343 has DENYED the Saber Interactive-made Halo: CE remake rumors!

I found a new article today that puts the rumors of Saber Interactive making the rumored Halo: CE remake rumor to rest!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/291155/news/343-plays-down-saber-made-halo-hd-rumours/

Now, and correct me if I’m wrong, but dosen’t this mean that Joysicq lied to us? It feels like that to me.

Never believe industry chatter until you hear it directly from the source.

Denied*

This article states that it’s “throwing water” on the rumor. There is no quote actually denying the rumor, so it’s all still open for speculation.

I think it means that the 343 is making the remake themselves, not Saber. and that’s way better. Saber is not a very good studio, especially for remaking one of the best games ever.

> I think it means that the 343 is making the remake themselves, not Saber. and that’s way better. Saber is not a very good studio, especially for remaking one of the best games ever.

I have to agree. I wouldn’t want some random studio doing my game.

Halo CE needs to happen

> I found a new article today that puts the rumors of Saber Interactive making the rumored Halo: CE remake rumor to rest!
>
> GamesRadar+
>
> Now, and correct me if I’m wrong, but dosen’t this mean that Joysicq lied to us? It feels like that to me.

I’ve been saying for a while that Joystiq was either lying or being lied to (no here, obviously, but elsewhere). I’m glad to hear that a Halo CE remake is unlikely. Halo CE was great for many reasons, a lot of them having to do with when the game was published. A remake would be a bad idea, and probably let a lot of people down.

Joystiq have cried wolf before, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had done so again. Like I have said before, I will believe a CE remake, when I see one. And as others have said, it would be better if 343i were responsible for the remake and not some fairly unknown company.