343 Honesty and Transparency

Take a look at the topics in this forum. What do they all have in common? 343, why are you doing this, why that. Then after bashing them, someone makes a speculation about why the did. 343 needs to be open and give real answers. We need to know where this game is going, and the reasons why you are doing the things you do. The real answers,not the fluffy PR answers. If you would have to turn the game upside down to fix/add something, tell us. We understand. But when you say nothing and keep upsetting the community with no answers, we start to hate you. As a die hard halo fan since CE I am so close to jumping ship. If you want to keep your fan base and not have us leave For Bungie’s Destiny you have got to be open, honest and communicate! Who feels my pain?

You can play Halo and Destiny.

> Take a look at the topics in this forum. What do they all have in common? 343, why are you doing this, why that. Then after bashing them, someone makes a speculation about why the did. 343 needs to be open and give real answers. We need to know where this game is going, and the reasons why you are doing the things you do. The real answers,not the fluffy PR answers. If you would have to turn the game upside down to fix/add something, tell us. We understand. But when you say nothing and keep upsetting the community with no answers, we start to hate you. As a die hard halo fan since CE I am so close to jumping ship. If you want to keep your fan base and not have us leave For Bungie’s Destiny you have got to be open, honest and communicate! Who feels my pain?

You cannot make people understand when they do not want to understand.

Regarding CSR for example,

343i told us it was not going to be in the game before the game came out.

They communicated.

A certain group bought the game and then railed on 343i for not putting it in.

If it was a deal-breaker for that group, then why purchase the game?

People do not want to understand.

343i communicates. Unfortunately, a lot of us do not like what they are communicating. Therefore, we ask the same questions over and over again, pretending that the question was not answered.

I’m giving 343 another chance, like I’m giving bungie, like I gave SEGA, like I gave nintendo

343 is a profit-driven organization. They say enough to claim they are active in the community and to keep a few people on their side. Really, though, Halo 5 will be developed their way no matter what anyone says.

I don’t blame them for it but a part of me hates them, too.

> You can play Halo and Destiny.

Yep,

Mine is paid for :slight_smile:

AND I am enjoying the heck out of Halo 4.

Great insight, you can play any amount of games. Way to contribute to this thread.

I am talking about the why behind decisions. If you say no CSR at launch, why? Time management? What? Detailed, honest explanations.

> Great insight, you can play any amount of games. Way to contribute to this thread.

Agreed :slight_smile:

Too many individuals are dealing with absolutes here.

The amount of “Cya Halo, Hello Destiny” comments is staggering. People act as if Halo 4 needs to give 5 years of entertainment in order to be considered a success.

If you are a gamer, and if you have the money then Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Unjustice, GTAV, Destiny should all be on your radar.

> I am talking about the why behind decisions. If you say no CSR at launch, why? Time management? What? Detailed, honest explanations.

They told us.

But we did not want to understand.

Frank O’Connor said that CSR bought a general meanness and elitism to the community. They also said that because it was not designed in the UI it would not be feasible in Halo 4.

They communicated.

But then some of us, did not accept this information. And in roundabout fashion called them liars because it was not the answer that we want to hear.

So…

The threads emerge once more, with individuals who wanting to understand, asking for communication and dialogue from 343i.

Those individuals do not want dialogue. They want compliance.

They want 343i to do what THEY want.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I was clearly being sarcastic.
He was replying to my first comment, and I made a sarcastic reply to him. You are an idiot. Wow, this is why they can get away with simple answers. Not everybody is a a teenage boy shelling out there allowance on 5 different games. I like to play one good solid competitive game and hone my skills. Please stay on topic. This is about 343 being open, not playing games.

Created meanness and elitism? What is this communism? Play custom if you can’t handle competition.

I never saw that information. Sorry I don’t have hours to spend trolling the Web. That info should have been posted front page as a bulletin being that csr launched Monday. There was not even an in game pop up to explain csr. Again, open and honest communication.

> I was clearly being sarcastic.
> He was replying to my first comment, and I made a sarcastic reply to him. You are an idiot. Wow, this is why they can get away with simple answers. Not everybody is a a teenage boy shelling out there allowance on 5 different games. I like to play one good solid competitive game and hone my skills. Please stay on topic. This is about 343 being open, not playing games.

They are very open with us. If they are ready to give an answer, they give it. Every Wednesday we get a bulletin, that explains what’s coming up in the next few weeks. I’m looking forward to this week since 343i has had nothing planned past this point that they’ve told the public.

Now as someone who has followed multiple games and developers, I understand the limited answers and communication. There are tons of reasons behind this, allow me to list a few:

1). Non-disclosure agreements
2). Ideas not fully fleshed out/approved yet/in development yet
3). One dev said one thing 3 months ago and plans need to be changed making that dev look like a liar and the company look bad.

