343 is going to hurt Halo if they don't add modes!

Even as someone who mostly stands by 343’s side, someone who greatly enjoys Halo 5 and sees 343 as a kind and supportive studio, I cannot deny the glaring issue that is causing that idea of 343 to diminish. When Halo 5 launched back in October of 2015, I was excited, I could not wait to play it, and it did not disappoint, while weak at times, the campaign was fun, the multiplayer was fun, I had my ODST helmet (Nightfall for now) and was ready to face world.

LACK OF MODES
At first I admit I was in a bit of denial, but as months came, updates went by, I realized something, We have gotten 4 (soon 5) updates in 6 months, and out of all of them, we have gotten 4 new modes. BTB, Grifball, Fiesta, and Assault. That’s it, while it may seem consistent, its not, 3 of those were released in one update, “Hammer Storm” to be specific. Not only that, but assault and Fiesta are trapped in a rotating “social” playlist, their true potential locked. In matchmaking, as of now, we have 4 casual modes to play! 4, that’s nothing compared to the dozens in Halo 4 and Reach! Now, you may be thinking, What about Warzone? ya, 343 may have marketed it as a casual mode, but its anything but, people play warzone as a competitive mode, killing any relaxation within it, that and the bugs and farming.

343 HAS SAID NOTHING TO US ABOUT ADDING MORE MODES
ok fine, so they confirmed that on infection is coming one day, but that’s about it, what about Juggernaut? KOTH? Race? Oddball? Action Sack? Heavies? Ricochet? what about a dedicated CTF and Strongholds playlist? why do they have to be locked behind Team Arena? 343 seems to be only interested in talking about HCS and other competitions or REQs.

343 IS IGNORING THE MANY FOR THE FEW (THE CASUAL FANBASE)
People said that Halo 4 was to casual, so 343 made it very competitive, while I am not blaming the competitive players, what I am saying is that they are the minority of the Halo player base no matter what is said. The issue is that 343 has taken this to an extreme, ignoring the causal fanbase, not adding modes or listening to the many asking for them, 343 is ignoring us. All they care about is getting more people to buy packs and to have tournaments. I am not saying that they should not have a competitive side to Halo, not at all, but they need to find a balance, something they do not have at the moment.

SUMMARY
With the way things have been shaping, I don’t know where Halo 5 will be after June, will 343 drop it and leave it to rot, will we get more modes, or be left with this and maybe 2 or 3 more? Do you think 343 is ignoring the casual fanbase? Maybe not directly, but it sure feels that way at least.

UPDATE: I see that 343 is indeed adding Infection, something that was asked for a lot, I am happy, but I am still bothered by the lack of modes. Armor looks good at least, and they ditched the flood look, yay.

UPDATE 2: removed one part due to its uncanny nature, looking back it seemed a little rude and wasn’t as clear as the rest of the the OP.

UPDATE 3: just changed the title to be less “click-baity” looking, I don’t want people to get the wrong idea.

At least Infection will help some, too bad we couldn’t get it sooner.

Some fair points, but the last one is flawed. That money is a very slim margin of the profit Halo 5 has already made and to elaborate on that; you can’t just throw money at parts of a game and have it magically appear. Developers will get paid their salary consistently for their work, and this is independent from any amount of money Microsoft throws their way. Unless they want to outsource it, and we’ve seen how that goes.

> 2533274944778648;3:
> Some fair points, but the last one is flawed. That money is a very slim margin of the profit Halo 5 has already made and to elaborate on that; you can’t just throw money at parts of a game and have it magically appear. Developers will get paid their salary consistently for their work, and this is independent from any amount of money Microsoft throws their way. Unless they want to outsource it, and we’ve seen how that goes.

ok I admit, it was a bit of flawed anger going there, I know it takes more then money to make things happen, obviously salaries need to be paid, Ill edit it, maybe just remove it due to its very eh… angered nature.

> 2535429756019039;4:
> > 2533274944778648;3:
> > Some fair points, but the last one is flawed. That money is a very slim margin of the profit Halo 5 has already made and to elaborate on that; you can’t just throw money at parts of a game and have it magically appear. Developers will get paid their salary consistently for their work, and this is independent from any amount of money Microsoft throws their way. Unless they want to outsource it, and we’ve seen how that goes.
>
>
> ok I admit, it was a bit of flawed anger going there, I know it takes more then money to make things happen, obviously salaries need to be paid, Ill edit it, maybe just remove it due to its very eh… angered nature.

