343 Industries redeeming themselves?

With the Halo Master Chief Collection getting a lot of positive reactions on Steam and Halo Infinite coming out this year, does this show that 343 Industries is slowly redeeming themselves including learning from their mistakes in Halo 5?

> 2535434101253033;1:
> With the Halo Master Chief Collection getting a lot of positive reactions on Steam and Halo Infinite coming out this year, does this show that 343 Industries is slowly redeeming themselves including learning from their mistakes in Halo 5?

We won’t know for sure until Halo: Infinite gets a demo, beta or just releases.

Bungie abandoned Halo’s PC ports after Halo 2.343 re-releasing Reach and then all the other main games in the franchise years after their original release is more than enough for me.

They’re definitely on the right track

MCC is a masterpiece, but it still doesn’t fully heal the old scars or players who left in 2014/2015 after the disaster that old MCC was. I think they’ve done a ton of work and it’s awesome, but I’m still waiting on a complete Halo experience (great campaign, great multiplayer) on launch, which I honestly think Infinite will be.

Of course, even a bad Halo experience is a pretty damn good video game experience, so I really can’t complain.

They’ve already redeemed themselves in my mind. We’ll see what Infinite does though.

Having MCC on PC is fantastic, and I’m grateful for the effort 343i put into it. However, regarding 343i’s ability to create original games that I like, nothing has really changed since Halo 5 as far as I’m concerned. Since they can’t just keep remastering Bungie games forever, that’s what ultimately matters. So, my stance whether they are an able, creative studio that can create a good original Halo game has not changed.

I doubt we’ll be able to say with any degree of certainty that 343i has managed to truly “right the ship” for even the first few years into the Series X launch, when we can say for certain that Infinite has long-term MP legs.

In general, I think that MS in particular, and 343i subsequently, have lately been making the right kinds of decisions to seriously compete in the industry again. Time will tell if their intentions bear out- but here’s hoping that Infinite and Series X both prove to be revitalizing elements for Halo and Xbox altogether.

> 2533274850493408;5:
> MCC is a masterpiece, but it still doesn’t fully heal the old scars or players who left in 2014/2015 after the disaster that old MCC was. I think they’ve done a ton of work and it’s awesome, but I’m still waiting on a complete Halo experience (great campaign, great multiplayer) on launch, which I honestly think Infinite will be.
>
> Of course, even a bad Halo experience is a pretty damn good video game experience, so I really can’t complain.

One of the greatest things this community has done, was that Save the MCC hashtag. I honestly think if it wasn’t for the community begging for it to be fixed, we would have such a good collection.

I still think LASO should have never been an achievement :frowning: only Halo game I can’t 100%

I think that the only way for 343 to redeem themselves is to make the sangheili (elites) back to their original “form.” 343 RUINED the sangheili for me, they effectively turned them into mindless Jiralhanae (Brutes). I absolutely hate what they did in halo 4 and 5 by taking out playable sangheili and changing them into Jiralhanae. they also made the spartans WAY to overpowered (just look at the cut scenes for Halo 5). they turned a proud race of warriors into drunk Idiots that look terrible. so, for me, the only way 343 can redeem themselves is be remaking the sangheili into what they were in Halo 2 anniversary (and making the Spartans less overpowered).

They are definitely on the right track with all the positive reception they’ve been receiving recently, but in terms of creating games and such, I think tsassi makes a very good point. We’ll have to wait for Infinite before we know if they have truly learnt from their mistakes with H5. As a Halo fan, I do have hope though.

So far I’ve seen them trying to fix their misteaks so I do say they are

I hope everyone is right. It’s going to be a huge event for 343 Industries once Halo Infinite come out on both Xbox One and PC.

Too soon to say, specially because we still don’t know what Halo Infinite is all about, but the community is looking less toxic and whiny about everything and it is hopeful for the next game. For me they never had a bad reputation as many people think.

I’m looking forward to play Halo Infinite on my PC so I can finally respond to that because, I think it’s too early to know.
Remastering old games is great for players but it doesn’t show us if they learned from past mistakes or if their story for Halo Infinite is as great as CE, 2, 3, ODST, Reach.
If Halo Infinite as both a great campaign and a great multiplayer with firefight and forge, then 343i will have redeem themselves in my eyes.
If not, I’ll just wish them the best cuz players (myself probably included) gonna be pissed off.

They have with mcc. But Halo infinite needs a good story and good gameplay for them to fully redeem themselves, but they are on track too.

When they first announced mcc coming to pc all the way back in march 2019 I was so hyped it was insane and believed they seriously redeemed themselves but with how long they took to port it over and how much of a bad job it ended up being I’m going to have to say no they haven’t redeemed themselves.

Very very disappointing since I’ve never been so hyped over something and then have that hype be killed so badly.

343 Industries has to make up for things dating all the way back to 2011, and a lot of those things (which frequently get swept under the rug) are very difficult to forgive. This isn’t as simple as “we don’t like the story and how they let us run in the games”, so it’s probably going to take a few more years of improving upon their current (mostly good) behavior for me to truly forgive them. I find it difficult to forgive the company where Bonnie Ross said, “we didn’t know Halo: The Master Chief Collection was broken before launch” only for Frank O’Connor to admit otherwise later (something I strongly feel should’ve led to legal action against the company).

T

Well I mean they’re not Bethesda and I heard they’re bringing split screen back which is nice to see. As a whole we’ll have to see because honestly to me the storyline for Halo 4 and 5 is sort of lame and the loot box issue kind of sucked too. They should go back to earning and unlocking armor, making a campaign that is enjoyable to play through and dare to do something new. Reach and ODST are awesome games and its because they didn’t beat MC’s story to death, they went a different way. It’d be nice to see them either do something completely new story wise or at least move on from the John and Cortana thing. Give a resolution and move on.