343, I ask that, if Bungie fails to see to it before July, that you tend to Infection and Invasion.

These playlists are likely the most neglected that I have ever seen. Yes in Infection they had a few camp zones eliminated, but that isn’t the problem. They both need more map variants, a simple answer. Invasion practically has only two maps, Boneyard and Spire. And the Infection maps are just horrible altogether, not that the maps are horrible, but the maps simply aren’t designed for infection, they’re designed for slayer and objective and that’s the way they should stay. The thing in Halo 3 Infection that had everyone coming back looking forward to the amount of fun that Infection provided was a variety of tailor-made infection maps designed specifically for that purpose, and also a variety of game modes with which to play in. That’s my argument I hope you enjoyed it.

Yeah, Halo 3 Infection was great. I had over 600 EXP in Social Living Dead just because it was fun. Andromeda, Bubonic and Tree Rot were my favorites. The maps just felt right.

We need some good community maps for them.

I agree. There are a lot of Community-made Invasion and Infection maps, and a lot of the Infection maps are probably better than the standard maps Bungie uses.

> I agree. There are a lot of Community-made Invasion and Infection maps, and a lot of the Infection maps are probably better than the standard maps Bungie uses.

This so much, BTB has gotten way better since the new maps were added. Maby some halo 3 remakes of infection maps for reach? I reckon that would work

> These playlists are likely the most neglected that I have ever seen. Yes in Infection they had a few camp zones eliminated, but that isn’t the problem. They both need more map variants, a simple answer. Invasion practically has only two maps, Boneyard and Spire. And the Infection maps are just horrible altogether, not that the maps are horrible, but the maps simply aren’t designed for infection, they’re designed for slayer and objective and that’s the way they should stay. The thing in Halo 3 Infection that had everyone coming back looking forward to the amount of fun that Infection provided was a variety of tailor-made infection maps designed specifically for that purpose, and also a variety of game modes with which to play in. That’s my argument I hope you enjoyed it.

i dont really play invasion that much, but when i did the humans spawned with pistols. is that still happening in invasion? iuno how they could possibly overlook this MASSIVE imbalance (or maybe its intended to give the humans a chance to push to the next phase or whatever).

Community Infection maps = endless lolz XD

> > These playlists are likely the most neglected that I have ever seen. Yes in Infection they had a few camp zones eliminated, but that isn’t the problem. They both need more map variants, a simple answer. Invasion practically has only two maps, Boneyard and Spire. And the Infection maps are just horrible altogether, not that the maps are horrible, but the maps simply aren’t designed for infection, they’re designed for slayer and objective and that’s the way they should stay. The thing in Halo 3 Infection that had everyone coming back looking forward to the amount of fun that Infection provided was a variety of tailor-made infection maps designed specifically for that purpose, and also a variety of game modes with which to play in. That’s my argument I hope you enjoyed it.
>
> i dont really play invasion that much, but when i did the humans spawned with pistols. is that still happening in invasion? iuno how they could possibly overlook this MASSIVE imbalance (or maybe its intended to give the humans a chance to push to the next phase or whatever).

Well, considering that elites have camo, and evade, and humans only have sprint, and elites have a bit more health than humans, I’d say it’s still pretty even.

> > > These playlists are likely the most neglected that I have ever seen. Yes in Infection they had a few camp zones eliminated, but that isn’t the problem. They both need more map variants, a simple answer. Invasion practically has only two maps, Boneyard and Spire. And the Infection maps are just horrible altogether, not that the maps are horrible, but the maps simply aren’t designed for infection, they’re designed for slayer and objective and that’s the way they should stay. The thing in Halo 3 Infection that had everyone coming back looking forward to the amount of fun that Infection provided was a variety of tailor-made infection maps designed specifically for that purpose, and also a variety of game modes with which to play in. That’s my argument I hope you enjoyed it.
> >
> > i dont really play invasion that much, but when i did the humans spawned with pistols. is that still happening in invasion? iuno how they could possibly overlook this MASSIVE imbalance (or maybe its intended to give the humans a chance to push to the next phase or whatever).
>
> Well, considering that elites have camo, and evade, and humans only have sprint, and elites have a bit more health than humans, I’d say it’s still pretty even.

but the elites have terrible weapons, so they cant reasonably kill anything till they get a pistol. they might as well not even spawn with a weapon rather than spawning with a plasma repeater because its THAT AWFUL.

