343 Industries Listen to Fans Please

As some of you may now Halo Reach isn’t to popular with fans. There have been more people on Modern Warefare 2(a year old game) than Halo Reach(a month old game) by about 100,000 people the past week.

So please 343 Industries listen to Halo’s fans in your games and do not make the games something that Halo is not.

I believe Major Nelson’s charts would contradict your argument. Halo Reach is a very popular game, and is very “popular with fans”. The ones whining about every little thing on the forums are usually not the majority. The thing is, that those that enjoy the game, don’t write threads, because they are busy playing the game. Because a lot of players scream for a feature, doesn’t mean that it’s good, or that it is what the majority wants.

I would say that a higher majority of people are disappointed with it than not from what I’ve seen and Bungie’s main competitor has a year old game that is having more players play it than a month old game. I am just honestly dissapointed with the game. It is still the only game i have been playing but it just to me does not feel like a Halo game and i am excited for what 343 will do with Halo and hope 343’s games feel more like Halo games.

I personally am of the opposite opinion and think that reach is the best in the series and bungie has included pretty much everything the fans wanted and all of my friends that play halo agree with me about that.
I do hope that 343I doesn’t do what M$oft wants them to do and make 1 halo game a year so that it is extremely milked and there is no time to get rid of the bugs etc. I think 1 game in 3 years is plenty so yea

well major nelson has been slacking apparently. the last top live activity list he did was for sept 20 and reach was on top. i don’t know of any other place these numbers are posted (sites like raptr would not be accurate since they only look at their members). regardless, i don’t understand all the uproar over reach. every game in the series has brought changes, reach is no different.

you really haven’t been specific about what you don’t like about it, so i’ll just stop there. reach is definitely one of my favorites though, so i have a hard time believing the majority of players don’t like it.

> I would say that a higher majority of people are disappointed with it than not from what I’ve seen and Bungie’s main competitor has a year old game that is having more players play it than a month old game. I am just honestly dissapointed with the game. It is still the only game i have been playing but it just to me does not feel like a Halo game and i am excited for what 343 will do with Halo and hope 343’s games feel more like Halo games.

You say that the majority is disappointed with the game. What sources, exectly, are you refering to? Have you interviewed all of the millions consumers that’ve bought it? Or even just the 1-2 million players online each day? I don’t think so. No direspect, but the whiners are not the majority. They only shout the loudest, and that by itself should not be a merit for you to listen to them.

Some concerns and complaints are genuine and well-placed, true; Reach is not perfect, no game is after all, but most are just upset for various reasons, and think that because they bought the game, they are entitled to having the game changed to their liking.

If you head over to the Bungie.net Reach forum, you’ll see a lot of complaining, and a lot of wretched vile, but that doesn’t mean that they are the majority of this fanbase.

Fact of life. You can never satisfy everyone. I’m pretty sure there are a large group of people who have their complaints with the game and I’m sure there is an equally large group that simply adores it. Bungie has the numbers somewhere that shows them the population playing the games.

If you want to give feedback, go ahead and post things you would like to see in a Halo game :slight_smile:

Remember that disappointment is relative. It depends fully on what expectations you had for the game. I think almost everyone has at least one minor complaint about the game, but show me a game where you had no disappointments at all. There’s a huge difference between being disappointed that the BR has been replaced or that a color was changed from the Beta, and being so disappointed that you want your money back.

When people say that Halo Reach does not feel like Halo, I must assume they mean Halo 2 and 3. I agree. I think we can all see that of the newer games this game is more like ODST than Halo 2 or 3 as far as health system movement (not taking into account armor abilities) and loss of dual wield. I for one though think Reach is most like Halo 1 and for that I am grateful. Reach plays just like Halo 1 only with armor abilities. I couldn’t ask for a more true to the essence of Halo game. (gameplay wise, canon wise is another story) On the first Halo you don’t duel wield, you have 2 grenade types (frag, sticky) You dont really jump that high, you have a health bar, and have to get healthpacks. You know, this sounds alot like another Halo game that just came out. What was it called again?

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that my mind has changed on this subject I love Reach now. I was just raging, my bad.

Do not mistaken the vocal minority on B.net for the majority. Waypoint and B.net’s communities are just a tiny fraction of the whole.

Also, game population numbers prove nothing. Not everyone is a CoD player, not everyone is a Halo player, and not everyone has the capacity and or preferences to play both or other games.

I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.

> I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.

> Although I can see why people would be mad about it (some of the best Custom Gametypes were Alpha Zombie-based), I personally don’t see it as that big of a deal. Just like how people thought not being able to watch Theater Mode with other people ruined the game, it’s just a silly thing to complain over.

> > I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.
>
> > Although I can see why people would be mad about it (some of the best Custom Gametypes were Alpha Zombie-based), I personally don’t see it as that big of a deal. Just like how people thought not being able to watch Theater Mode with other people ruined the game, it’s just a silly thing to complain over.

It’s the culmulation of all these little drops in the glass.

