343: Fix your game. Its terrible. Advice -->

For Halo 5: Forget what you did with reach. Forget what you did with Halo 4. TAKE HALO 3 AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT BETTER

-No sprint
-No ordinance
-No bloom
-Strong BR
-Fix the medals
-TRUE SKILL RANKING SYSTEM
-Make sure maps play well / are balanced (which you absolutely failed on doing with Halo 4)
-Why did you have to chance all the original weapons that came out in halo one. Those were perfectly balanced, now were left with a rocket launcher that can shoot cross map…

Stop trying to conform to call of duty aspects by trying to be the most popular video game; that cant happen because you only release on one system. Stop trying to make the most popular video game and make the best video game. Understand that Halo and Call of Duty are polar opposites in terms of what kind of FPS they are. Call of duty is realistic making gameplay so that you have to stop moving for a controlled shot. Halo is about being evasive in an attempt to dodge the other persons shots. This game is absolute crap.

I hope you realize that the Halo community is not going to give you another mess up. Ive played the halos since the halos came out. I have absolutely loved them. Halo 4 and reach were awful. Show us that you can acknowledge what you did wrong and get back to what was going so right with halo 1, 2, and 3. PLEASE

This is a very original post. There is no thread in the last ten pages of threads quite like it.

Yeh let’s keep the game the same over and over like another game.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Well said, but it wont happen. Halo 5 with out a single doubt will be even worse. A lot of the people who still play Halo 4 now are the casuals who actually like this CoD sh*t. It will never good as good as the Halo 3 days and before, just face it… :frowning:

> This is a very original post. There is no thread in the last ten pages of threads quite like it.

Which in itself should probably tell you something lol.

The best thing about the original halos was that you can prove your competence over your friends like no other game had to offer. They need to stop dumbing the game down and make halo 5 the most competitive fps ever. Its soo possible they just need to listen to us.

Yeah I realize there are a lot of people hating for these reasons but its about the amounts of people. More people who say they want something changed the more likely it will to get done. Look at what 343 did with bloom in halo reach. Halo 4 added pro. Halo 3 added BR starts and it changed their whole multiplayer from a competitive standpoint. I love halo too much to stand by idly.

No things need to and will chance. Dont be a pessimist

> This is a very original post. There is no thread in the last ten pages of threads quite like it.

This had constructive critism instead of 343 u suck I hate I am never going to play ur game again…

I admire the opinion and I agree with it. I am however very pleased with the recent changes and playlists updates. However there is still plenty of stuff that annoys me about the game mainly the weapons majority of them are ungodly over powered. The BR feels unacuarte most of the time.

I feel like people are posting these threads is because they want to see them get it right and above all get there favorite video gam back to the way it should be.

Overall I feel that they missed the audience that a halo game caters to.

> For Halo 5: Forget what you did with reach. Forget what you did with Halo 4. TAKE HALO 3 AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT BETTER
>
> -No sprint
> -No ordinance
> -No bloom
> -Strong BR
> -Fix the medals
> -TRUE SKILL RANKING SYSTEM
> -Make sure maps play well / are balanced (which you absolutely failed on doing with Halo 4)
> -Why did you have to chance all the original weapons that came out in halo one. Those were perfectly balanced, now were left with a rocket launcher that can shoot cross map…
>
> Stop trying to conform to call of duty aspects by trying to be the most popular video game; that cant happen because you only release on one system. Stop trying to make the most popular video game and make the best video game. Understand that Halo and Call of Duty are polar opposites in terms of what kind of FPS they are. Call of duty is realistic making gameplay so that you have to stop moving for a controlled shot. Halo is about being evasive in an attempt to dodge the other persons shots. This game is absolute crap.
>
> I hope you realize that the Halo community is not going to give you another mess up. Ive played the halos since the halos came out. I have absolutely loved them. Halo 4 and reach were awful. Show us that you can acknowledge what you did wrong and get back to what was going so right with halo 1, 2, and 3. PLEASE

I disagree with a few points. I like sprint. I don’t think the BR needs to be made stronger because then it will just be overpowered and there would be no reason to use anything else. That’s boring.

