343, Halo 5 is in an unacceptable state. For real.

I stopped playing Halo 5 for awhile.
I come back to my friends telling me that there’s a bug where you gotta start a custom game before going into matchmaking with friends or else you’ll get booted out.

Seriously??!!

On top of that, have you looked at your current weapon balance?
The light rifle beats almost everything at every range.
The pistol is the main competitive weapon but there’s almost no reason to use a BR with DMRs and Carbines as superior more consistent options.
Even the BR from Halo 5 beta felt better to kill with.
If you focus on balancing too much, the game loses a lot of fun value.
I’m not saying that the BR has to be OP but the current nerf is WAY too much.
The rate of fire is too slow… increase the rate of fire, lower the aim assist, lower red reticle range.

Add a simplified detailed list of custom maps instead of thumbnails.
Thumbnails take TOO long to go through especially when you collect tons of maps.
If Halo Infinite has any of these problems, I’m afraid you’ll lose me as a loyal fan.

I’m ending this post with a link to Naded playing Halo 5 beta, tell me you wouldn’t want something more similar to what it was?
Tell me that you ACTUALLY use the BR at any range over a DMR, LR, or Pistol… you don’t because it isn’t accurate or satisfying enough to kill with like it used to be.

sorry messed up edit

I’m a warzone player and the only time I really use BRs is the Longshot req 3 BR. Otherwise Magnum till req 5 for Dmr and halo 2 br. And now I think about it when I do some arena I never really use the br either on there.

> 2533274996135826;1:
> I stopped playing Halo 5 for awhile.
> I come back to my friends telling me that there’s a bug where you gotta start a custom game before going into matchmaking with friends or else you’ll get booted out.
>
> Seriously??!!
>
> On top of that, have you looked at your current weapon balance?
> The light rifle beats almost everything at every range.
> The pistol is the main competitive weapon but there’s almost no reason to use a BR with DMRs and Carbines as superior more consistent options.
> Even the BR from Halo 5 beta felt better to kill with.
> If you focus on balancing too much, the game loses a lot of fun value.
> I’m not saying that the BR has to be OP but the current nerf is WAY too much.
> The rate of fire is too slow… increase the rate of fire, lower the aim assist, lower red reticle range.
>
> Add a simplified detailed list of custom maps instead of thumbnails.
> Thumbnails take TOO long to go through especially when you collect tons of maps.
> If Halo Infinite has any of these problems, I’m afraid you’ll lose me as a loyal fan.
>
> I’m ending this post with a link to Naded playing Halo 5 beta, tell me you wouldn’t want something more similar to what it was?
> Tell me that you ACTUALLY use the BR at any range over a DMR, LR, or Pistol… you don’t because it isn’t accurate or satisfying enough to kill with like it used to be.
> Twitch

Yes, about the first thing you said. When we launch the game for the first time, we need to start a custom game first, or else we’ll be disconnected/booted. Happens to me everytime. At first, I thought there was some problem with my connection. But it really isn’t. My NAT type is OPEN and all other games work fine, including MCC.

They really messed up the BR. The Pistol rules. Then to add insult to injury they moved the H2 BR, which is the only decent BR now to level 5 like it’s a power weapon or something.

> 2533274843446007;5:
> They really messed up the BR. The Pistol rules. Then to add insult to injury they moved the H2 BR, which is the only decent BR now to level 5 like it’s a power weapon or something.

Yeah, I love the thinking behind that. “Oh, you want a decent weapon that works? Well, that is what we call a ‘high-level REQ’ because you’re supposed to use weapons that are intentionally useless now.”

I’m glad I’m not the only one that sees these issues.
343 is focusing on the other Halo games… don’t forget about Halo 5.
Just adding playlists isn’t enough >.>

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It can’t be THAT difficult to fix these simple issues.

> 2533274996135826;8:
> It can’t be THAT difficult to fix these simple issues.

Those may not be simple fixes. It could be a difficult bug to fix, the weapon tuning requires a lot of testing and changing thumbnails may require a UI change. Those things aren’t plausible at the moment since everyone is working on Infinite.

> 2727626560040591;9:
> > 2533274996135826;8:
> > It can’t be THAT difficult to fix these simple issues.
>
> Those may not be simple fixes. It could be a difficult bug to fix, the weapon tuning requires a lot of testing and changing thumbnails may require a UI change. Those things aren’t plausible at the moment since everyone is working on Infinite.

Every moment I attempt to use the current Battle Rifle the more I lose faith that the next one will feel better.
It can’t be that difficult to implement a simple map list when map names are already apart of the system.
It’s also something that should of been added a long time ago.