343 false advertising - Do you not feel insulted?

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.[b/]</mark>

They kind of mislead us entirely with the trailers. They lead us to believe that there’d be this huge clash of duty, morals and emotions between Locke and Master Chief + his loyal blue team, and the game would be based primarily on that conflict…

Yet, there was very little Master Chief and Blue team action. And there wasn’t much of a conflict there between Locke and Chief at all. It was a very short, unsatisfying story line that diverted in a completely different way.They LITERALLY mislead us with the trailers. Is this not insulting?

You do understand how marketing works right?
They showed us a ton of gameplay footage with a them in about 30 second windows. With a that theme being Blue team being hunted by Locke’s team… Which is 100% accurate… And is the core objective of Locke’s team… the entire game.
I’m not quite sure how that is misleading… More so your general misunderstanding of what the word mislead is.

The story has been exactly what I have expected. But most of the time I’m very good at determining the direction of the story regardless of if its a movie , a TV show or game.

Yeah bruh its marketing. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve lied about what’s in a Halo game in a Halo ad. I’m pretty sure CoD get the same angry responses every year for their ads because the ad always looks better than the final product.

> 2533274792014876;2:
> You do understand how marketing works right?
> They showed us a ton of gameplay footage with a them in about 30 second windows. With a that theme being Blue team being hunted by Locke’s team… Which is 100% accurate… And is the core objective of Locke’s team… the entire game.
> I’m not quite sure how that is misleading… More so your general misunderstanding of what the word mislead is.

1. Please don’t condescend, it doesn’t make you look smart at all.

2. It’s misleading because we are lead to believe that the game would be primarily focused on the conflict between Locke’s team and Chief’s team. Heck, they had clips of Chief and Locke both defeated and about to be shot by one another! So they clearly put this idea in our heads that there’d be this intense conflict, yet it had little to do with the game!

3. Yeah, I know how marketing works, thanks man. I know there’s going to be exaggeration, but to make the conflict between the two seem so intense, and to make it out like it would be what the game would surround primarily, only to find out it barely focused on the conflict at all, and that the two would be focusing on the same goal after such little discussion and fighting… IS MISLEADING!

I think for the most part, it was that it didn’t go in the direction that was built up in the expanded universe and the Hunt the Truth audio stories.

Given the general themes, I thought ONI would be the bad guys, and Locke would be forced to choose between his orders and previous affiliation with ONI, and doing the right thing and following the Chief.

I also thought, given the conversations about the Composer, that we’d be using it to make Cortana human. It’s still not impossible, I just figured this game would focus on ONI and the UNSC’s darker side.

Marketing… Although Marketing can’t even make the Halloween Burger look good.

The bait and switch wasn’t something that I like, but I meant everything in those podcasts still happened and we have another great story from it in Halo history.

If anyone is actually surprised after the -Yoinking!- fiasco that was MCC I have nothing to say other than you’re naive.

Yeah I was disappointed that there was hardly any tension feel throughout the campaign. There was never a single moment to make me even question if chief was a traitor.

the greatest hunt in video game history as it was called was a way over exaggeration. Locke was quite respectful to Chief, how many times did he refer to Chief as “sir”?

[deleted]

Read up on the meaning of the term “red herring” and then come back. Did you really think the whole game would have been better as a back and forth battle/hunt between Osiris and Blue Team? That seems so…safe.

> 2533274792014876;2:
> You do understand how marketing works right?
> They showed us a ton of gameplay footage with a them in about 30 second windows. With a that theme being Blue team being hunted by Locke’s team… Which is 100% accurate… And is the core objective of Locke’s team… the entire game.
> I’m not quite sure how that is misleading… More so your general misunderstanding of what the word mislead is.

The marketing made it seem like there was going to a two-sided story.
Like 117 did some questionable stuff that made him an enemy and that’s why he was being hunted down.
In the game that whole thing is actually

117 wanting to go check on the Cortana lead and the UNSC saying nope.That’s it.

That’s the whole reason why Osiris exist. Cause of nope.
That’s not really what the marketing made it out to be.
In fact, from the very end of mission one we know what is going on so at NO POINT do we even get the idea that this is some big 117 vs Os.

I think the direction they were going with the trailers and Hunt the Truth was more interesting than what we got, but I’m not insulted.

And here’s why:

if they marketed the game in any way that reflected the story, the you’d have issues because

CORTANA, DUHThey had to come up with some other way of selling the game that wouldn’t give that away. Chief is off AWOL maybe gone nuts, who knows? let’s go find him, what’s he doing? Looking for Halsey? Looking for Cortana? Mystery and ONI lies.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> The story has been exactly what I have expected. But most of the time I’m very good at determining the direction of the story regardless of if its a movie , a TV show or game.

Literally don’t understand how you get “Cortana is back with an army of Forerunner skyscraper-robots and wants to rule the galaxy” from a bunch of trailers that shown nothing more than Locke hunting the Master Chief, but hey, if you say so.

> 2754433700681668;7:
> Marketing… Although Marketing can’t even make the Halloween Burger look good.

100% this. That burger in the commercial made me gag just based on its looks.

> 2533274827167643;16:
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > The story has been exactly what I have expected. But most of the time I’m very good at determining the direction of the story regardless of if its a movie , a TV show or game.
>
>
> Literally don’t understand how you get “Cortana is back with an army of Forerunner skyscraper-robots and wants to rule the galaxy” from a bunch of trailers that shown nothing more than Locke hunting the Master Chief, but hey, if you say so.

lol. my thoughts too. I just pictured him watching that trailer and the second Chief says “Was it worth it?” he thinks "I know where this is heading … " and being 100% correct.

> 2533274827167643;16:
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > The story has been exactly what I have expected. But most of the time I’m very good at determining the direction of the story regardless of if its a movie , a TV show or game.
>
>
> Literally don’t understand how you get “Cortana is back with an army of Forerunner skyscraper-robots and wants to rule the galaxy” from a bunch of trailers that shown nothing more than Locke hunting the Master Chief, but hey, if you say so.

I think they’re talking about the whole thing about Master Chief has a vision of Cortana and goes AWOL and is somehow connected to the guardians being activated. Fireteam Osiris is tasked with finding Blue team and taking them in, but midway through the story, a truth is revealed and the two teams become allies. That’s exactly what happened and you could easily guess that based on the marketing alone combined with common sense.

Nothing new, that Halo 2 trailer had us believing we would be defending Earth, rather than the two missions on the surface that players got.