343 got all the little things wrong...

First, the gameplay is awesome. It feels like halo always did. The campaign is really cool. All the big things are right.

However, I can’t help but be annoyed when playing the game because of all the little things.

• No X appears on dead allies. Me and a friend were so used to shouting ‘On my X’ to each other we’ve done it while playing halo 4 then not had a clue where the other was. This will reduce the level of teamwork and overall skill of halo. It NEEDS to be back in.

• Starting a game one player different is NEVER ok. I love that players can join if someone left, but assuming someone will join is horrible. I just lost a VERY equal CTF game because it started 5 v 4 and they got 1 flag THEN our player joined. It finished 1 - 0.

• Loadouts/Perks/Ordnance/Killcams are cool, but they’re not the halo I know. Have them by all means, but I’d love playlists without them. It feels like 343 just copied from CoD because of lack of ideas.

• I should never spawn with direct line of sight of my opponents. The killer has the disadvantage of being low health and probably losing the fight, OR the killer can get a double kill on one person, which is a joke. EDIT It is of course the respawn times that are wrong. As in their should be one. No to instant respawn.

TL:DR Love halo 4 gameplay. Can’t help but be annoyed by the little things

You know I didn’t even notice the teammate down thing until reading this post. They do indeed need to put that back in the game.

> - No X appears on dead allies. Me and a friend were so used to shouting ‘On my X’ to each other we’ve done it while playing halo 4 then not had a clue where the other was. This will reduce the level of teamwork and overall skill of halo. It NEEDS to be back in.
[/quote]
Yes this I agree fully about. Though honestly, if you learn the callouts for map locations, it’s usually better to make that call anyway as it’s much more specific.
>
>
>
> > [/li]1. Starting a game one player different is NEVER ok. I love that players can join if someone left, but assuming someone will join is horrible. I just lost a VERY equal CTF game because it started 5 v 4 and they got 1 flag THEN our player joined. It finished 1 - 0.
[/quote]
From my experience, this only ever happens if someone leaves during Voting, which happened in every other Halo. So in a sense Halo 4 has completely improved on this by allowing Join in Progress. Otherwise you would have been 5 v 4 the entire game.
> >
> >
> >
> > > [/li]1. Loadouts/Perks/Ordnance/Killcams are cool, but they’re not the halo I know. Have them by all means, but I’d love playlists without them. It feels like 343 just copied from CoD because of lack of ideas.
[/quote]
There are playlists without them. Specifically Team Slayer Pro. I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with choosing primary weapon in loadouts though, as it solves alot of Halo’s problems (specifically the AR/BR starts issue, and the issue of liking Plasma Rifles/carbines/NRs more, but being forced to pick them up), and don’t honestly disbalance the game at all.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > [/li]1. I should never spawn with direct line of sight of my opponents. The killer has the disadvantage of being low health and probably losing the fight, OR the killer can get a double kill on one person, which is a joke. [/list]
> > >
> > > I agree. But this has happened in every single Halo game prior to 4 anyway, so it’s not like it’s a new issue or anything.

I agree on everything except the loadouts and perks. I think they’re well executed and fairly balanced if you play to a style that fits you. They feel nothing like CoD and that complaint needs to die so that the real complaints and bugs can get worked out. The loadouts stay everything else you said is more or less true, but I don’t think it detracts from the game significantly.