343 Industries communty play date

Hey, I was wondering what playlists do 343 industries usually do every play date and could some give me a link to the page of the timings
Thx

They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.

Alternatively, they’ll post them in the Community Updates.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.

Which is stupid. Why not post it in a topic on this forum and/or in the in-game message of the day a week in advance? You know, give people who don’t care to have a stupid Twitter account just to see when they’re going to do them a chance to see that they’re coming up. And as far as I’ve heard from a few of my friends, they tweet when they’re going to do them, like, an hour or so before it happens & it’s usually in the middle of the day when most people are at work/school. And that they only play for about an hour as well, which is also stupid.

> 2533274808531262;4:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.
>
> Which is stupid. Why not post it in a topic on this forum and/or in the in-game message of the day a week in advance? You know, give people who don’t care to have a stupid Twitter account just to see when they’re going to do them a chance to see that they’re coming up. And as far as I’ve heard from a few of my friends, they tweet when they’re going to do them, like, an hour or so before it happens & it’s usually in the middle of the day when most people are at work/school. And that they only play for about an hour as well, which is also stupid.

I bet a lot more people follow 343i on twitter than use this site actively.

Also twitter has the benefit of instant notification. Waypoint doesn’t send push notifications to your phone, or anything like that.

Also also, 343i works in the west coast time zone. And their job is Halo. So while the community posted may occur during the workdays of many fans, I imagine they do it when is most feasible given their schedules.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> > 2533274808531262;4:
> > > 2533274875982754;2:
> > > They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.
> >
> > Which is stupid. Why not post it in a topic on this forum and/or in the in-game message of the day a week in advance? You know, give people who don’t care to have a stupid Twitter account just to see when they’re going to do them a chance to see that they’re coming up. And as far as I’ve heard from a few of my friends, they tweet when they’re going to do them, like, an hour or so before it happens & it’s usually in the middle of the day when most people are at work/school. And that they only play for about an hour as well, which is also stupid.
>
> I bet a lot more people follow 343i on twitter than use this site actively.
>
> Also twitter has the benefit of instant notification. Waypoint doesn’t send push notifications to your phone, or anything like that.
>
> Also also, 343i works in the west coast time zone. And their job is Halo. So while the community posted may occur during the workdays of many fans, I imagine they do it when is most feasible given their schedules.

1.They may be so but it’s still stupid to not have something on this forum letting people know.

2.That’s why I said give people a week or so advance notice on here and/or in the in-game message of the day. Give people a chance to plan for it if they can or at least want to try.

1. Time zones are irrelevant if they play for longer than an hour. For example, say four 343i employees play for the first hour & then they have to go back to work, just, for lack of a better term, “pass the sticks” to another 4 employees. It doesn’t have to be an all-day community playdate kind of thing but at least something longer than it currently is which I believe from what I’ve been told is only an hour. I don’t know how many people are employed at 343i but I’m guessing it’s around at least 50-60 so I really don’t see how or why it would be an issue with 1 team of 4 employees playing for an hour, then switching to another for the 2nd hour & then finishing with another 4 employees for a 3rd hour. The AR skin would still be pretty rare but it would also give more people a chance to obtain it. At least, that’s just the way I see it.

I see Warzone mostly, but the last one was the Halo 2 BR playlist.

> 2533274808531262;6:
> > 2533274817408735;5:
> > > 2533274808531262;4:
> > > > 2533274875982754;2:
> > > > They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.
>
> 1.They may be so but it’s still stupid to not have something on this forum letting people know.
>
> 2.That’s why I said give people a week or so advance notice on here and/or in the in-game message of the day. Give people a chance to plan for it if they can or at least want to try.
>
> 3. Time zones are irrelevant if they play for longer than an hour. For example, say four 343i employees play for the first hour & then they have to go back to work, just, for lack of a better term, “pass the sticks” to another 4 employees. It doesn’t have to be an all-day community playdate kind of thing but at least something longer than it currently is which I believe from what I’ve been told is only an hour. I don’t know how many people are employed at 343i but I’m guessing it’s around at least 50-60 so I really don’t see how or why it would be an issue with 1 team of 4 employees playing for an hour, then switching to another for the 2nd hour & then finishing with another 4 employees for a 3rd hour. The AR skin would still be pretty rare but it would also give more people a chance to obtain it. At least, that’s just the way I see it.

