343, if the new Firefight map has a Warthog on it...

Please make it a normal Warthog. I’m sick of this Rocket hog, it’s not as fun or memorable as using the hog in ODST Lost Platoon. If there isn’t one, then please consider changing the hog on either Unearthed or Beachhead to a normal Warthog ( At E3 2010, Beachhead had a normal one, and it was amazing! ).

Existing Firefight maps are not configurable. The only hope for a Warthog that isn’t an inaccurate and borderline-worthless deathtrap is for them to put a standard chaingun 'Hog on the new Firefight map.

Couldn’t agree more. We need at least ONE firefight map with that good old Warthog on it! Rocket hogs are just…No good! They’re there for fun…But when you’re actually trying to KILL THINGS…They’re nearly useless.

> Existing Firefight maps are not configurable. The only hope for a Warthog that isn’t an inaccurate and borderline-worthless deathtrap is for them to put a standard chaingun 'Hog on the new Firefight map.

Actually, I believe it is possible with a title update. People assume its not possible because Bungie thus far has only released playlist updates.

Yes, and we need more than just one. I have no idea why Unearthed, as good as it is, only has one Warthog.

> > Existing Firefight maps are not configurable. The only hope for a Warthog that isn’t an inaccurate and borderline-worthless deathtrap is for them to put a standard chaingun 'Hog on the new Firefight map.
>
> Actually, I believe it is possible with a title update. People assume its not possible because Bungie thus far has only released playlist updates.

It definitely IS possible to change the Warthog on Unearthed and/or Beachhead, although this would increase the size of the TU considerably since the download had the changed map(s).

Anyway, I guess it won’t be changed. After all, the main reason we have the rocket Hog is because they’re actually less useful than the chaingun Hog. Covies frequently dodge the rockets by leaping out of harm’s way which they couldn’t do (at least not as effectively) if you had a chaingun Hog. It would be ridiculously easy to part the Hog at some place where the Covies can come only from one direction and spray them to oblivion.

The Rocket Hog is much more balanced than the Chain gun Hog, you have to get up close and lead your shots.

I am hoping for a firefight map that has banshees, a falcon, or a revenent.

> The Rocket Hog is much more balanced than the Chain gun Hog, you have to get up close and lead your shots.

Or you simply spam.

Trust me, I’ve spent enough time behind the Warthog’s turret on Beachhead while playing in the Score Attack playlist to know that simply shooting all the time works very well. Except maybe for Mythic Attack… XD