343 For the sake of halo PUT IN 1-50!!!!

1-50 is crucial to halo 4’s success. I admit Halo 4 is looking better since the scans but 1-50 will rally make or break the game.

1-50 provides a skill gap, a competitive ranking system, and a constant challenge. 1-50 keeps player’s on the game longer because it takes a while to get and isn’t as boring as “grinding” for credits in reach. 1-50 Creates better games players are more devoted to their teams because they have to win to rank up.

For those of you who oppose 1-50

For people that fear bad team-mates.

Ranked isn’t a place to play casually. You shouldn’t casually play in a playlist that your highest skill is in because you could go down. If you want to play less competitively, play social.

If you keep going down in ranked you need to…

  1. Find good recent players.
  2. Go on a forum like waypoint and find good team-mates
  3. Or play lone wolves/ ranked FFA

Boosters

I think 343 should put in a report option (like CoD, the one thing CoD did right after mw2). This would have their account reviewed. If in any ranked playlist a play consistently wins 50-0 or under 50-5 then their account should be temporary banned or restarted.

I disagree, the 1-50 just lead to people bashing others since they were a lower rank (especially when said people were rank 50).

You can still pair people up who have a similar skill level without needed the visual 1-50 system as it was in Halo 2 or Halo 3.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Here, instead of asking for the ranking system back for the 100th time, how about you do this.

[Link removed by a moderator]

>

HAH Thanks, your reported.

This needs to come back. I play with friends over Reach every other night at least and I can’t count on my hands and feet the number of scrubs and chumps we roll over. I mean, that seems to be the only reason any of us in our group really plays the game for. Ranked helps keep 1st timers from being K/D fodder.

> I disagree, the 1-50 just lead to people bashing others since they were a lower rank (especially when said people were rank 50).
>
> You can still pair people up who have a similar skill level without needed the visual 1-50 system as it was in Halo 2 or Halo 3.

It’s not all about “matching up people with a similar skill level”. It’s about being able to prove that you’re better than someone, and the satisfaction that your rank actually means something.

Also, I’m confused as to why you bring up people “bashing others”, seeing as this happens with every single type of ranking system in existence.

> I disagree, the 1-50 just lead to people bashing others since they were a lower rank (especially when said people were rank 50).
>
> You can still pair people up who have a similar skill level without needed the visual 1-50 system as it was in Halo 2 or Halo 3.

I have played soooo much halo 2/3 and I never heard people basing simply on skill rank. I heard people say stuff like “wow we have a stupid 14 on our team” or somthing like that. But not full on bashing.

The visual number just adds another level of the game that keeps players coming back.

They did say that EXP was back…

> > I disagree, the 1-50 just lead to people bashing others since they were a lower rank (especially when said people were rank 50).
> >
> > You can still pair people up who have a similar skill level without needed the visual 1-50 system as it was in Halo 2 or Halo 3.
>
> It’s not all about “matching up people with a similar skill level”. It’s about being able to prove that you’re better than someone, and the satisfaction that your rank actually means something.
>
> Also, I’m confused as to why you bring up people “bashing others”, seeing as this happens with every single type of ranking system in existence.

Why would you need a number to show that you’re better than a game than somebody else? If you really want to prove it, you can easily do so by doing well in games.

As for the “bashing others”, I have never seen anybody insult another player in Reach due to being a lower rank, since rank is related to the amount of time you’ve played, not your skill level.

I don’t care about rank, I care about killing…

Be it 1-50 or progression, I’ll still have fun!

1-50 ranking system is okay.

> 1-50 is crucial to halo 4’s success. I admit Halo 4 is looking better since the scans but 1-50 will rally make or break the game.
>
> 1-50 provides a skill gap, a competitive ranking system, and a constant challenge. 1-50 keeps player’s on the game longer because it takes a while to get and isn’t as boring as “grinding” for credits in reach. 1-50 Creates better games players are more devoted to their teams because they have to win to rank up.