> > > I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.
> >
> > > Although I can see why people would be mad about it (some of the best Custom Gametypes were Alpha Zombie-based), I personally don’t see it as that big of a deal. Just like how people thought not being able to watch Theater Mode with other people ruined the game, it’s just a silly thing to complain over.
>
> It’s the culmulation of all these little drops in the glass.

> Which don’t really even add up to a half-full glass.

Take Modern Warfare 2, now THAT game had legitimate problems.

> > > > I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.
> > >
> > > > Although I can see why people would be mad about it (some of the best Custom Gametypes were Alpha Zombie-based), I personally don’t see it as that big of a deal. Just like how people thought not being able to watch Theater Mode with other people ruined the game, it’s just a silly thing to complain over.
> >
> > It’s the culmulation of all these little drops in the glass.
>
> > Which don’t really even add up to a half-full glass.
>
> Take Modern Warfare 2, now THAT game had legitimate problems.

Other half, what they could have done but didn’t. More? Storyline.

Edit: Hey all the last posts on Forums navigation page are all by me except the one in the announcment. Reminds me how I had a page full of last posts by me in the [general?] section of the halo wars forums.

> > I don’t think many people are satisfied that there are no more alpha zombies.
>
> > Although I can see why people would be mad about it (some of the best Custom Gametypes were Alpha Zombie-based), I personally don’t see it as that big of a deal. Just like how people thought not being able to watch Theater Mode with other people ruined the game, it’s just a silly thing to complain over.

i disagree. infection and fat kid are now almost dead and there have been dozens of times where i wanted to watch a film with a friend. It is a complete annoyance when all this stuff ruins the game. Every other thing having something broken or removed is gana cause problems.

I would have to agree HOWEVER I feel most still play just because it still is the best that bungie has given us. Halo 3 wasn’t to good and ODST being better than 3 kinda messed things up for the franchise. I believe Reach is amazing with its Legendary Campian and new gamemodes such as INVASION and FIREFIGHT 2.0. I mean there are alot Things missing and this is the part in which I agree with you. Bungie didn’t improve on things that they should of or didn’t take as far as they should of. FOR EXAMPLE, CO-OP should of been 5-7 players for halo fans and friends 4 is just plain out OUTDATED. I mean there are 6 members in Noble squad and with the competitiveness should of atleast given them on option to not play with ai and have friends fill those spots for coop. Also firefight should of been up to 6 as well.

I was extremely upset with the custimization of armor and classes. I had really hoped that bungie would have put in some kind of decal or custom paint job system in halo reach. Let me explain, imagine taking you spartan or elite in a garage where you can have the option to color and paint your charachter with intricit designs and decals either the whole body all at once or more complex limb by limb(head,left leg,right leg, ect ect). I had really hoped that with the LOADOUT features would atleast give me the option of creating my own class in the menu before hooping into combat but that clearley wasn’t the situation. I must sadly chose one of bungies lame classes that have no startegic importance what so ever. I cant create a custom color for anything. Im not saying I want COD classes but atleast give it a halo spin.

Now multiplayer. Im sure what im about to ask is going to be a question everyone has had for a while. WHY CAN’T WE FLY PELICONS AND PHANTOMS. I mean seriously I wanted to be able to fly around pick up my allies and drop them off odst style in battle. With the phantom it could be the same way except you get an elite coffin when you get dropped off. How hard would that be to do. I honestly say im really disopointed that hasn’t been put in a halo game yet.
Maps have also been a huge issue for me. I mean this 2011 im so tired of theses little 4v4 maps. Im tired of spawning and having to be 4 feet away from the action or getting sniped as soon as my hud appears. (you should be able to color your hood aswell). I want bigger maps and more strategy involved in them. Lets not make them just because we want to.

Gamemodes have been pretty good obviously one of the better things about halo in the last few years. Although I still feel that one gamemode is missing. How about a faction based gamemode. We can treat like an arena type game seprate from the rest of the playlist and once you have chosen it you must pick a primary faction and a secondary faction.( These obviously would be human and covenant) Inside the human and covenant you could ODST and SPARTANS for the humans and ELITES and BRUTES or what ever else you decide. It would be a never ending war fighting for planest, colonies, and halos. After one faction has captured the majority of the halo universe the season would end and begin and start up once again. Ofcourse you should be able to change factions when you please or atleast 3 times a season.

Other than that I feel bungie gave it there all and more. I really couldn’t see anything else that could of been done.
Also 343 IF YOUR LISTENING PLEASE GIVE THESE IDEAS A CHANCE I BEG OF YOU. I know of the remake of halo ce and halo 4 that will be comming in 2012. Hopefully we can see these instalments including some of these ideas.

I AM TRYING TO CREATE A MACHINIMA SERIES IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN PLZ SEND ME A MESSAGE ON MY GT CRUSADED VISION, ALL I ASK IS BE RESPECTFUL AND IF YOU HAVE A CAPTURE CARD YOUR WELCOME WITH OPEN ARMS.