343 helping bring the population back?

As im sure we’ve all been waiting for microsft to release halo 3 to be free for xbox live gold membeers. That means the population will rise again, right?
Hopefully 343i will help when this happens, adding double exp weekend again would thrive more players to come back to halo 3.
Now I know your thinking “why the heck would 343i help repopulate halo 3 if they have halo 4?” HALO 4 IS DEAD YOU CANT FIX IT. SO if the xbox community starts to show interest in halo 3 when they release the new halo they will show more interest in it. As of now if you play halo 4 I wouldnt be looking forward to the next halo.

I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists

I believe Social Slayer and Team Slayer are the only two playlist that don’t require DLC. The rest require all of it, which is around $20.

> I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists

Thank goodness I got ODST. It’s unfortunate, though, that it will NOT be free. Multiplayer is pretty much ruined for most people, because of that.

> I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists

Well , maybe they will cut the map pack’s prices by half(or even free for some of them) to encourage players to go back to Halo 3 ?

343 are not going to do anything. In marketing it is called “planned obsolescence” and I think Bungie did precisely the same thing. Once a new game is out it is better for a game company to try to move customers to the new product.

you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.

Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.

> > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
>
> <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
>
> Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.

Actually, he doesn’t hate the game. It’s just not his favorite Halo game, that’s all. What he doesn’t like is people hating on Halo 4 and worshiping Halo 3 as the be all end all of Halo games. I, frankly, agree with him. I like Halo 4 more than Halo 3, because it has plenty of fun Multiplayer playlists, and the Campaign is AMAZING, compared to plot-holed Halo 3. I will admit, Halo 3 Multiplayer is fun, but the main reason I’ve been going back to it is for achievements. I only need 4 more, but I can’t get one of them, as I do not have a hard drive.

Anyway, I would avoid statements such as that, as they are considered flaming by the moderators, and that stuff will get your post censored and you banned. :wink:

> > > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
> >
> > <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
> >
> > Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.
>
> Actually, he doesn’t hate the game. It’s just not his favorite Halo game, that’s all. What he doesn’t like is people hating on Halo 4 and worshiping Halo 3 as the be all end all of Halo games. I, frankly, agree with him. I like Halo 4 more than Halo 3, because it has plenty of fun Multiplayer playlists, and the Campaign is AMAZING, compared to plot-holed Halo 3. I will admit, Halo 3 Multiplayer is fun, but the main reason I’ve been going back to it is for achievements. I only need 4 more, but I can’t get one of them, as I do not have a hard drive.
>
> Anyway, I would avoid statements such as that, as they are considered flaming by the moderators, and that stuff will get your post censored and you banned. :wink:

He’s actually stated several times he does hate 2 and 3.

And I find that 3’s replay ability far exceeds H4’s campaign.

> What he doesn’t like is people hating on Halo 4 and worshiping Halo 3 as the be all end all of Halo games. I, frankly, agree with him.

This is all personal preference of course. Halo 3 in the way it’s built is just simply better on many aspects though.

All I am saying is the gameplay in Halo 3 speaks for itself and what a player must do to truly be good at the game.

Also I don’t know where you got the idea my post is flaming. That is nonsense when I see posts by certain people literally saying they think Halo 1-3 are bad games (which they aren’t).

> > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
>
> <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
>
> Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.

Go tell people on the Halo 4 forum that, if it wasn’t so constant there, I wouldn’t wouldn’t constantly hate on Halo 3? It’s annoying? Well that happens on the Halo 4 forum

It is all opinion, however if that opinion was turned into constructive criticism I would have no problem with it, however a lot of the stuff on the Halo 4 section is flaming, I’m only translating my thoughts into it about Halo 3

I do not hate the game, it is probably my least favourite of the bunch

I could care less about what happens with the DLC as I’m a Campaign player, but I’ve encountered DLC outside of the playlists on Halo 4, so saying you’ve encountered DLC outside of the required playlists on Halo 3 carries no meaning for me

> > > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
> >
> > <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
> >
> > Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.
>
> Go tell people on the Halo 4 forum that, if it wasn’t so constant there, I wouldn’t wouldn’t constantly hate on Halo 3? It’s annoying? Well that happens on the Halo 4 forum
>
> It is all opinion, however if that opinion was turned into constructive criticism I would have no problem with it, however a lot of the stuff on the Halo 4 section is flaming, I’m only translating my thoughts into it about Halo 3
>
> I do not hate the game, it is probably my least favourite of the bunch
>
> I could care less about what happens with the DLC as I’m a Campaign player, but I’ve encountered DLC outside of the playlists on Halo 4, so saying you’ve encountered DLC outside of the required playlists on Halo 3 carries no meaning for me

You’re angry because H4 is getting flak so you post on 3’s forums to stick it to the haters?

The reasoning in itself isn’t constructive. H4 gets a lot of complaints because there are a lot of upset people and most have a good reason.

Posting on a 6 year old games forum out of spite is pretty rediculous and IMO sad.

Either take that to PM’s or hide each other’s posts or something. This is neither the time nor the place for it.

> > > > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
> > >
> > > <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
> > >
> > > Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.
> >
> > Go tell people on the Halo 4 forum that, if it wasn’t so constant there, I wouldn’t wouldn’t constantly hate on Halo 3? It’s annoying? Well that happens on the Halo 4 forum
> >
> > It is all opinion, however if that opinion was turned into constructive criticism I would have no problem with it, however a lot of the stuff on the Halo 4 section is flaming, I’m only translating my thoughts into it about Halo 3
> >
> > I do not hate the game, it is probably my least favourite of the bunch
> >
> > I could care less about what happens with the DLC as I’m a Campaign player, but I’ve encountered DLC outside of the playlists on Halo 4, so saying you’ve encountered DLC outside of the required playlists on Halo 3 carries no meaning for me
>
> You’re angry because H4 is getting flak so you post on 3’s forums to stick it to the haters?
>
> The reasoning in itself isn’t constructive. H4 gets a lot of complaints because there are a lot of upset people and most have a good reason.
>
> Posting on a 6 year old games forum out of spite is pretty rediculous and IMO sad.

The Halo 3 forum is for exactly that. Halo 3. There is absolutely no rule or limit to what is discussed about Halo 3, in matter of your opinions. If everyone just posted positive things this whole forum would be a lot better.

But they don’t. The Halo 3 forum is for hate just as much as love. Age or whatever doesn’t matter. A thread/someone asks for opinions, they get it.

On topic, the DLC Requirements won’t bring in a lot of people. But there may be some good times for those who have it. For some people, it may be good to play the campaign again. For whatever reasons, they could have lost/broken their Halo 3 in the past.

> > > > > I don’t see Halo 3 lasting that long when people find out you have to buy DLC for half the playlists
> > > >
> > > > <mark>you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Halo 3 is great btw and the DLC is well worth it. Unlike Reach and Halo 4 I’ve seen the dlc appear numerous times in H3 even in non dlc playlists like social and Team slayer. Then the DLC playlists like BTB still have a great.
> > >
> > > Go tell people on the Halo 4 forum that, if it wasn’t so constant there, I wouldn’t wouldn’t constantly hate on Halo 3? It’s annoying? Well that happens on the Halo 4 forum
> > >
> > > It is all opinion, however if that opinion was turned into constructive criticism I would have no problem with it, however a lot of the stuff on the Halo 4 section is flaming, I’m only translating my thoughts into it about Halo 3
> > >
> > > I do not hate the game, it is probably my least favourite of the bunch
> > >
> > > I could care less about what happens with the DLC as I’m a Campaign player, but I’ve encountered DLC outside of the playlists on Halo 4, so saying you’ve encountered DLC outside of the required playlists on Halo 3 carries no meaning for me
> >
> > You’re angry because H4 is getting flak so you post on 3’s forums to stick it to the haters?
> >
> > The reasoning in itself isn’t constructive. H4 gets a lot of complaints because there are a lot of upset people and most have a good reason.
> >
> > Posting on a 6 year old games forum out of spite is pretty rediculous and IMO sad.
>
> The Halo 3 forum is for exactly that. Halo 3. There is absolutely no rule or limit to what is discussed about Halo 3, in matter of your opinions. If everyone just posted positive things this whole forum would be a lot better.
>
> But they don’t. The Halo 3 forum is for hate just as much as love. Age or whatever doesn’t matter. A thread/someone asks for opinions, they get it.
>
>
>
> On topic, the DLC Requirements won’t bring in a lot of people. But there may be some good times for those who have it. For some people, it may be good to play the campaign again. For whatever reasons, they could have lost/broken their Halo 3 in the past.

Constantly hating on the game just because H4 is getting hate isn’t constructive.

As for DLC I do believe its about time for those to become free.

>
> Well , maybe they will cut the map pack’s prices by half(or even free for some of them) to encourage players to go back to Halo 3 ?

The DLC for Assassins Creed II was on offer when it was free, I expect Halo 3 to get a similar treatment.

The Heroic map pack and Cold Storage map are already free ayway, so everyone has the option to buy those. I think the Heroic map pack had some of Halo 3’s best maps, Stand Off and Rats Nest. Not to mention Foundry, the first completely blank map that basically started off the whole Forging community.

> you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.
>

How the hell would I know what the DLC’s like?

I’m sitting over here with the ODST multiplayer disc and there’s nobody
playing these maps.

> > you are always the negative nancy putting Halo 3 down. We get it you hate the game.
> >
>
> How the hell would I know what the DLC’s like?
>
> I’m sitting over here with the ODST multiplayer disc and there’s nobody
> playing these maps.

Are you playing ODST or the Halo 3 mythic disc?

ODST has no matchmaking system and it never did. You need to find friends to play that game’s multiplayer. As for Halo 3, You can easily get the DLC maps to show up. Hop into BTB and you’ll get maps like Sandbox showing up all the time. If you go into ranked team slayer the DLC maps show up very often as well.

Halo 4 is great, but I do really like Halo 3’s campaign.