Sure remove ordnance and bloom, I don’t mind that change.

True skill is in the game, I think you mean a visible ranking system? I think that’s fine as long as there is a social playlist so I don’t always have to be super hardcore competitive.

I like the maps that 343i and certain affinity made. They’re much better than Halo Reach. Skyline and haven are great among other maps.

Lastly, I’m not sure what you mean about rocket launcher across the map, I could do this in Halo CE blood gulch. Does that mean blood gulch is a bad map? I don’t follow this logic of yours.

> Yeh let’s keep the game the same over and over like another game.

Yes and when they did that there was hundreds of thousands people playing at a time. When they changed everything about how a match is played it maybe gets 40,000 a day.

> > Yeh let’s keep the game the same over and over like another game.
>
>
> Yes and when they did that there was hundreds of thousands people playing at a time. When they changed everything about how a match is played it maybe gets 40,000 a day.

I like the “old days” gameplay style from Halo2 but i don’t want it to stay the same to be honest Reach made me hate it but i like this more in a way.

RESPONSE TO DSight:

Fair enough.

I disagree about sprint. I feel like it takes skill out of the game. I couldnt disagree more about the maps. They dont play well at all and any map with over shield is just a race to it in the beginning which is absolutely embarrassing for 343.

I agree that the BR is fine now in terms of damage. Only because they already made it stronger though. I would make it more accurate long range though. Its so poor long range it puts people like me who play on sensitivities 8-10 at a serious disadvantage.

Yes I meant a ranking system. Like they had in halo 2 and 3. It was perfect. No reason to change it other than the fact that 343 was scared by the number of users that CoD has.

And my comment about the long range rocket launcher was a bash against the rail gun. I dont like the new weapons all that much. I feel like 343 tried to entice us with all these new cool powerful weapons but focused more on what they were going to do/how they worked more than how they would balance in game.

I personally 100% agree on the old ranking system coming back. Who cares if there are host booters and boosters, I mean of course its annoying, but its a million times better than what we have now, having it visible there for you and everyone else to see is soo much better.

> RESPONSE TO DSight:
>
>
> Fair enough.
>
> I disagree about sprint. I feel like it takes skill out of the game. I couldnt disagree more about the maps. They dont play well at all and any map with over shield is just a race to it in the beginning which is absolutely embarrassing for 343.
>
> I agree that the BR is fine now in terms of damage. Only because they already made it stronger though. I would make it more accurate long range though. Its so poor long range it puts people like me who play on sensitivities 8-10 at a serious disadvantage.
>
> Yes I meant a ranking system. Like they had in halo 2 and 3. It was perfect. No reason to change it other than the fact that 343 was scared by the number of users that CoD has.
>
> And my comment about the long range rocket launcher was a bash against the rail gun. I dont like the new weapons all that much. I feel like 343 tried to entice us with all these new cool powerful weapons but focused more on what they were going to do/how they worked more than how they would balance in game.

Ah that makes more sense now! I understand.

I don’t think the BR needs a range increase because its supposed to be a mid ranged weapon in the sandbox now. With the light rifle and DMR, the BR has been pushed out of its long range, all for one weapon into a mid range weapon. If you increase the range you eliminate the carbine, the light rifle, the DMR from the sandbox and never need to use them again.

I don’t think it needs a range increase, just position yourself correctly no try to fight mid range.

Step away from these forums, and these are still being pumped out…lol, don’t ever change, Waypoint forums.

As an FYI, I don’t think your opinions will be heard, and Halo won’t look how you want it to. Think it will be easier to accept that than to advocate the other.

