343 is making steps in the right direction.

Now before I begin telling you how hyped I am for the warzone firefight update, I was not very happy with what 343 was doing. It’s taken them awhile to get us the content we want, and i still am angry because of that,but 343 is starting to improve halo 5 drastically. I made a post awhile back talking about how hog wild was going to be a disaster and well… it was, but i see 343 improving halo 5 now more than ever. The forge team is just incredible, they give us most of the highly requested forge blocks and the lead forge designer actually talks to the community. Now i am supper excited for warzone firefight, the new forge canvas looks great and I can finally have a tropical setting for a map. All the forge blocks are great and (as trump would say) “a HUGE” addition to the forge sandbox. Score attack is cool, but i probably will not visit this mode very often because i don’t like halo 5’s campaign. Now we get some dumb looking armor and what we’ve been begging for sense the game came out (besides infection): A UNSC FLYING VEHICLE! I was waiting for this for awhile, i mean the falcon would have been cool, but this, this is amazing! I am very curious to how it feels to pilot the Wasp (the Wasp is the name of the new vehicle). We also are getting 2 new warzone maps, 1 arena map, and some other reqs. This update looks like it will be a great addition to halo 5.

Tell me your opinion in the comments.

btw the grunt robot looks like a cool new and interesting boss to fight. Now lets get hyped for Halo 6: Return of the Grunt

Anytime someone says “firefight” in my hearing then I’m pretty excited.

On the larger issue of the slow content rollout I’ll repeat what I’ve said before. As players we keep expecting $60 to buy us as much game as it did twelve years ago when Halo 2 came out. It’s a natural expectation, but it’s also completely unrealistic. Name a big shooter that isn’t on a season pass / paid expansion model besides Halo. If staying away from paid DLC means letting the req system do its work and waiting months for the game to get completed then I’m okay with that.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Anytime someone says “firefight” in my hearing then I’m pretty excited.
>
> On the larger issue of the slow content rollout I’ll repeat what I’ve said before. As players we keep expecting $60 to buy us as much game as it did twelve years ago when Halo 2 came out. It’s a natural expectation, but it’s also completely unrealistic. Name a big shooter that isn’t on a season pass / paid expansion model besides Halo. If staying away from paid DLC means letting the req system do its work and waiting months for the game to get completed then I’m okay with that.

I disagree, these companies have MILLIONS of dollars to spend and halo 5 shipped with LESS content than halo 2 did at launch. Just because other big companies do shady stuff doesn’t mean it’s justified when 343 does something less shady than EA but still shady none the less. Also it’s never been about a money issue because they give millions of dollars out to mlg tournaments. I think halo 5 didn’t have enough time to be finished and the people making the game had no clue what they were doing. It’s always been about getting the game in for the Christmas season no matter what the state of the game is. Also 343 is giving us reqs and items we’ve seen in other content trailers! Also even if the money is the problem, they still could have wrote a good story. Also the free dlc microtransaction trade off thing would be ok in my mind if all the content was all new stuff instead of content that should have been in the game at launch.

> 2533275056700157;3:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > Anytime someone says “firefight” in my hearing then I’m pretty excited.
> >
> > On the larger issue of the slow content rollout I’ll repeat what I’ve said before. As players we keep expecting $60 to buy us as much game as it did twelve years ago when Halo 2 came out. It’s a natural expectation, but it’s also completely unrealistic. Name a big shooter that isn’t on a season pass / paid expansion model besides Halo. If staying away from paid DLC means letting the req system do its work and waiting months for the game to get completed then I’m okay with that.
>
>
> I disagree, these companies have MILLIONS of dollars to spend and halo 5 shipped with LESS content than halo 2 did at launch. Just because other big companies do shady stuff doesn’t mean it’s justified when 343 does something less shady than EA but still shady none the less. Also it’s never been about a money issue because they give millions of dollars out to mlg tournaments. I think halo 5 didn’t have enough time to be finished and the people making the game had no clue what they were doing. It’s always been about getting the game in for the Christmas season no matter what the state of the game is. Also 343 is giving us reqs and items we’ve seen in other content trailers! Also even if the money is the problem, they still could have wrote a good story. Also the free dlc microtransaction trade off thing would be ok in my mind if all the content was all new stuff instead of content that should have been in the game at launch.

The buget for a title like Halo 5 may well run to the hundreds of millions, but if you think that corporate overlord Microsoft is a bottomless pit of cash that 343 can tap into at will then you have some mistaken ideas about the nature of business ownership. Microsoft isn’t there to bankroll any whim that Bonnie Ross happens to have. They’re there to reap the profit of the investment that they make in 343. Halo has to be a money maker. Period. You have Microsoft on one handing looking for their return-on-investment, and you have the customer on the other hand demanding that you produce your game with a $60 price tag - the same price we were being charged twelve years ago. (Parenthetically I’ll disagree with your assertion that Halo 2 had more content at any time in its lifespan than Halo 5 had on day one.) But that aside, name me something… anything… that hasn’t got more expensive in the last twelve years. Sixty 2015 dollars is less money than sixty 2004 dollars. That means, pure and simple, less content. It’s just math. The game wasn’t unfinished at launch for lack of time, or to test the resolve and patience of customers. It was finished to the point the budget would allow while maintaining the expected level of profitability. Delaying the project to someone else’s arbitrary idea of “completion” doesn’t make the enterprise more profitable. It almost certainly does just the opposite. Microtransactions may not be anyone’s idea of a perfect solution, but to my way of thinking, they’re the lesser of many evils.