343 failed!

Ok, first off I haven’t even played this game yet. So you may ask yourself: Why would I say 343 failed if I haven’t even played this game yet? well, I went to play it with a friend, someone sitting there next to me that I actually know in real life, AN ACTUAL FRIEND, not some guy I met randomly via Reach after I kicked the covenant out of him. I tried to play co-op and unless I’m missing some option and being a total idiot to boot, this game does not allow you to play split-screen co-op on the campaign. I’m sorry, but if I was not mistaken the thing that made the original Halo so great was the fact that you can take it over to your friends house and play whatever you wanted, whether Multi-player or campaign WITH YOUR FRIENDS. This so called “anniversary”(I’m using that term loosely) has completely ruined that experience for me. Now it seems the only way to play co-op campaign is via online and that is just stupid. Did I think the ability to play online co-op was cool the first time I heard it? Yes, BUT NOT WHEN THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY IT!!! This game has taken all the joy of the original game away and I almost refuse to play it but considering I stayed up til midnight to get this stupid game only to work at 4 in the morning I guess I’ll just have to play online, sitting in a room by myself like a loser because nobodies going to want to sit there and hang out while I play a game BY MYSELF!!! THANKS 343!!! TRY AGAIN.

Umm… you can play CEA co-op split screen. I have done so. Try again.

Your title is misleading. Im guessing its supposed to say “I failed”.

> Your title is misleading. Im guessing its supposed to say “I failed”.

LMFAO!
that one post alone made me spill my coffee LOL’in
Excellent =P

PeacE
ShadEO9

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users.

you and your buddy, EPIC FAIL

You can play splitscreen…

This is how you play split-screen co-op:

Sign into a profile.

Select Campaign.

Press the Y button to access the ‘Network Mode’ settings menu

Select ‘My Xbox 360 Console’
__

This will now populate the ‘My Party’ field with your gamertag and any other gamertags that are currently signed into your xbox. (If there is no other gamertags signed in, a ‘[A] Join’ prompted appears)

> Ok, first off I haven’t even played this game yet. So you may ask yourself: Why would I say 343 failed if I haven’t even played this game yet? well, I went to play it with a friend, someone sitting there next to me that I actually know in real life, AN ACTUAL FRIEND, not some guy I met randomly via Reach after I kicked the covenant out of him. I tried to play co-op and unless I’m missing some option and being a total idiot to boot, this game does not allow you to play split-screen co-op on the campaign. I’m sorry, but if I was not mistaken the thing that made the original Halo so great was the fact that you can take it over to your friends house and play whatever you wanted, whether Multi-player or campaign WITH YOUR FRIENDS. This so called “anniversary”(I’m using that term loosely) has completely ruined that experience for me. Now it seems the only way to play co-op campaign is via online and that is just stupid. Did I think the ability to play online co-op was cool the first time I heard it? Yes, BUT NOT WHEN THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY IT!!! This game has taken all the joy of the original game away and I almost refuse to play it but considering I stayed up til midnight to get this stupid game only to work at 4 in the morning I guess I’ll just have to play online, sitting in a room by myself like a loser because nobodies going to want to sit there and hang out while I play a game BY MYSELF!!! THANKS 343!!! TRY AGAIN.

I’m happy to report that you and your wife can still split-screen together online. Enter the Campaign menu, hit “Y,” and select “My Xbox 360 Console.” The secondary account will show up automatically, and then you can play split-screen Campaign while logged into Xbox LIVE.

<mark>The-Halo-Bulletin-111711</mark>

Reference this weeks Bulletin, Community Question section, for detail around Campaign Co-op splitscreen.

Next to last question/answer before the FCF photo.

> Your title is misleading. Im guessing its supposed to say “I failed”.

Beautiful. Charlie Sheen would be jealous of this level of win.

You have to be trolling…

EPIC FAIL!

> Ok, first off I haven’t even played this game yet.

Firstly, way to stick your foot in your mouth. You and your buddy apparently are extremely one sided and impatient if anything.

You just have to create a Guest to play split screen co-op.

Secondly, this post came off very immaturely b/c you and your friend jumped to a conclusion that pretty much everyone else knows about and is utilizing to enjoy the game.

Get your facts straight before you blast a developer on false accusations based on your inability to A) Read The Manual and B) Use Google

if you can’t figure out how to play co-op split screen then you just suck, and are probably to young to have played the original and will have no appreciation for this game. why do you even bother? go play your call of duty

> <mark>Ok, first off I haven’t even played this game yet.</mark> So you may ask yourself: Why would I say 343 failed if I haven’t even played this game yet? well, I went to play it with a friend, someone sitting there next to me that I actually know in real life, AN ACTUAL FRIEND, not some guy I met randomly via Reach after I kicked the covenant out of him. I tried to play co-op and unless I’m missing some option and being a total idiot to boot, this game does not allow you to play split-screen co-op on the campaign. I’m sorry, but if I was not mistaken the thing that made the original Halo so great was the fact that you can take it over to your friends house and play whatever you wanted, whether Multi-player or campaign WITH YOUR FRIENDS. This so called “anniversary”(I’m using that term loosely) has completely ruined that experience for me. Now it seems the only way to play co-op campaign is via online and that is just stupid. Did I think the ability to play online co-op was cool the first time I heard it? Yes, BUT NOT WHEN THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY IT!!! This game has taken all the joy of the original game away and I almost refuse to play it but considering I stayed up til midnight to get this stupid game only to work at 4 in the morning I guess I’ll just have to play online, sitting in a room by myself like a loser because nobodies going to want to sit there and hang out while I play a game BY MYSELF!!! THANKS 343!!! TRY AGAIN.

All credibility lost after initial sentence. Nice.

> sitting in a room by myself like a loser

The only thing that makes you a loser is the fact you’re extremely one sided and impatient, and you developer bashing just makes you a stupid loser, it’s not that hard to get on Google and search for something. The fact that you started bashing 343i before googling how to play split screen.

[deleted]

> I would’ve corrected (and insulted) you, but it seems everybody else already did.
>
> Oh and that thing where you imply other people only have friends from video games… Firstly, grow up, and secondly, just because you are incapable of making more than one friend, doesn’t mean others are just as incapable. We, other people, usually have a wide variety of friends. @$$ H0L3.

Agreed, tho most of my friend I know in real life, are in other parts of the world, I got 2 or 3 over in Iraq, a few on the East coast, one in Hawaii.
Also, I think this kid is going to be the butt of every one’s jokes now.

The only person I see failing right now is you.

CEA is fully playable via split-screen. You have been horribly mistaken.

I’m sorry. But you can.

Is it wrong I laughed at this?