A 1-50 ranking system is completely unnecessary. It’s only purpose is for the MLG, try-hard, wanna-be “Pro’s” to -Yoink- on everyone who “isn’t as good as they are”.

The behind-the-scenes True Skill matching system is just fine as it is now. I (and apparently many people with me) prefer Halo to be numbers-bashing free.

sighs

No, we don’t need numerical ranks again. It only serves to give players yet another thing to wave around and stat-flame about. Besides, as with anything, it’s easily boosted and quickly becomes worthless when everybody is hopping around going ‘I’m a 50 in MLG and SWAT, YOU SUCK!’.

Contrary to popular belief, rankings in Halo 3 didn’t determine matchups. That went down to the TrueSkill system, which had a much tighter and accurate matching algorithm. As long as 343i tighten up the match-up algorithms to ensure lower-skilled players aren’t thrown in with higher-skilled players, I’m fine. Ranking entirely can go straight to Hell, for me. I’m only in it for the fun.

> > > I disagree, the 1-50 just lead to people bashing others since they were a lower rank (especially when said people were rank 50).
> > >
> > > You can still pair people up who have a similar skill level without needed the visual 1-50 system as it was in Halo 2 or Halo 3.
> >
> > It’s not all about “matching up people with a similar skill level”. It’s about being able to prove that you’re better than someone, and the satisfaction that your rank actually means something.
> >
> > Also, I’m confused as to why you bring up people “bashing others”, seeing as this happens with every single type of ranking system in existence.
>
> Why would you need a number to show that you’re better than a game than somebody else? If you really want to prove it, you can easily do so by doing well in games.
>
> As for the “bashing others”, I have never seen anybody insult another player in Reach due to being a lower rank, since rank is related to the amount of time you’ve played, not your skill level.

People like to feel accomplished when they reach a high rank. If you don’t want to be " bashed" mute them, don’t play halo, or get a decent skill rank.

> Why would you need a number to show that you’re better than a game than somebody else?

Yes. Most games are team games which do not accurately individual skill, as well as the fact that with 1-50 you can prove you’re better than someone without ever playing with them. To be honest I don’t even know why people try arguing against it, seeing as 1-50 is a win-win situation for everybody. I guess some people just like matching up people way better than them and getting owned, right?

> As for the “bashing others”, I have never seen anybody insult another player in Reach due to being a lower rank, since rank is related to the amount of time you’ve played, not your skill level.

Believe me, it happens.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> A 1-50 ranking system is completely unnecessary. It’s only purpose is for the MLG, try-hard, wanna-be “Pro’s” to Yoink! on everyone who “isn’t as good as they are”.

How ignorant can you be? Jesus Christ, please rethink about participating in this forum.

Seems like hating the 1-50 system has a strong negative correlation with Halo 3 Highest Skill… hmm…

> sighs
>
> No, we don’t need numerical ranks again. It only serves to give players yet another thing to wave around and stat-flame about. Besides, as with anything, it’s easily boosted and quickly becomes worthless when everybody is hopping around going ‘I’m a 50 in MLG and SWAT, YOU SUCK!’.
>
> Contrary to popular belief, rankings in Halo 3 didn’t determine matchups. That went down to the TrueSkill system, which had a much tighter and accurate matching algorithm. As long as 343i tighten up the match-up algorithms to ensure lower-skilled players aren’t thrown in with higher-skilled players, I’m fine. Ranking entirely can go straight to Hell, for me. I’m only in it for the fun.

But it will kept people interested instead of getting bored.

Ignorant?

Why? Because I play games to have fun and relax instead of deluding myself into thinking I’ll one day go “Pro”?

I did rethink participating in these Forums, and I think I’ll stay because the love just rains down. I can feel it.

:wink:

thats why there have been two playlists. ranked and social. its not hard. if you dont like numbers then play social. i am no mlg it took me a year or two to get to a 40(yes i suck) but it was still a blast to move up and down based on how my team did.

[deleted]