343 Industries, Turn the Halo 2 servers back on

Personally I’d like to see the Halo 2 servers turned back on. Halo 2 was the best multiplayer game of its time and I still believe even though the graphics aren’t at todays standards alot of Halo fans would enjoy playing the wonderful game once again. Just my opinion though…

They should just focus on Halo 4, 343i will be judged slightly on the TU but mainly I will save most of my criticism for Halo 4.

> Personally I’d like to see the Halo 2 servers turned back on. Halo 2 was the best multiplayer game of its time and I still believe even though the graphics aren’t at todays standards alot of Halo fans would enjoy playing the wonderful game once again. Just my opinion though…

It would be nice if they could bring Halo 2 on xbox live arcade with xbox live support.

i wish they could do that but microsoft wouldnt let it happen

i wish they could put H2s multiplayer piggy backing off of reach

> They should just focus on Halo 4, 343i will be judged slightly on the TU but mainly I will save most of my criticism for Halo 4.

I agree on focusing on Halo 4 and you saying that they will be judged when the title update is relased for Reach, but the thing is on this website under games you click on Halo 2 and look at its features it shows matchmaking, in a way this is false advertisement if someone new came into the Xbox community and wanted to play it on the Xbox 360 as it says on the games portion of this site, there would be no matchmaking. It wouldn’t take that much to turn the servers back on as it did too turn them off. Sure you can play Halo 2 on the PC, but its not the same sitting in front of your TV in your favorite chair eating your favorite snack while slaying your fellow Halo players on the best game in its time…

If I remember correctly, 343i were the ones who shut it down. plus, those servers have either been repurpsed, or thrown out and replaced with new ones. It is a shame that they turned them off, but I don’t thnk that to many people would still play on a daily baisis. I could be wrong thugh…

yea, thats not going to happen…

microsoft shut down all the original xbox servers because they “needed to inorder to improve/upgrade the current xbox live”, 343i is a subsidiary of microsoft studios in case you were unaware, therefore it’s never going to happen

it’s out of their hands now, microsoft are the ones who shutdown support, it wasnt just halo 2, microsoft phased out support for XBL on ALL original xbox games.

343 dosent have a say in the matter

I had an idea.
343 could release an arcade game,multiplayer only with all the classic gamemodes we remember.
I played Halo 2 at my friends house ALOT,and it was fun.

They never shut down halo 2’s servers, they shut down original xbox live. Also I’m pretty sure halo 2 never even had servers anyway since it is p2p, except for stuff like stats tho.

Or, -Yoink!- can make a bundle of money with…

HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!

Bungie wanted to keep halo 2 up. Microsoft didnt :frowning:

It can’t happen because the xbox servers were shut off. If you really wanna play Halo 2 online you could just get Halo 2 Vista for your computer. You can play with your gamertag and you can even get achievements too.

They can’t. That was something Microsoft decided, not Bungie. They have no control over that.

> They should just focus on Halo 4, 343i will be judged slightly on the TU but mainly I will save most of my criticism for Halo 4.

they redid halo CE. Why not come out with a remade halo 2. I loved the first halo. But it was halo 2 that did it for me. i think even till this day it was the best story line yet for its time. Very well written and made. redo halo 2 for the new xbox thats all i gotta say about that

They could turn the Halo 2 servers on, but we still won’t be able to play Halo 2 online. The original Xbox LIVE service has shut down thus we won’t be able to connect at all.

I’m sure that a map pack of some sorts will come with our favorite Halo 2 maps.

It’s not as simple as flipping a switch.

343i can’t,ask Microsoft.

> > They should just focus on Halo 4, 343i will be judged slightly on the TU but mainly I will save most of my criticism for Halo 4.

from what I gathered from the SCC pannel: the HR TU will pretty much be more classic playlists but with modified settings to make it more classic than the ones we have right now.