I would suggest the idea that Elites are meant to work more as a team with their weapons as compared to the Spartans. This is in a greater effect when comparing Reach to Halo3 in Reach playing as a more team-orientated game.

In Reach, a player can painstakingly learn to be a lone wolf badass. Or a pair of players can more easily learn to be near-invincible Headhunters. The choice is with the player.

In Tier 1:

A pair of Elites who alternate between firing 3 Plasma Pistol shots followed by their partner’s either 6-shots from a Needler or 1 shot from a NR (or recovered Pistol) can shred a team of 2 to 4 Spartans down very easily.

A pair of Elites sporting Needlers apiece can shred 2 Spartans before/as 1 of the Elites dies. In Invasion, the partner now gets to spawn.

Now of course a pair of Pistols or ARs is quite deadly too and Spartans working as a unit get very powerful. However they have low Pistol ammo reserves and it’s the Elite’s fault for killing Spartans close enough to their spawn that they can get full Pistol-reserves if they do, which is quite deadly in Tier 1 Invasion when DMRs and NRs aren’t made available. Heck still when even so. A 48-round Pistol is a Golden Gun in Tier 1.

As for the PRi, it’s true it damn near requires 2 players using 1 each to make it effective against very mobile enemies. However it does drop shields quicker than the AR. That’s a huge advantage in 1vs1 CQB encounters. Where the Plasma Pistol is all but dominate over the PRi, AR or Pistol. Luckily the PP drains very quickly with overcharged shots so it can’t be used to dominate for too long when used as a combo. It also spawn with the Elites, not Spartans. But that’s also just to start and not long after the first minute or so, Spartans and Elites both generally have swapped a weapon or 2 so that both sport a PP-Pistol combo (if no DMRs or NRs are to be had).

> > > > These playlists are likely the most neglected that I have ever seen. Yes in Infection they had a few camp zones eliminated, but that isn’t the problem. They both need more map variants, a simple answer. Invasion practically has only two maps, Boneyard and Spire. And the Infection maps are just horrible altogether, not that the maps are horrible, but the maps simply aren’t designed for infection, they’re designed for slayer and objective and that’s the way they should stay. The thing in Halo 3 Infection that had everyone coming back looking forward to the amount of fun that Infection provided was a variety of tailor-made infection maps designed specifically for that purpose, and also a variety of game modes with which to play in. That’s my argument I hope you enjoyed it.
> > >
> > > i dont really play invasion that much, but when i did the humans spawned with pistols. is that still happening in invasion? iuno how they could possibly overlook this MASSIVE imbalance (or maybe its intended to give the humans a chance to push to the next phase or whatever).
> >
> > Well, considering that elites have camo, and evade, and humans only have sprint, and elites have a bit more health than humans, I’d say it’s still pretty even.
>
> but the elites have terrible weapons, so they cant reasonably kill anything till they get a pistol. they might as well not even spawn with a weapon rather than spawning with a plasma repeater because its THAT AWFUL.

Elites have needlers, which are much more effective than an AR and have a greater range.

I agree! Give Infection some lovin’!

Shameless plug: Its pretty cool for Infection. All dark and scary.

Yea community made Infection Maps are way better than the regular maps. Also a new forge map with a different color/style pallet would be nice, greys and blues get booring.

What are you talking about?

Seems to me that Invasion was the first playlist to get update, maybe it’s time it gets another update, but you can hardly say it was neglected.

And Infection? At the very least the number of players per game was increased just last month, and it looks to me like there’s a lot less people abusing certain spots now. That’s not to say there still some fixing to do, BUT…

I don’t think it’s fair to say that these playlists have been ignored.