It’s alright, but then again, anything seems constructive after seeing that twitch chat.

> 2533274944778648;5:
> > 2535429756019039;4:
> > > 2533274944778648;3:
> > > Some fair points, but the last one is flawed. That money is a very slim margin of the profit Halo 5 has already made and to elaborate on that; you can’t just throw money at parts of a game and have it magically appear. Developers will get paid their salary consistently for their work, and this is independent from any amount of money Microsoft throws their way. Unless they want to outsource it, and we’ve seen how that goes.
> >
> >
> > ok I admit, it was a bit of flawed anger going there, I know it takes more then money to make things happen, obviously salaries need to be paid, Ill edit it, maybe just remove it due to its very eh… angered nature.
>
>
> It’s alright, but then again, anything seems constructive after seeing that twitch chat.

At least the Reach update looks good as of now, I just hope 343 does some game-mode bulk updates, like making may and June bulk updates, June having less due to firefight of course.

Assault is just a lame version of ricochet

and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal

> 2535429756019039;6:
> > 2533274944778648;5:
> > > 2535429756019039;4:
> > > > 2533274944778648;3:
> > > > Some fair points, but the last one is flawed. That money is a very slim margin of the profit Halo 5 has already made and to elaborate on that; you can’t just throw money at parts of a game and have it magically appear. Developers will get paid their salary consistently for their work, and this is independent from any amount of money Microsoft throws their way. Unless they want to outsource it, and we’ve seen how that goes.
> > >
> > >
> > > ok I admit, it was a bit of flawed anger going there, I know it takes more then money to make things happen, obviously salaries need to be paid, Ill edit it, maybe just remove it due to its very eh… angered nature.
> >
> >
> > It’s alright, but then again, anything seems constructive after seeing that twitch chat.
>
>
> At least the Reach update looks good as of now, I just hope 343 does some game-mode bulk updates, like making may and June bulk updates, June having less due to firefight of course.

I really hope they’re keeping the falcon under wraps, because this seems like the opportune time to add it in. Maybe even a forge world canvas or other map if we’re lucky. But as for game modes, multi team is pretty much confirmed after a data mine.

> 2533274962122285;7:
> Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
>
> and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal

Assault was around WAY BEFORE ricochet bud fyi…way before!!

> 2533274962122285;7:
> Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
>
> and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal

I really don’t know how they could mess up infection, I mean, all it is is just a mode where you swap teams when killed and you use the energy sword.

> 2533274815533909;9:
> > 2533274962122285;7:
> > Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
> >
> > and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal
>
>
> Assault was around WAY BEFORE ricochet bud fyi…way before!!

indeed, its what made Halo 3 Grifball possible!! I just hate seeing it and fiesta locked behind a rotating playlist in matchmaking, that and I think we need a fiesta CTF, so we can have meta raid back!!

> 2535429756019039;11:
> > 2533274815533909;9:
> > > 2533274962122285;7:
> > > Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
> > >
> > > and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal
> >
> >
> > Assault was around WAY BEFORE ricochet bud fyi…way before!!
>
>
> indeed, its what made Halo 3 Grifball possible!! I just hate seeing it and fiesta locked behind a rotating playlist in matchmaking, that and I think we need a fiesta CTF, so we can have meta raid back!!

I think an Action Sack playlist would be better than a dedicated Fiesta CTF playlist. Also, where’s my oddball playlist? :frowning:

> 2533274944778648;12:
> > 2535429756019039;11:
> > > 2533274815533909;9:
> > > > 2533274962122285;7:
> > > > Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
> > > >
> > > > and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal
> > >
> > >
> > > Assault was around WAY BEFORE ricochet bud fyi…way before!!
> >
> >
> > indeed, its what made Halo 3 Grifball possible!! I just hate seeing it and fiesta locked behind a rotating playlist in matchmaking, that and I think we need a fiesta CTF, so we can have meta raid back!!
>
>
> I think an Action Sack playlist would be better than a dedicated Fiesta CTF playlist. Also, where’s my oddball playlist? :frowning:

I mentioned oddball in the OP, I think both would be nice actually as I did notice the Meta/Husky Raid was always chosen in Action Sack in Halo 4. It could work like Grifball ,being very sporty with a variety of maps based off the same template.

