343, fix the lack of defiant achievement gametypes!

I see you’ve added a SLAYER playlist.

Well I thought I’d at least be able to get a defiant map and earn the ‘assassinate a player exiting armor lock’ achievement in that. But guess what… a Defiant map didn’t show up in the lobby. Two noble maps and an anniversary one instead.

I switched the x-box off after that.

If you’re going to require matchmaking for brand new achievements rather than allowing them in custom games, at least put a playlist on that offers them.

Let me make it clear for you.

I need access to DEFIANT maps with the following gametypes to earn the brand new achievements you’ve recently issued:

1 Flag CTF

Infection

These are not showing up at all due to the fact that not everyone playing the regular playlists have the Defiant map pack.

Why didn’t you allow them in customs, or on any map? Why did they have to be tied to the defiant maps and only in matchmaking?

You’ve really dropped a clanger here, and I was having high hopes for you after you took over from bungie :frowning:

So is no one else finding it difficult to get suitable map/gametypes for the new achievements?

> Why didn’t you allow them in customs

Are you seriously asking that question?

If you are able to go into matchmaking with a full party, simply have one person delete the noble and anniversary map packs from their hard drives. By doing this, it forces the game to give you a defiant map, or a regular Reach map. It’s just easier with a full party. I guess you could go in solo too, we never tested this. I managed to get all of the achievements this way, and I played normally. I hope this helps you out.

> > Why didn’t you allow them in customs
>
> Are you seriously asking that question?

Not everyone boosts in custom games you know. Some people actually play them properly.

> I guess you could go in solo too, we never tested this. I managed to get all of the achievements this way, and I played normally. I hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the post, but if I delete Noble/Anniversary and just have Defiant, can I still play in the DLC playlist?

[deleted]

jack pipsam;499370 wrote:
A Blues fan;493882 wrote:

Why didn’t you allow them in customs

Are you seriously asking that question?

Not everyone boosts in custom games you know. Some people actually play them properly.

FRYKILL;499452 wrote:
I guess you could go in solo too, we never tested this. I managed to get all of the achievements this way, and I played normally. I hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the post, but if I delete Noble/Anniversary and just have Defiant, can I still play in the DLC playlist?

That depends on the criteria of the playlist. If all the DLC is required, then no, but if you can still play missing the noble and anniversary packs, you should not have a problem. Don’t worry about deleting the map packs, you can re-download them for free.