343 is designing Halo the wrong way

Rebooted Because It was Too Much Like Other Shooters

“You can probably close your eyes and imagine a ‘Call of Doom(halo)’ or a ‘BattleDoom(halo)’ game, where it starts to feel way too much like: ‘Wait, this doesn’t feel like Doom(halo), it feels like we’re playing some other franchise with a Doom(halo) skin on it.’”

Why can’t 343 see this problem the way ID has? When you release a game that is too similar to so many other well established games on the market you only serve to:
1- Alienate a large % of long time fans.
2- Eliminate anything that could set your game apart that draws in attention and sales.
3- People become bored of your game fast(see Halo4, titanfall,Battlefeild Hardline, medal of honour, etc)

Come one 343, turn this franchise around.

I disagree entirely.

I don’t speak for everyone but I couldn’t be more excited for Halo 5. For both Campaign and Multiplayer.

I’m actually quite happy with what 343 has done with Halo 5.

Disagree.

> 2533274833600810;2:
> I disagree entirely.
>
> I don’t speak for everyone but I couldn’t be more excited for Halo 5. For both Campaign and Multiplayer.

Are you a big COD/battlefield/destiny/titanfall player?

>Plays literally nothing like Call of Duty
>completely different mechanics, styles and setting
>Community somehow still thinks this is a CoD game.

The CoD comparisons are getting old, and I am convinced that the only reason people even say “CoD” anymore is because it’s the biggest bandwagon, no matter how little sense it makes.

> 2535446090254407;5:
> > 2533274833600810;2:
> > I disagree entirely.
> >
> > I don’t speak for everyone but I couldn’t be more excited for Halo 5. For both Campaign and Multiplayer.
>
>
> Are you a big COD/battlefield/destiny/titanfall player?

I’ve played all those games and many many more but I don’t see how that is relevant.

I enjoy Halo because it’s Halo and other games because they are what they are.

> 2533274798011936;6:
> >Plays literally nothing like Call of Duty
> >completely different mechanics, styles and setting
> >Community somehow still thinks this is a CoD game.
>
> The CoD comparisons are getting old, and I am convinced that the only reason people even say “CoD” anymore is because it’s the biggest bandwagon, no matter how little sense it makes.

I agree. I don’t really see any similarities other than their genre. Call of Duty has guns, Halo has guns, therefor Halo must be just like Call of Duty! Am I right?

I love seeing these threads continually pop up. It’s like the seasonal flu. Sometimes they are agreed on and other times they aren’t not even recognized.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Oh look, another a**hole who thinks that they speak for the entire community! Why can’t 343 see the problem that id soft had? Probably because any idiot who passed 1st grade… Well, anything, would be able to tell you that Halo 4 is a Halo game based off of the game mechanics, as long as he/ she held a modicum of knowledge regarding the Saga and its previous games. This can partly be attributed to the reason as to why you have such trouble identifying with the Reclaimer Trilogy, specifically Halo 5.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274798011936;6:
> >Plays literally nothing like Call of Duty
> >Community somehow still thinks this is a CoD game.
> The CoD comparisons are getting old, and I am convinced that the only reason people even say “CoD” anymore is because it’s the biggest bandwagon, no matter how little sense it makes.

LPretty much every single shooting and moving mechanic(not to mention several other things) can also be found in COD/Battlefield/Destiny/Titanfall.
Halo 4 and 5 clearly borrow heavily from other popular FPS games. Denying this is nothing but pure, unadulterated fanboyism. You can like that they are borrowing mechanics and think the game plays well. I disagree, but that’s a totally acceptable subjective opinion. Outright denying that it is happening though is just…hilarious.

Put that article in my signature awhile ago.
Really did find it impressive that they would actually do something like that.

Whatever you say.

> Oh look, another a**hole who thinks that they speak for the entire community!

Not exactly the impression left on me after reading the post right above mine.

> 2533274833600810;7:
> > 2535446090254407;5:
> > > 2533274833600810;2:
> > > I disagree entirely.
> > >
> > > I don’t speak for everyone but I couldn’t be more excited for Halo 5. For both Campaign and Multiplayer.
> >
> >
> > Are you a big COD/battlefield/destiny/titanfall player?
>
>
> I’ve played all those games and many many more but I don’t see how that is relevant.
>
> I enjoy Halo because it’s Halo and other games because they are what they are.