Don’t forget that they make it to easy for what I call “rapezone” to happen, where one team can just dominate in Warzone, whether because they’re all a team, skill, or something else by either prematurely assaulting the other none-central base to capture it, or to stop them form pushing to attack the center, allowing the attackers to capture it. Hell, I had two games in a row where that happened, on two different maps, btw, and they camped us at our main base before the five minute mark, and we were lucky to get to two hundred. Hell, the second one had a mantis before we even got Scorpions. I can think of ways to fix that. One being take A.R.C. out, and reintroduce it later patched, with the bases further apart, maybe where the comm towers are, so as to prevent stuff like the easy assault in standard. I know that’s not going to happen, but I’m just saying there are obvious solutions, such as make it to where one team, to the five minute mark, can only have one base, and keep the central one locked down until then, so as to prevent stuff like that, and make it to where Reqs are time based, not score based, as snowball effect could happen, or the spawn trapping prevents one team from being able to get the major kills to keep up.

This is why I have a multitude of glorious games in my library. Play Halo, get all REQs then switch over to other game while waiting for next update and new REQs with a bank of 200,000 REQ points. It let’s me play for another few days before I go off and play some other game for a while… because yeah… that’s how it is for me… fun.

> 2535416918114167;14:
> Don’t forget that they make it to easy for what I call “rapezone” to happen, where one team can just dominate in Warzone, whether because they’re all a team, skill, or something else by either prematurely assaulting the other none-central base to capture it, or to stop them form pushing to attack the center, allowing the attackers to capture it. Hell, I had two games in a row where that happened, on two different maps, btw, and they camped us at our main base before the five minute mark, and we were lucky to get to two hundred. Hell, the second one had a mantis before we even got Scorpions. I can think of ways to fix that. One being take A.R.C. out, and reintroduce it later patched, with the bases further apart, maybe where the comm towers are, so as to prevent stuff like the easy assault in standard. I know that’s not going to happen, but I’m just saying there are obvious solutions, such as make it to where one team, to the five minute mark, can only have one base, and keep the central one locked down until then, so as to prevent stuff like that, and make it to where Reqs are time based, not score based, as snowball effect could happen, or the spawn trapping prevents one team from being able to get the major kills to keep up.

For Warzone, they need to change the boss system and match people using some kind of REQ comparing system.

> 2533274956086815;15:
> This is why I have a multitude of glorious games in my library. Play Halo, get all REQs then switch over to other game while waiting for next update and new REQs with a bank of 200,000 REQ points. It let’s me play for another few days before I go off and play some other game for a while… because yeah… that’s how it is for me… fun.

I to enjoy getting packs, I still play the heck out of the game, I get angry, but I still play it the most, I have my armor goals set!! Helljumper and Centurion, or Jorges armor from the new reach update!!

I flip between this, Rocket League and Halo Wars more recently after it became BC, can’t wait for HW2 by the way!!

> 2535429756019039;16:
> > 2535416918114167;14:
> > Don’t forget that they make it to easy for what I call “rapezone” to happen, where one team can just dominate in Warzone, whether because they’re all a team, skill, or something else by either prematurely assaulting the other none-central base to capture it, or to stop them form pushing to attack the center, allowing the attackers to capture it. Hell, I had two games in a row where that happened, on two different maps, btw, and they camped us at our main base before the five minute mark, and we were lucky to get to two hundred. Hell, the second one had a mantis before we even got Scorpions. I can think of ways to fix that. One being take A.R.C. out, and reintroduce it later patched, with the bases further apart, maybe where the comm towers are, so as to prevent stuff like the easy assault in standard. I know that’s not going to happen, but I’m just saying there are obvious solutions, such as make it to where one team, to the five minute mark, can only have one base, and keep the central one locked down until then, so as to prevent stuff like that, and make it to where Reqs are time based, not score based, as snowball effect could happen, or the spawn trapping prevents one team from being able to get the major kills to keep up.
>
>
> For Warzone, they need to change the boss system and match people using some kind of REQ comparing system.

Yeah, that too. I’m just saying, it gets real annoying when your on the defense of the rapezone games, especially as you can’t control what area of the base you spawn at. For me, anyway, it’s annoying. So here’s hoping they fix that -Yoink- with Darkstar.

Some one just full of salt who clearly didn’t do any research before complaining… I guess 343 has to send people to each person’s house to explain everything word for word because they don’t know where to go for information that is out there about the game and upcoming game modes.

> 2533274815533909;9:
> > 2533274962122285;7:
> > Assault is just a lame version of ricochet
> >
> > and when it comes to infection chances are it will be some crap like infection but not as good as the real deal
>
>
> Assault was around WAY BEFORE ricochet bud fyi…way before!!

Well then I guess I’m saying why do we have assault when we have richochet which is like a better version of assault.