> I don’t think the BR needs a range increase because its supposed to be a mid ranged weapon in the sandbox now. With the light rifle and DMR, the BR has been pushed out of its long range, all for one weapon into a mid range weapon. If you increase the range you eliminate the carbine, the light rifle, the DMR from the sandbox and never need to use them again.
>
> Persisly! I don’t think the dmr or light rifle should exist. It changes the game where I think that everyone should be equal on the field. Having weapons that are used for the same thing but do stuff differently ie range.

You know what? One of my favorite games is Halo 3. I still own it. And I still play it whenever I get the time to play video games in a day. I’m telling you this because Halo 4 isn’t one of my favorites.

Why you ask?!
Because…

• Halo 4’s campaign sucked. It was such a boring story and I beat it in 5 hours.
    It didn’t have the feel any of the previous halos had in story mode.

• Halo 4 doesn’t have a community…I remember back in Halo 3 Everyone just invited people to Custom Games to play various types of gooofy halo mini games made by players. I feel like no ones does that anymore…And I feel like no one really uses forge.

• Halo 4’s multiplayer layout of character customization is also terrible, it’s too flashy and over complicated. The previous Halos did it right.

• Halo 4 has sprint ; Halo 4 has these terrible abilities and perks…It’s Halo not call of duty ; Recently halo 4 added a patch that increased player speed. ; I played halo 4 yesterday and I couldn’t even aim because there was too much commotion going on and the framerate sucked and I have highspeed internet.
    Halo 4 also did not have weapons on the map. The maps aren’t balanced. There is NO map variety…The vehicles suck. The weapons suck.

Now before some people get butthurt I’m going to say, what halo 4 is…is a cool concept what they have is cool. But it’s not Halo. If it was a different game series that played like that fine. BUT halo needs a community.

Why was Halo 3 my favorite? Well,

It had a community. The combat was perfectly balanced. Power weapons were great…There weren’t 213532 of them. And they made sense. Simple. Great. The maps were perfect.

Here is what halo 3 multiplayer is like. Let me run you through a life. You spawn. Think about where your team should position. (Team Slayer, The Pit example). I tell a teamate to go to rockets, 1 to invis, 1 to go to sword room, and I’ll go to sniper. It will be a series of mini duels. Halo 3 you need to use strategy. Odds are in a match its not going to be a -Yoink- of explosions. Because it takes skill, people are communicating, and using precision to take down an enemy. I also feel like power weapons have a slower spawn in Halo 3, and there are no ordinances so there are naturally less mess in multiplayer.

Halo 4 is okay I spawn I rush wih ALLLLL of my teamates to 1 powerweapon. I don’t get it and die and move to a new area, and die from the guy with the power weapon. And its all just abilities and explosions and confusion. Their game moves faster than it can handle. Halo is supposed to be a mid rate speed multiplayer game. halo 4 is becoming fast paced like call of duty. -__-

SO PLEASE. I encourage you to all start playing halo 3 again. It has a nice amount of players still, it’s not hard to find games. Let’s repopulate it. Maybe if we quit playing their installment of halo we can move to bungies…and they would realize what true halo players want is halo 2 and 3. not Halo 4…Just start playing halo 3, and get all of your friends to start playing, over time it can get repopulated.

Oh and they need to bring back the ranked/social split playlists so there can be a skilled ranking system…not oh this guy is good hes level 200. Big deal he plays a lot of games and gets a lot of exp. He could still suck.

>

1. I like halo 4’s campaign, and the only thing missing in it for me was a flying mission and a flood mission.
  2. Fair enough, although people still use forge alot. (my friend showed me alot of cool creations with forge the other day)
  3. Some people like customization. I liked Reach’s armory the best, but Halo 4’s isn’t that bad.
    4.I’m not fond of sprint, but the perks are surprisingly balanced (so far).
  4. The internet thing is because of peer to peer connection, Halo 3 would be just as laggy with H4’s fancy lighting system and graphics
  5. The Castle and Majestic maps are my favourite maps in a long time. Better than most of Reach’s maps anyways
  6. Ordinance is stupid. Without it games might be fair.
  7. Halo 4 needs ranked playlists. But JIP ranked playlists would just suck.

If I didn’t mention it, I probably agree with you on it.

> For Halo 5: Forget what you did with Halo 2. Forget what you did with Halo 3. TAKE HALO CE AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT BETTER.
>
> -No sprint
> -No ordinance
> -No bloom
> -No BR
> -No Ranking System
> -Make sure maps play well / are balanced.
> -No redundant, useless additions to the sandbox.
>
> Stop trying to conform to Halo 3 aspects by trying to dumb down and shove tons of content into the game. Stop trying to make the most popular video game and make the best video game.
>
> Understand that Halo CE and Halo 3 are polar opposites in terms of what kind of FPS they are. Halo CE is about skill and strategy. Halo 3 is about playing fat kid and drooling over pointless hype (OMGZ TURRETS SO COOL).
>
> I hope you realize that the right-minded community is not going to give you another mess up. Ive played since Halo CE. I have absolutely loved it. Halo 3 and Halo 2 were awful. Show us that you can acknowledge what you did wrong and get back to what was going so right with the one true Halo title.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do make non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Cuz bored.

> > For Halo 5: Forget what you did with Halo 2. Forget what you did with Halo 3. TAKE HALO CE AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT BETTER.
> >
> > -No sprint
> > -No ordinance
> > -No bloom
> > -No BR
> > -No Ranking System
> > -Make sure maps play well / are balanced.
> > -No redundant, useless additions to the sandbox.
> >
> > Stop trying to conform to Halo 3 aspects by trying to dumb down and shove tons of content into the game. Stop trying to make the most popular video game and make the best video game.
> >
> > Understand that Halo CE and Halo 3 are polar opposites in terms of what kind of FPS they are. Halo CE is about skill and strategy. Halo 3 is about playing fat kid and drooling over pointless hype (OMGZ TURRETS SO COOL).
> >
> > I hope you realize that the right-minded community is not going to give you another mess up. Ive played since Halo CE. I have absolutely loved it. Halo 3 and Halo 2 were awful. Show us that you can acknowledge what you did wrong and get back to what was going so right with the one true Halo title.

Halo 3 turret was awesome though. After I found out how to accurately fire it I felt stupid for only spraying with it. I’m pretty sure you can’t do that in Reach or Halo 4.

Also, you’re going kinda overboard. Halo CE had awesome things, but that doesn’t mean everything from Halo 2 and 3 were bad.

> > For Halo 5: Forget what you did with Halo 2. Forget what you did with Halo 3. TAKE HALO CE AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT BETTER.
> >
> > -No sprint
> > -No ordinance
> > -No bloom
> > -No BR
> > -No Ranking System
> > -Make sure maps play well / are balanced.
> > -No redundant, useless additions to the sandbox.
> >
> > Stop trying to conform to Halo 3 aspects by trying to dumb down and shove tons of content into the game. Stop trying to make the most popular video game and make the best video game.
> >
> > Understand that Halo CE and Halo 3 are polar opposites in terms of what kind of FPS they are. Halo CE is about skill and strategy. Halo 3 is about playing fat kid and drooling over pointless hype (OMGZ TURRETS SO COOL).
> >
> > I hope you realize that the right-minded community is not going to give you another mess up. Ive played since Halo CE. I have absolutely loved it. Halo 3 and Halo 2 were awful. Show us that you can acknowledge what you did wrong and get back to what was going so right with the one true Halo title.

Now that is a very constructive post you’ve got there friend! May I ask why you purposely edited OP’s statement because you were “bored”? That is a form of slander (libel), and that is also a heretical statement!

I still don’t understand the rhetoric there, is it a form of satire, or just a form of trolling? Do your words have meaning behind them, or is it just for the lolz?