343 have failed me

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I have been playing Halo ever since Halo combat evolved, every single game leading upto Halo 4 I enjoyed, the campaign and multiplayer were so much fun it, over the years I’ve collected tones of halo related things, from figures to clothing. All of this means nothing to me after Halo 4, it was the worst Hall by a LONG shot. Really touching campaign although it was underwhelming and much shorter than expected, spartan ops wasn’t too bad, was okay to play if bored with friends. And multiplayer, was just dreadful. What where 343 thinking with the multiplayer!? The majority of the Halo community that was here during Halo 3 and Reach and before have all left the franchise now, but I gave 343 another chance. All I get in multiplayer is kids saying “you’re hacking!” Even though I’m just playing better than them, everyone now seems to just threaten each other on the game now, when in Halo 3 and Reach, everyone was so friendly and supportive. It’s really sad to see this franchise die like this… Halo Xbox One (Halo 5) I can see being no better than Halo 4, they have only 2 years to hammer out Halo 5 and with that being less time than Halo 4’s development it’s not going to be great. Sorry 343 but you have lost another dedicated fan…

• Pero Magic

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I keep on encountering people with super high jumps and no clip. Now I just joined this match where two people just runs up to my face and sit there and another running around with instakill but when I killed him he just froze then flew diagonally across the map

-Yoinking!- garbage of a game

>

So? Only a small fraction of a minority of games retain most of their population because of mob appeal. Halo was one of those games that was once able to retain a bulk of its population (though still probably not a majority of players) and now we’re having to face deprecation for the very first time…not counting of course the population trends of Halo Wars, because the mob has moved into other titles. There are some definite issues associated with that, playlist population problems and some serious accounting over at 343 but for the common person this shouldn’t be an issue unless their interest in 343 was ultimately just a product of group psychology.

People like Halo, it went, so therefore it must be and surely is good, contributing to a colossal wave of self-reinforcing fandom which, as we are seeing now, must eventually crash on the shore of reality. So long as the game has qualities of more objective value (such as a good campaign and a decent start at in-depth co-op mdoes) all should be well (Halo will just be a normal game), but so long as 343 can recognize when people are dissatisfied simply because of a change in group status so they don’t spend their resources chasing after those who, without their “supportive” mob, will NEVER be satisfied with Halo.

IE. you guys.

Halo actually used to be good…A solid history of the franchise NOT fixing the inherent problems with Matchmaking and other aspects of stupidity have chased the general population away.
Its a weekend day right now and a solid 16k people are playing matchmaking…WOW!
Halo 5 needs to be re-invented, this franchise has cancer that will surely kill it.

I’ma slightly confused. The problems you stated about the multiplayer are not about the usual bs mechanics such as Ordnance and loadouts (which are limited to certain gametpes in certain playlists), but the fact you run into whiny kids? C’mon dude its the 2013 not 2004 anymore.

343 have stated numerous times they know where they went wrong and we should expect a vast improvement on Halo 4 in Halo 5. Believe them or not, your choice, however look what they have done to Halo 4 in the last few months. 343 want nothing more than to please the community so I think it would be unfair to judge a game already when we have next to no details about it other than the fact it will be much better than Halo 4 (or so they say).

Sorry to say OP but I dont think 343s goal is to cather to you. OT. I love halo 4, and all the halo`s, and Il continue to collect halo related stuff in the many years to come

As long as its still high enough for me to find a game, I could care less about “the population” oh nooo…

> As long as its still high enough for me to find a game, I could care less about “the population” oh nooo…

Agreed. As long as I can find a match, I’m good.

I can care less about the population, Plus your issue of people trash talking or other stuff is not 343 fault, 343 cant control how people play or act.

Really, you think halo 4 had the worst campaign and multiplayer?

Reach was slow and armour lock was infuriating and swordblock and bloom.

Halo 2’s campaign was a mess. The vehicles took ages to kill anything, the narrative lacked closure.

Both games have good points though. (eg. Halo 2’s great multiplayer, and the Arbiter!)