Pick anyone you want. The best thing they can say is, “Hey we’re looking into this, hold tight.” That way they can give us an answer, and can still communicate that they address it as an issue.

As for not giving a clear cut reason to an issue I would assume the NDA is the biggest issue. Which is one of the reasons why I was confused that they allowed the community to watch the GDC talks, since that’s really not a platform for the community/players to watch.

> Created meanness and elitism? What is this communism? Play custom if you can’t handle competition.
>
> I never saw that information. Sorry I don’t have hours to spend trolling the Web. That info should have been posted front page as a bulletin being that csr launched Monday. There was not even an in game pop up to explain csr. Again, open and honest communication.

You are not after communication. You are after compliance. Your first sentence underlines what I referred to. 343i gave you the information, and YOU don’t like the information. As a result you try to invalidate the rationale given to you.

You are right. It is not communism. Because in certain political systems, the state apparatus answers to the people.

Thank goodness that this is the free market economy where 343i owns their IPs and have a CHOICE to whether to not to grovel to you, or to put out a bulletin on Waypoint.

Your laziness or ignorance is not a defense. Information was given, you just did not want to look for it.

Compared to Bungie info and details are lacking. I find it very hard to get info on the game. What is this Wednesday update you speak of and where can I find it? I am not trying bash 343 or hurt anyones feelings. I love halo and want it to be a better experience. So hard for me to find info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> He was replying to my first comment, and I made a sarcastic reply to him. You are an idiot. Wow, this is why they can get away with simple answers. Not everybody is a a teenage boy shelling out there allowance on 5 different games. I like to play one good solid competitive game and hone my skills. Please stay on topic. This is about 343 being open, not playing games.

Agreed. I’m very busy. For years now I’ve decided that I’ll only devote what little time I have to a handful of games. I chose Halo as my FPS (namely because I’ve been playing it since CE) because it has(had) the best story and also it was the most unique. Now that I don’t care too much for the writing and the gameplay is becoming more generic I think I’ll switch to destiny–unless 343 learns from the H4 debacle and makes H5 a “true” halo game. This is the last chance they’ll get from me. I don’t say that to sound threatening; I don’t pretend to have an impact on what 343 does.

Right now Destiny is sounding like it’s mostly going to be a co-op firefight type mmo which means that I won’t be getting my competitive arena style shooter. That’s unfortunate, but if the game is good I can deal.

BTW: This is all my personal garbage. I do not expect 343 to alter anything to fit a player with the above problems. Just conversing with you fine people. Sorry if it got a little off topic.

Why are you being sarcastic? Especially when you can be clear and concise and communicative like what you sort of expect 343i to be? :slight_smile:

They really don’t know what they’re doing with this game.

They are afraid to admit mistakes, like the 1st map pack realease. They called it a “trial” when it was just a plain mistake.

I wish they would just come out and say, “we messed up big time” and fix all of the mistakes with this game. Actually return halo to it’s roots.

> > I was clearly being sarcastic.
> > He was replying to my first comment, and I made a sarcastic reply to him. You are an idiot. Wow, this is why they can get away with simple answers. Not everybody is a a teenage boy shelling out there allowance on 5 different games. I like to play one good solid competitive game and hone my skills. Please stay on topic. This is about 343 being open, not playing games.
>
> Agreed. I’m very busy. For years now I’ve decided that I’ll only devote what little time I have to a handful of games. I chose Halo as my FPS (namely because I’ve been playing it since CE) because it has(had) the best story and also it was the most unique. Now that I don’t care too much for the writing and the gameplay is becoming more generic I think I’ll switch to destiny–unless 343 learns from the H4 debacle and makes H5 a “true” halo game. This is the last chance they’ll get from me. I don’t say that to sound threatening; I don’t pretend to have an impact on what 343 does.
>
> Right now Destiny is sounding like it’s mostly going to be a co-op firefight type mmo which means that I won’t be getting my competitive arena style shooter. That’s unfortunate, but if the game is good I can deal.
>
> BTW: This is all my personal garbage. I do not expect 343 to alter anything to fit a player with the above problems. Just conversing with you fine people. Sorry if it got a little off topic.

It is all good man :slight_smile:

I am 37 years old and only play a select few game at the moment.

If GTAV was out, like it should, I would be enjoying that, and a some Halo MP.

Best regards,

Best regards, ha! Ryo you sound like some uppity school girl defending her lame boyfriend. Look at the votes, its clear. Call me what you want, lazy, angry, wrong, whatever. Fact is info is not easy to find or clear. Bungie used to communicate with us, no complaints then. Plenty of vid docs to explain in detail.