Well, I applaud your mental fortitude to be able to play all these games that play so similarly without becoming bored. However, I do not think most people are like you.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274855477511;8:
> > 2533274798011936;6:
> > >Plays literally nothing like Call of Duty
> > >completely different mechanics, styles and setting
> > >Community somehow still thinks this is a CoD game.
> > The CoD comparisons are getting old, and I am convinced that the only reason people even say “CoD” anymore is because it’s the biggest bandwagon, no matter how little sense it makes.
>
> I agree. I don’t really see any similarities other than their genre. Call of Duty has guns, Halo has guns, therefor Halo must be just like Call of Duty! Am I right?

Hurr… Durr… Halo is dead! Hurr… Durr…

You realizing you’re making final conclusions about a game that still has five months until release, right?

> 2533274855477511;8:
> > 2533274798011936;6:
> >
> > The CoD comparisons are getting old, and I am convinced that the only reason people even say “CoD” anymore is because it’s the biggest bandwagon, no matter how little sense it makes.
>
>
> I agree. I don’t really see any similarities other than their genre. Call of Duty has guns, Halo has guns, therefor Halo must be just like Call of Duty! Am I right?

Well

Since taking over 343 has added:
Killsteaks
Customisable loudouts
Hitmarkers
Grenade indicators
Removed descoping
Unlimited sprint
ADS
Clamber
Customisable weapons with different stats
Slide
Ground pound
Shoulder charge
Hover
Req packs
AI in pvp multiplayer

Did I miss any?

If you can’t see 343 borrowing mechanics from games like COD, titanfall and destiny then I guess I am left to assume you somehow play Halo while being visually impaired.

> 2535446090254407;11:
> > 2533274798011936;6:
> >
>
>
> LPretty much every single shooting and moving mechanic(not to mention several other things) can also be found in COD/Battlefield/Destiny/Titanfall.
>
> Halo 4 and 5 clearly borrow heavily from other popular FPS games. Denying this is nothing but pure, unadulterated fanboyism. You can like that they are borrowing mechanics and think the game plays well. I disagree, but that’s a totally acceptable subjective opinion. Outright denying that it is happening though is just…hilarious.

Halo 4, yes. Halo 5, no. The Spartan Abilities and things like the thruster pack and what not were all designed for Halo 5 long before any other game like Titanfall or Advanced Warfare was announced or released.

> 2533274836465274;10:
> Oh look, another a**hole who thinks that they speak for the entire community! Why can’t 343 see the problem that id soft had? Probably because any idiot who passed 1st grade… Well, anything, would be able to tell you that Halo 4 is a Halo game based off of the game mechanics, as long as he/ she held a modicum of knowledge regarding the Saga and its previous games. This can partly be attributed to the reason as to why you have such trouble identifying with the Reclaimer Trilogy, specifically Halo 5.

Is this english?

> 2533274835229788;15:
> You realizing you’re making final conclusions about a game that still has five months until release, right?

My conclusion is that 343 is borrowing too much from other games. I do not need to play the game to know this.

Much like how I did not need to play bloodborne to know it borrowed heavily from the souls games. Then I did play it. And(surprise) it borrowed heavily from the souls games.

> 2535446090254407;13:
> > 2533274833600810;7:
> > > 2535446090254407;5:
> > > > 2533274833600810;2:
> > > > I disagree entirely.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t speak for everyone but I couldn’t be more excited for Halo 5. For both Campaign and Multiplayer.
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you a big COD/battlefield/destiny/titanfall player?
> >
> >
> > I’ve played all those games and many many more but I don’t see how that is relevant.
> >
> > I enjoy Halo because it’s Halo and other games because they are what they are.
>
>
> Well, I applaud your mental fortitude to be able to play all these games that play so similarly without becoming bored. However, I do not think most people are like you.

I do get bored of those games playing the same and that’s why I like Halo, it’s a breath of fresh air and if you ask me, it still takes more skill/teamwork than any console shooter out right now.