343 In it for the moolah

Well with the Halo 5 info we have, one thing is obvious… 343 sees how much money Call of Duty makes, and decided “hey let’s make call of duty Halo style so we can hope to get rich!!”. It will be the end of the series for sure. The reason there has always been COD players and Halo players is because of the differences in the games. Not everyone wants loadouts, staring down military sites, and armor abilities… actually, really none of the Halo community does. We want a game where shooting and accuracy matters, 4v4 arena style is the focus… and nobody has an advantage over anyone else based on loadouts, armor abilities, etc. Give us a couple power ups, a couple power weapons on small maps and we will be happy. Instead of focusing on bringing CoD players over to Halo to fill your pockets, maybe it’s time to try and get the Halo community back by making a game we enjoy. The only saving grace is Neighbor is now working for 343, and hopefully he will have the balls to tell them how bad what they are doing is, and how much their COD rip off is going to suck.

The funniest thing about all of this is if you go back and watch some of the interviews, read them, from months ago after MCC was announced… 343 was harping on how they are getting back to the basics, 4v4 arena style, no loadouts, no sprinting… what Halo was really about! Now, they are going right the opposite, taking what made Halo 4 terrible and thus far putting every single little bit of that into Halo 5. Nobody liked Halo 4 because these guys made a terrible game, a game that shouldn’t even be included in the Halo series. It was scapped from competetive gaming due to how bad it was. There is a reason it isn’t included in ANY playlists in MCC but it’s own, because 343 knows it sucks.

If they want to make a great game, they need to take what they have done with Halo 2: Anniversary, and build Halo 5 off of that… as I have played it and it is really enjoyable. It will be sad if they best thing this (so far) crap tier company can produce is a remake of someone else’s game who did it right…

> 2533274919185538;1:
> Well with the Halo 5 info we have, one thing is obvious… 343 sees how much money Call of Duty makes, and decided “hey let’s make call of duty Halo style so we can hope to get rich!!”. It will be the end of the series for sure. The reason there has always been COD players and Halo players is because of the differences in the games. Not everyone wants loadouts, staring down military sites, and armor abilities… actually, really none of the Halo community does.

Stopped reading right there. You are not the elected spokesperson of “the Halo community”. You certainly don’t speak for me. A cursory glance through these forums would show there are a variety of opinions on display, with plenty of people in favour of some or all of the changes.

  1. Halo 5 is focusing WAY more on the fast paced Arena said that any other Halo. Map movement is a huge part of that.

  2. CoD and Halo will ALWAYS be different. Halo 5 doesn’t have loadouts, flinch, perks, killstreaks and weak -Yoink- soldiers.

  3. AA’s aren’t even in the bloody game… And neither are loadouts. You are severely misinformed.

  4. Shooting and accuracy have always been there. Halo 5 seems to push this, Yet again.

  5. It is a Arena styled focus. Clearly, You don’t know what Arena style is…

  6. 343 are focusing on evolving the arena side of Halo’s MP. Ins’t that what you guys wanted?

  7. 343 NEVER said that Sprint wasn’t in Halo 5. They avoided talking about it.

  8. This post is laughable. Not just because you are spreading lies, But also about how you seem to think that Arena multiplayer is all bare bones. Arena MP are VERY fast paced games, With MASSIVE emphasis on Movement. That’s what they are focusing on with Halo 5 and I personally think it’s way more innovative than just recycling Halo 2’s MP again and again.

Yeah, thats usually how the gaming industry works, people make games for money. Or at least you’d hope so, anyway. No one in their right mind, makes a AAA game, for free.

As for going back to Halo’s routes, people said they wanted it to be about competitive, arena style gameplay, where map control is central to victory, and 343i gave you that. If this stuff got passed the -Yoink!- pros, how on earth do you expect it not to be competitive?

There’s also many pros working at 343i; Bravo, Neighbor, Dersky, Ghost, and even a former MLG employee called Lenoxcoolgamer. Neighbor is definitely not the only one. So lets stop selectively giving credit to one person, so as to deliberately downgrade 343i’s credibility!

I think people need to realise that Halo 2’s formula is dated, its not going to last in the FPS market if it continues to recycle itself year in, year out. I also think people need to realise that there is a beta for a reason. Play it, then talk.

> 2. CoD and Halo will ALWAYS be different. Halo 5 doesn’t have loadouts, flinch, perks, killstreaks and weak -Yoink- soldiers.

To be fair, Halo 4 did have those. So you can’t really say that the two franchises were that different, as far as game mechanics go, back in 2012. Fortunately, they had enough sense to scrap most of those.

There are no loadouts, or armor abilities. The game IS 4v4 arena focus, all abilities and traits are universal.

Sprinting has been rebalanced. Smart Scope essentially Halo’s old zoom feature it even has descope. Normal firing is the same, and being scoped in is just made to look like ADS, it still plays the same.

A lot of your concerns seem unfounded.

Correction: MICROSOFT is in it for the moolah, and 343 has to pretty much do what they say.

> 2533274842918190;5:
> There are no loadouts, or armor abilities. The game IS 4v4 arena focus, all abilities and traits are universal.
>
> Sprinting has been rebalanced. Smart Scope essentially Halo’s old zoom feature it even has descope. Normal firing is the same, and being scoped in is just made to look like ADS, it still plays the same.
>
> A lot of your concerns seem unfounded.

Probably except for the AR getting a scope. Halo’s automatics (sans the M7/S) have never been outfitted with scopes before so this rather radical change is something we need to track closely.

