343, give us a "Classic Halo" playlist.

A lot of us are saddened by all the new changes to the franchise. We tried to embrace them and try them before complaining, but a great deal of us aren’t satisfied with the new experience.

Back before Halo 4 came out, you promised us a way to play Classic Halo. What you gave us was Slayer Pro. I really really don’t think this is a good compromise and it kind of felt like a kick to the nuts for us veteran Halo fans.

A Classic Halo playlist would need:

• Multiple gametypes (CTF, Slayer, Oddball, KoTH etc).

• Respawn Timers like in previous Halos.

• No loadouts, ordnance or random weapon spawns - everyone starts on equal footing and have to earn their advantage.

• Static Weapon spawns to help bring back power weapon control as a factor in Halo.

• No Join In Progress (arguable).

• No Sprint, but increased movespeed to compensate.

We got a promise from you, that Classic Halo would be playable within Halo 4, so I think we are justified in asking for it.

Don’t make a community a promise… If you know you can’t keep it.

> for us veteran Halo fans.

Ugh.

I’m fine with a classic playlist, but seriously, is it so hard to accept some veterans actually like the game?

> No loadouts, ordnance or random weapon spawns - everyone starts on equal footing and have to earn their advantage.

You mean exact like how it is now? Being the first to run to a Battle rifle doesn’t mean you earned the advantage over everyone else who only has an AR. Loadouts do put everyone on an even playing field.

vet here, like the new game.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst140504p3_Do-We-Still-Need-Classic.aspx

> > for us veteran Halo fans.
>
>
>
> > Ugh.
> >
> > I’m fine with a classic playlist, but seriously, is it so hard to accept some veterans actually like the game?
>
> Is it a crime to like and want to play both?

I wouldn’t say I horribly dislike the game. By saying “us veteran players”, I didn’t mean every veteran player dislikes this game. I just mean those who want this playlist to happen, which I am guessing are mostly the veteran players.

I think you guys are reading a bit too much between the lines here.

Yeah sure, give them a classic playlist. Maybe that will keep them all in that one playlist, and away from the rest of the game so we can play it in peace. Maybe that will stop the entitled whining.

> Yeah sure, give them a classic playlist. Maybe that will keep them all in that one playlist, and away from the rest of the game so we can play it in peace. Maybe that will stop the entitled whining.

Hate to break it to ya, but the Vets are the ones who have helped the game the most

Oh please. You “Halo Vets” complain no matter what they give you. Stop playing the franchise if you dont like the course its taking. But at least save us from all the complaining.

Can I not give constructive criticism and try to make it an enjoyable game for everyone without people like you complaining about complainers (the irony…)?

Nope. You sure as hell cant

Then you have a problem. Sorry to burst your bubble, but people might not all have the same opinion as you. Your opinion is not worth more than mine. Instead of trying to make counter points you directly insult me as a result of you disagreeing with me. That is incredibly childish and immature. I wish we could all just have a mature and well-mannered discussion here.

I’ve been playing halo since the beginning of the series, and although some of the changes are okay… I’m struggling with the point system. If I get the most kills, the most assists, and die the least… I struggle with having the least amount of points at the end of the game…

There are some bad and good points about the game, it will eventually be improved, so just wait for updates and carry on eating cake in my words :slight_smile:

> Then you have a problem. Sorry to burst your bubble, but people might not all have the same opinion as you. Your opinion is not worth more than mine. Instead of trying to make counter points you directly insult me as a result of you disagreeing with me. That is incredibly childish and immature. I wish we could all just have a mature and well-mannered discussion here.

Here is the counter point of my argument. 80% or so of the Halo population disagrees with you. Just because you are a Vet doesnt give you any special status here. The game is everything 343i hoped it would be.

> Can I not give constructive criticism and try to make it an enjoyable game for everyone without people like you complaining about complainers (the irony…)?

Your agrument is invalid. You aren’t being constructive by trying to make the game like Halo CE, 2, or 3. You alleged vets need to either go back to those games and leave Halo 4 alone. You guys and your classic playlists. If you want classic go play H2, H3, or HCE. The majority rules here folks and the majority like the game so you guys in reality have no power. Please do not continue to plague these forums with "Make classic playlists, or remove this, or nerf that, or make the game play like Halo 2 or 3.

The servers for those other halos are still live (maybe not Halo 2). Otherwise end your blind fanaticism for a game of the past and accept the new Halo and let 343 be their own company and not try and turn them into Bungie which is what they were trying to do. They have done that well so please stop your whining.

> > Can I not give constructive criticism and try to make it an enjoyable game for everyone without people like you complaining about complainers (the irony…)?
>
> Your agrument is invalid. You aren’t being constructive by trying to make the game like Halo CE, 2, or 3. You alleged vets need to either go back to those games and leave Halo 4 alone. You guys and your classic playlists. If you want classic go play H2, H3, or HCE. The majority rules here folks and the majority like the game so you guys in reality have no power. Please do not continue to plague these forums with "Make classic playlists, or remove this, or nerf that, or make the game play like Halo 2 or 3.
>
> The servers for those other halos are still live (maybe not Halo 2). Otherwise end your blind fanaticism for a game of the past and accept the new Halo and let 343 be their own company and not try and turn them into Bungie which is what they were trying to do. They have done that well so please stop your whining.

But you can just, you know, not play the classic playlist? Why are you even complaining? If you wanna play the current Halo 4, no one is stopping you.

Yes, it’s always nice to have the option again!

Make on up and custom games, and play it with your pals. That should be your solution.

this was asked for in reach and guess what? no one played it.