343 Industries not developers? is it true?

Hey!
I keep reading around the web and hearing that 343i is less of a developer and more of an overseer of halo franchise, Is this true? People keep bringing up( why have not 343i made something them self, Or why did they hand over the Halo anniversary development to another developer and the noble map to certain affinity, etc)

I Think I know this is not true, I knew they were handling all Halo related stuff and making Halo games, Not loaning others to do it like other people saying , So am beginning to doubt now.

What I found about 343i in the internet is that there is lots of talented developers who works in 343i.
I know that Ryan Payton is designing the Chief Helmet ever since he joined 343i.

So what is your take on that guys? Am sure you have more info then I do.

Are they wrong and I’m Right?

Thanks for you’r effort
Iraqi Halo supporter since Halo CE :slight_smile:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/9888.aspx

Here’s a nice long thread discussing said topic.

I for one don’t see the issue. From what I can tell this is how a lot of video games get made. 343i is made up of big Halo fans, and for that reason I have faith that they will help continue the Halo universe in a positive way. To have every aspect of a game developed in house would be near to impossible, right?

Have you ever watched all the credits at the end of a game? That is what goes into making a video game.

<4

They oversee stuff, but their team is still small so they might need some assistance, like working with Saber Interactive for CEA.

No, they are a studio, they are just all busy with Halo 4. They also oversee EVERYTHING Halo related. That is their job. Halo.

> No, they are a studio, they are just all busy with Halo 4. They also oversee EVERYTHING Halo related. That is their job. Halo.

That’s What am thinking also. They are a studio right ? Look at all the developers that has joined the studio.