343 fails at making splitscreen

The splitscreen in the mcc collection is the worst experience I have ever made.It only works in the campaign and, in the multiplayer, only for H1-H3. Seriously, I can not understand why the framerate is so unbelievable bad in H2a and H4. I would not complain, if they gave us feedback. But right now, they are not even mentioning that they work at it and it give me the feeling that they are not interested in solving it. Furthermore, I can not understand why there are only so less people, who do complain about such a big issue.

the technical problems are that split screen means you have to render the world 4x over. That puts quite a drain on the gpu

> 2533274879029380;2:
> the technical problems are that split screen means you have to render the world 4x over. That puts quite a drain on the gpu

What Bungie did in the past to combat this is reduce the distance required to load the textures in splitscreen. So you end up rendering less additional content. 343i, however opted to just let the framerate suffer. This was an issue on Halo 4 on the 360, it is still an issue in Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary on the Xbox one, and I fully expect it to still be an issue in Halo 5. The truth of the matter is that 343i is a really lousy game developer. I have been disappointed with everything that they’ve done since their conception as a company.

> 2533274793189265;3:
> > 2533274879029380;2:
> > the technical problems are that split screen means you have to render the world 4x over. That puts quite a drain on the gpu
>
>
> What Bungie did in the past to combat this is reduce the distance required to load the textures in splitscreen. So you end up rendering less additional content. 343i, however opted to just let the framerate suffer. This was an issue on Halo 4 on the 360, it is still an issue in Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary on the Xbox one, and I fully expect it to still be an issue in Halo 5. The truth of the matter is that 343i is a really lousy game developer. I have been disappointed with everything that they’ve done since their conception as a company.

I really can only agree with your disappointnment. It is unbelieveable how they handle the splitscreen. I guess I understand now why there is so much hate toward 343…

yes

Just had a party last night with 4 split on one tv and two on another and played btb online and was quite playable.