach before getting bored out of my mind, with slow kill times, slow gameplay, not fully tested design choices, and copy paste maps.

343 you have the people. You have the resources. It is now time, PATCH REACH!!!

Sure some fixes are needed but most of what you say is nonsense. I mean does the Invasion colours annoy you that much? Pretty ridiculous.

The biggest problem in Invasion is the Rockets on Boneyard, so unnecessary in that closed space. If anything, the attackers should have Rocks, the PL just can’t do what Rocks can.

The Magnum is useful. Its awesome at times actually.

I agree with the double melee thing. Not that anything is wrong with double melee kills as such. But combined with Sprint or AL, its infuriating.

The Invasion Colors aren’t that big of a deal, but its a primary example of changing something that didn’t need any alterations.

> Sure some fixes are needed but most of what you say is nonsense. I mean does the Invasion colours annoy you that much? Pretty ridiculous.
>
> The biggest problem in Invasion is the Rockets on Boneyard, so unnecessary in that closed space. If anything, the attackers should have Rocks, the PL just can’t do what Rocks can.
>
> The Magnum is useful. Its awesome at times actually.
>
> I agree with the double melee thing. Not that anything is wrong with double melee kills as such. But combined with Sprint or AL, its infuriating.

1)Yes. The Invasion feel is gone.

2)Attackers can do their job just fine.

3)Nonsense.

4)Agreed.

1. If the colour of your animated solider returns a ‘feel’ of Invasion, then whatever floats your boat. There are literally hundreds of more important things on the agenda other than this. I’m not against it by any means, but it is so far down the list of priorities.

2. I play loads of Invasion, and I can’t count how many times a game goes stale simply and solely down to the Rockets dominating that particular area of the map on stage 3.

3. The Magnum is possibly the most versatile weapon in the game. From spamming close range melee sprinters, to picking off long range targets, to assisting teamates, to hurting vehicles.

4. At least we agree on something :slight_smile:

I agree fully

I’m just waiting for the classic playlist :slight_smile:

The DMR is the same as it was in the beta, with the exception of the ammo count. Increasing bloom and decreasing the ammo count would not improve the gameplay at all. The game would be reduced to what the Gears series has been with everyone just going in for close quarters because of how ineffective combat is in every other range.

Bloom was not made to force player to ALWAYS pace their shots. It was made so that they would learn what pace to shoot each weapon in each range. If there was no range in which pulling the trigger as fast possible was vaiable the what would be the point of letting the player even shoot that fast?

Invasion is the same thing as it was in the beta. The only difference might be that in the early stages of the beta spartan players spawn with dmrs and back then it was rare for the elite players to make it past phase 1 of invasion. Are you really suggesting that invasion is less fun now that they’ve changed the team colors? Really?

Every game loses the bulk of their population after launch. It happened to Halo 3 as well. Not everyone is dedicated and passionate enough to log on and play the same videogame every single day. Claiming that Reach is unsuccessful because it’s behind Call of Duty is ridiculous. What game isn’t behind Call of Duty? Theres more to gaming the playing the most popular one. Reach has a strong population and it’s in no trouble. It’ll stay strong till the next Halo game.

You could argue a certain portion of the community is gone because they aren’t pleased with the game. And honestly I’d argue it has more to do with Reach being less accessible making it less fun to a certain amount of the players.

Maybe Reach would benefit from a patch. But Reach really isn’t broken, it functions as designed. It certainly isn’t broken or in need of a patch for the reason you listed.

Tbh the Magnum is still useful, You should check my weapon stats on b.net :slight_smile: