343 has interest in halo wars alot

I mean, Halo Waypoint has halo wars music, and some stuff involving halo wars, even the lego squad machinima thing had halo wars vehicles, this site has a halo wars back ground, and there employment site has a halo wars wallpaper, gosh dont they love halo wars

Trollololololololol.

This is true. I’m not sure why they focus on such a canonically destructive part of Halo.

It isn’t canonically destructive. If you’re talking about the Flood, they were present on most, if not all forerunner facilities. The rings just wiped out sentient life, they didn’t affect flood spores. The flood become dangerous by absorbing creatures with minds, otherwise they don’t have a gravemind, and are just a virulent disease without structure or leadership. The Spirit of Fire was considered lost with all hands, so the UNSC would be completely unaware of anything they did. They use the Halo Wars stuff because it is a broad representative of the Halo universe; it shows UNSC soldiers fighting, otherwise it would look like a Master Chief celebrity fan site. Let’s remember Halo can easily be #1 for all console RTS games, it’s since lost that honor for FPS to CoD. I’m not sure it can do anything to reclaim the latter title, but it has huge potential with the former.

I do not understand the Wars hate at all. It didn’t ruin canon in any way, it had a good story, the gameplay was great, and the online was fun. Definitely worth my two DLC purchases, as well.

I do hope that 343 eventually makes another Halo RTS, althoguh I would want it a different point in the war than Wars, with different characters. I don’t see how they owuld be able to make a direct sequel to Wars, unless it is years after the war, but that’s what it seems that they are saving Master Chief for.

> I do not understand the Wars hate at all. It didn’t ruin canon in any way, it had a good story, the gameplay was great, and the online was fun. Definitely worth my two DLC purchases, as well.
>
> I do hope that 343 eventually makes another Halo RTS, althoguh I would want it a different point in the war than Wars, with different characters. I don’t see how they owuld be able to make a direct sequel to Wars, unless it is years after the war, but that’s what it seems that they are saving Master Chief for.

A lot of people hate it just because it’s an RTS and they think Halo should only be an FPS. Honestly, when Halo first came out it was the FPS (Half Life and the PC not withstanding). Now, however, it no longer holds that great place, probably because of the lack of innovation and the growing popularity of the CoD franchise. It’s still good, but it’s not the measure of all FPS games.

It could be that with RTS games however. No one had created a great console RTS adaptation to date until Halo Wars. I think if they focused their energy there, they would once again become the groundbreaking leaders of another genre. It may not be as popular as FPS, but it has a lot of potential. If they refined gameplay a little more to feel better for console players, and put more effort into marketing, I think they would have an unexpected smash hit. I don’t think it’s possible for them to reclaim dominance in the FPS genre: gamers have too many options now.

Completely agree. Halo did what it needed to with FPSs and made them a reality on consoles. It can do the same for the RTS. Whichever genre 343 decides to take Halo in, as long as the story is great and the game is fun, I really don’t mind.

no i loved halo wars as an rts, i hated the corny acting though.

Halo Wars got me into the series by getting me hooked on the fiction. If the next halo game is an RTS, I say bring it.

343i/Waypoint has shown no care for HWars at all, and any interest has been negative. ES/ROBOT are the ones who released 4 good, necessary patches for the game and supported it for a year until Waypoint took the ball, and then promptly put it down and forgot about it.

> It isn’t canonically destructive. If you’re talking about the Flood, they were present on most, if not all forerunner facilities. The rings just wiped out sentient life, they didn’t affect flood spores. The flood become dangerous by absorbing creatures with minds, otherwise they don’t have a gravemind, and are just a virulent disease without structure or leadership. The Spirit of Fire was considered lost with all hands, so the UNSC would be completely unaware of anything they did. They use the Halo Wars stuff because it is a broad representative of the Halo universe; it shows UNSC soldiers fighting, otherwise it would look like a Master Chief celebrity fan site. Let’s remember Halo can easily be #1 for all console RTS games, it’s since lost that honor for FPS to CoD. I’m not sure it can do anything to reclaim the latter title, but it has huge potential with the former.

true.

> This is true. I’m not sure why they focus on such a canonically destructive part of Halo.

Go read Halo Evolutions and come back and say that.

> no i loved halo wars as an rts, i hated the corny acting though.

Really? I don’t think the acting was any different from any of the other Halo games. If you’re talking about the covenant, they’re always over-the-top.

I’m also pretty sure the Arbiter from Halo wars would stomp on the Arbiter from Halo 2 and 3. He’s about two feet taller than most elites and his forearms are the size of most elites’ legs. I’m pretty sure he was shamed and made to take the mantle of Arbiter because he was a steroid abusing athlete, which also explains why he can jump hundreds of feet in the air. Though to be fair I’m sure covenant basketball is REALLY hardcore. :wink: