343 Industries, Please read and acknowledge this! Very important!

Dear 343 Industries or to whom it may concern,

This is a Halo: Reach topic, but this also ties in with Halo: CEA. The Defiant Map pack in Halo: Reach, created by you, 343 Industries, has a "LOCKED ORIGINAL AUTHOR", so to speak. In Forge on any Defiant Map, after a player edits and saves a Forged map variant as a new map, on the edited map file details it shows in clear text:

CREATED BY: 343 Industries

Modified by: (Your Gamertag) INSTEAD OF WHAT IT SHOULD BE… BELOW.

CREATED BY: (YOUR GAMERTAG)

Modified by: (Your Gamertag unless someone else modifies it.)

My point is that the 343 Industries name will always be where it says, "CREATED BY:". This means if you edit something on a Forge map and save it, it will simply say it was MODIFIED by you, not created by. It’s impossibe for players to take credit for their forge maps as an original author.
Please do not make this mistake with the Halo CEA map pack that you are shipping out with the Halo CEA game. Players want to take pride and take credit for their own maps.
THANK YOU

It kind of is only modified by you, technically…

I think it would be different if it was a Forge World map but they are maps created by 343. Everything else is essentially a modification. :frowning:

Why does it bother you?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Well, that’s another reason for me to not buy Defiant.

> Why does it bother you?

All someone has to do to steal your map is resave it in Forge. Their name replaces the “Modified By” field, and all traces of your authorship vanish.

> Are you freaking kidding me?
>
> Well, that’s another reason for me to not buy Defiant.
>
>
>
> > Why does it bother you?
>
> All someone has to do to steal your map is resave it in Forge. Their name replaces the “Modified By” field, and all traces of your authorship vanish.

IMO the defiant map is the best so i think you should buy it