343 is looking for more community maps!

It seems that there are currently several threads here on waypoint in the community creations section that are for forgers to post their maps for various different modes. There is a post for btb maps, arena maps, infection maps, grifball maps, and most interestingly, CLASSIC REMAKES. The post for classic remakes is interesting as it mentions that the starting weapons should be those of the halo that the remake is from (such as the ar and Ce pistol for Ce maps, halo 2 battle rifle and ar for halo 2 remakes, etc.) could this mean that we are getting a classic playlist that plays like the classic games (as in no Spartan abilities)?

I will hold onto the hope that 343 makes the horrible decision of putting my Chiron TL-34 map into a classic playlist, screw balanced competition.

Gonna be really interesting to see these forge maps in team arena. They’re probably gonna be implemented after the end of this pro league season assuming that 343 adds them in ASAP. I’m really looking forward to the future content updates now.

Thanks for the information btw!

We’ve already seen some amazing classic remakes (The Pit, Turf, Guardian) for Halo 5 already. I would love to see a community playlists with classic maps.

> 2533274968707582;4:
> Thanks for the information btw!

No problem :slight_smile:

Oh boy. More H2 BRs. Just what I never wanted.

> 2533274796134964;5:
> We’ve already seen some amazing classic remakes (The Pit, Turf, Guardian) for Halo 5 already. I would love to see a community playlists with classic maps.

They don’t even play the same as the originals, so I’ll assume you say they’re amazing due to looks rather than how they play. Very few remakes play like how they used to, it’s why they shouldn’t be in matchmaking to begin with cuz h5 is built different than the originals. Playing tourney games in these remakes will show you the difference. The travel time and clambering things you couldn’t even jump just ruin it, you can cut through many areas that you couldn’t cut before. Remakes won’t work untill the game as a whole is made to suit classic play.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2533274796134964;5:
> > We’ve already seen some amazing classic remakes (The Pit, Turf, Guardian) for Halo 5 already. I would love to see a community playlists with classic maps.
>
>
> They don’t even play the same as the originals, so I’ll assume you say they’re amazing due to looks rather than how they play. Very few remakes play like how they used to, it’s why they shouldn’t be in matchmaking to begin with cuz h5 is built different than the originals. Playing tourney games in these remakes will show you the difference. The travel time and clambering things you couldn’t even jump just ruin it, you can cut through many areas that you couldn’t cut before. Remakes won’t work untill the game as a whole is made to suit classic play.

I’m pretty sure that these remakes would have their own playlist that wouldn’t have the Spartan abilities so that the maps would play similarly.

> 2533274925633740;9:
> > 2533274923562209;8:
> > > 2533274796134964;5:
> > > We’ve already seen some amazing classic remakes (The Pit, Turf, Guardian) for Halo 5 already. I would love to see a community playlists with classic maps.
> >
> >
> > They don’t even play the same as the originals, so I’ll assume you say they’re amazing due to looks rather than how they play. Very few remakes play like how they used to, it’s why they shouldn’t be in matchmaking to begin with cuz h5 is built different than the originals. Playing tourney games in these remakes will show you the difference. The travel time and clambering things you couldn’t even jump just ruin it, you can cut through many areas that you couldn’t cut before. Remakes won’t work untill the game as a whole is made to suit classic play.
>
>
> I’m pretty sure that these remakes would have their own playlist that wouldn’t have the Spartan abilities so that the maps would play similarly.

Exactly, I built my Chiron TL 34 map specifically for classic game types. The game type is set up as accurately to CE as possible, I didn’t make that though. It plays very similarly.

Yaaaay!!!