> 2533274873310828;7:
> > 2533274842918190;5:
> > There are no loadouts, or armor abilities. The game IS 4v4 arena focus, all abilities and traits are universal.
> >
> > Sprinting has been rebalanced. Smart Scope essentially Halo’s old zoom feature it even has descope. Normal firing is the same, and being scoped in is just made to look like ADS, it still plays the same.
> >
> > A lot of your concerns seem unfounded.
>
>
> Probably except for the AR getting a scope. Halo’s automatics (sans the M7/S) have never been outfitted with scopes before so this rather radical change is something we need to track closely.

Well, lore-wise and game-wise - When you look at the NPC’s and other Spartans in the game you can see that they keep the guns (including AR) against their shoulder, and looking down something.
343i have already given a lore-answer to this question: The “looking down the sight” (smart scope) it is actually an augmented reality projected on your visor/HUD.

> 2533274812329837;8:
> > 2533274873310828;7:
> > > 2533274842918190;5:
> > > There are no loadouts, or armor abilities. The game IS 4v4 arena focus, all abilities and traits are universal.
> > >
> > > Sprinting has been rebalanced. Smart Scope essentially Halo’s old zoom feature it even has descope. Normal firing is the same, and being scoped in is just made to look like ADS, it still plays the same.
> > >
> > > A lot of your concerns seem unfounded.
> >
> >
> >
> > Probably except for the AR getting a scope. Halo’s automatics (sans the M7/S) have never been outfitted with scopes before so this rather radical change is something we need to track closely.
>
>
> Well, lore-wise and game-wise - When you look at the NPC’s and other Spartans in the game you can see that they keep the guns (including AR) against their shoulder, and looking down something.
> 343i have already given a lore-answer to this question: The “looking down the sight” (smart scope) it is actually an augmented reality projected on your visor/HUD.

Standard Halo lore has dictated that all UNSC personnel have the standard HUD seen in-game projected in front of them by way of the compulsory neural interface and electronic contact with their weapons.
Nevertheless, if this is an enhancement of said system, this could turn out interesting.

> 2533274873310828;9:
> > 2533274812329837;8:
> > > 2533274873310828;7:
> > > > 2533274842918190;5:
> > > > There are no loadouts, or armor abilities. The game IS 4v4 arena focus, all abilities and traits are universal.
> > > >
> > > > Sprinting has been rebalanced. Smart Scope essentially Halo’s old zoom feature it even has descope. Normal firing is the same, and being scoped in is just made to look like ADS, it still plays the same.
> > > >
> > > > A lot of your concerns seem unfounded.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Probably except for the AR getting a scope. Halo’s automatics (sans the M7/S) have never been outfitted with scopes before so this rather radical change is something we need to track closely.
> >
> >
> >
> > Well, lore-wise and game-wise - When you look at the NPC’s and other Spartans in the game you can see that they keep the guns (including AR) against their shoulder, and looking down something.
> > 343i have already given a lore-answer to this question: The “looking down the sight” (smart scope) it is actually an augmented reality projected on your visor/HUD.
>
>
> Standard Halo lore has dictated that all UNSC personnel have the standard HUD seen in-game projected in front of them by way of the compulsory neural interface and electronic contact with their weapons.
> Nevertheless, if this is an enhancement of said system, this could turn out interesting.

Yeah, that’s what I mean. :slight_smile: So nothing have been retconned or changed.

Oh and to give OP a reply: I disagree with what you’re saying. That is all.

Tl;dr

Supply and demand, op. All Corporations are in it for the money, no matter what they say.
People like halo, people like immersion, but modern shooters sale better, so the supplier is trying to make a game that is all three of these things.

And Bingie was a charity? Every developer (especially the big ones) is in’t for the moolah. Some devs, like 343 and Bioware, make the purchase more worth it by listening to the fans.

> 2533274919185538;1:
> Well with the Halo 5 info we have, one thing is obvious… 343 sees how much money Call of Duty makes, and decided “hey let’s make call of duty Halo style so we can hope to get rich!!”. It will be the end of the series for sure. The reason there has always been COD players and Halo players is because of the differences in the games. Not everyone wants loadouts, staring down military sites, and armor abilities… actually, really none of the Halo community does. We want a game where shooting and accuracy matters, 4v4 arena style is the focus… and nobody has an advantage over anyone else based on loadouts, armor abilities, etc. Give us a couple power ups, a couple power weapons on small maps and we will be happy. Instead of focusing on bringing CoD players over to Halo to fill your pockets, maybe it’s time to try and get the Halo community back by making a game we enjoy. The only saving grace is Neighbor is now working for 343, and hopefully he will have the balls to tell them how bad what they are doing is, and how much their COD rip off is going to suck.
>
> The funniest thing about all of this is if you go back and watch some of the interviews, read them, from months ago after MCC was announced… 343 was harping on how they are getting back to the basics, 4v4 arena style, no loadouts, no sprinting… what Halo was really about! Now, they are going right the opposite, taking what made Halo 4 terrible and thus far putting every single little bit of that into Halo 5. Nobody liked Halo 4 because these guys made a terrible game, a game that shouldn’t even be included in the Halo series. It was scapped from competetive gaming due to how bad it was. There is a reason it isn’t included in ANY playlists in MCC but it’s own, because 343 knows it sucks.
>
> If they want to make a great game, they need to take what they have done with Halo 2: Anniversary, and build Halo 5 off of that… as I have played it and it is really enjoyable. It will be sad if they best thing this (so far) crap tier company can produce is a remake of someone else’s game who did it right…

This is a quite frankly silly post as all business are in it for the money otherwise it would not be a business.