I don’t think giving out the Ice skin is their main priority in doing these playdates. After all, they were doing them long before the Fire and Ice skin were a thing. I think the point is giving them a chance to connect with players through the medium that matters most: the game itself.
I agree that more forewarning could only be a good thing; Bungie typically gives players about a week’s notice about playdates, and they announce it on their website. I don’t pretend to know how 343i plans for their playdates, though; maybe they do it more impromptu. It would be nice if 343i could be more available for community playdates, but at the same time, we should be grateful they do it at all.

> 2533274808531262;4:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch.
>
> Which is stupid. Why not post it in a topic on this forum and/or in the in-game message of the day a week in advance? You know, give people who don’t care to have a stupid Twitter account just to see when they’re going to do them a chance to see that they’re coming up. And as far as I’ve heard from a few of my friends, they tweet when they’re going to do them, like, an hour or so before it happens & it’s usually in the middle of the day when most people are at work/school. And that they only play for about an hour as well, which is also stupid.

That’s right, I dont wanna make a twitter account just to find community play dates

The play dates are usually in the newest playlist that’s been added to the game or in whatever playlist got an update that week.

> 2727626560040591;10:
> The play dates are usually in the newest playlist that’s been added to the game or in whatever playlist got an update that week.

Thx for your input, it helps

Playdates get announced in the weekly update if there is one, so they do get mentioned on this site.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> > 2533274808531262;4:
> >
> > Which is stupid. Why not post it in a topic on this forum and/or in the in-game message of the day a week in advance? You know, give people who don’t care to have a stupid Twitter account just to see when they’re going to do them a chance to see that they’re coming up. And as far as I’ve heard from a few of my friends, they tweet when they’re going to do them, like, an hour or so before it happens & it’s usually in the middle of the day when most people are at work/school. And that they only play for about an hour as well, which is also stupid.
>
> I bet a lot more people follow 343i on twitter than use this site actively.
>
> Also twitter has the benefit of instant notification. Waypoint doesn’t send push notifications to your phone, or anything like that.
>
> Also also, 343i works in the west coast time zone. And their job is Halo. So while the community posted may occur during the workdays of many fans, I imagine they do it when is most feasible given their schedules.

So? This is their official site, their official source of communication. They could easily have a waypoint app that sends such notifications, there are really no excuses. The amount of times I have had to use Reddit to see what the debs/343 team members have said and see community interaction. They do far more of that away from their “official site”.

> 2533274808531262;4:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > They normally announce on Twitter. Follow unyshek or ske7ch

Whoa, whoa, whoa, put the bat down spartan. I don’t disagree necessarily, but your rant is not productive. I referred op to the best place for him/her to get the information they requested.

> 2533274969019973;9:
> > 2533274808531262;4:
>
> That’s right, I dont wanna make a twitter account just to find community play dates

Then don’t. You asked a question, and I referred you to the best place for this information.

> 2533274817408735;8:
> After all, they were doing them long before the Fire and Ice skin were a thing. I think the point is giving them a chance to connect with players through the medium that matters most: the game itself.

I had a nice long post, and then accidentally erased it. I don’t have the heart to go all back into it again.

My main point was that I disagree that this is much of a way to “connect with players”. I have brought up the Reach community play dates frequently, and I will continue to. Now that was a “Community Playdate”. Two hours long, given a week’s advance, if you were lucky you would receive an invite to the game and join the lobby with a couple of 343 employees, and others; finally play a game or two in customs, and have a blast. With the possibility of actually being able to talk to them. I will always have that memory.

What are these play dates now? We are told maybe the day before, one hour long, hoping to play against a team of them in matchmaking, not able to talk to them, and win a weapon skin. Which would you rather have? I really have a hard time accepting and being happy with this little bit of connection we might have a chance to receive. Maybe I expect too much, and should just let it go. I admit. I will still keep trying to match up against them. Even with the low probability of it.

Tomorrow at 2PM PT.

I don’t even use Twitter. I dont get the point in it.

> 2533274813317074;12:
> Playdates get announced in the weekly update if there is one, so they do get mentioned on this site.

You know I thought the same thing, but unless I missed it it wasn’t in there. Which kind of sucks. It’s been in every other one.

It’s usually the new playlists.

> 2535468866269281;19:
> It’s usually the new playlists.

Yes that is correct, this wee k on Friday 2pm pft, they are playing extermination