Still waiting for a bug fix to see if anythings changed in 2 months…

> <mark>I have been playing Halo ever since Halo combat evolved</mark>, every single game leading upto Halo 4 I enjoyed, the campaign and multiplayer were so much fun it, over the years I’ve collected tones of halo related things, from figures to clothing. All of this means nothing to me after Halo 4, it was the worst Hall by a LONG shot. Really touching campaign although it was underwhelming and much shorter than expected, spartan ops wasn’t too bad, was okay to play if bored with friends. And multiplayer, was just dreadful. What where 343 thinking with the multiplayer!? The majority of the Halo community that was here during Halo 3 and Reach and before have all left the franchise now, but I gave 343 another chance. All I get in multiplayer is kids saying “you’re hacking!” Even though I’m just playing better than them, everyone now seems to just threaten each other on the game now, <mark>when in Halo 3 and Reach, everyone was so friendly and supportive</mark>. It’s really sad to see this franchise die like this… Halo Xbox One (Halo 5) I can see being no better than Halo 4, they have only 2 years to hammer out <mark>Halo 5</mark> and with that being less time than Halo 4’s development <mark>it’s not going to be great</mark>. <mark>Sorry 343 but you have lost another dedicated fan…</mark>
>
> - Pero Magic

How come so many threads get started this exact statement? And as far as friendly and supportive, I doubt it. Xbox live has been filled with trash talk since it’s debut, Halo 4 did not introduce it.

What will Halo 5 turn out to be, well I don’t know because I haven’t seen, heard or played anything on it.

You’re post is riddled with opinions and assumptions, but here’s a fact for you. Your departure will not be the end of Halo. Good bye.

> I keep on encountering people with super high jumps and no clip. Now I just joined this match where two people just runs up to my face and sit there and another running around with instakill but when I killed him he just froze then flew diagonally across the map
>
> -Yoinking!- garbage of a game

What in the world are you talking about?

Ragequitting Halo 4 because you think there are too many trash talkers is a really weak reason. It’s Xbox Live. That’s how it’s ALWAYS been. On EVERY game! How is that 343’s fault?!

They failed me once they announced GotY edition. Never will I buy a LE from 343 ever again. I might even pass on Halo xbox one. I just go on the forums abit and rarely play Halo 4.

I lol’d at “in Halo 3 and Reach, everyone was so friendly and supportive”. I loved Halo 3 but the community was absolutely awful. At least in Halo 4 no one has a mic so I don’t have to listen to the guy going -10 screaming how terrible everyone else is.

> > As long as its still high enough for me to find a game, I could care less about “the population” oh nooo…
>
> Agreed. As long as I can find a match, I’m good.

I think he was beign sarcastic.

Also I find it funny when I read this types of comments, “I could care less about the population” type of messages, its just as bad as when others just yell around “Don’t like it don’t play it” wich is the reason most of us stopped playing it.

Nowadays you can find threads asking people to REPOPULATE Halo 4 wich is less than a year old, I have seen people complaining about search times because the population on the playlists isnt big enoug.

But its not only about being able to find a match, there are other issues that a low “population” wich people “dont care for” brings to the game and they have all been complained about on several threads like for example:

1.- Laggy matches because of less players on the same region so normally you end up with terrible hosts (Plus H4’s host selection aint too good)

2.- Uneven matches because the pool of players is small so there are not enough players on a same skill level so the game has to select whatever is available in order to match you up as fast as possible.

3.- More JIP games as there arent enough players ont he lists to start fresh games, so you end up shoved into an ongoing game.

Among others, so as you can see population is not only about finding matches, it also has a big impact in other aspects of the game, but hey what do I know after all population doesn’t really matter on a multiplayer game now does it?

I’m not going to lie OP, those are some pretty damn weak reasons for quitting a game. I could understand if you had complained about lag or JIP issues or something like that, but because people trash talk? Welcome to the Internet man, hell, welcome to Xbox Live. It’s been like this for years and I doubt it’s going to change anytime soon.

Also, this statement means nothing to anyone. It does not make your opinion anymore valid.

> I have been playing Halo ever since Halo combat evolved.

> I’m not going to lie OP, those are some pretty damn weak reasons for quitting a game. I could understand if you had complained about lag or JIP issues or something like that, but because people trash talk? Welcome to the Internet man, hell, welcome to Xbox Live. It’s been like this for years and I doubt it’s going to change anytime soon.
>
> Also, this statement means nothing to anyone. It does not make your opinion anymore valid.
>
>
>
> > I have been playing Halo ever since Halo combat evolved.

Exactly. It’s just a crap reason which makes no sense.

> How come so many threads get started this exact statement? And as far as friendly and supportive, I doubt it. Xbox live has been filled with trash talk since it’s debut, Halo 4 did not introduce it.
>
> What will Halo 5 turn out to be, well I don’t know because I haven’t seen, heard or played anything on it.
>
> You’re post is riddled with opinions and assumptions, but here’s a fact for you. Your departure will not be the end of Halo. Good bye.

Could not have said it better myself. If you leaving means that there will be one less complainer? Fine with me.

I’ll keep playing it as long as they make it, you know why?

Because I simply enjoy the story and the gameplay.

Side Note: You can’t hear the community if you’re in party chat 24/7.