343 don't use Metal Earth for anything ever again.

This model is garbage. It is delicate, and painstaking. If you bend a piece slightly wrong you have maybe 2 chances to fix it before the piece breaks in half. I am on the step where you use pieces 34 and 35 on the underside of the face only to find out that the head only has 2 slots where it should have 4. You have to be so exact and work on such a small scale, and it needs to work the first time or it breaks. Even pieces put together perfectly are wobbly and barely hold together. The Metal Earth Guardian model was a good idea, but seriously did anyone at metal earth or 343 actually try to put the damn thing together? Like seriously even if you got it together perfectly it would need to be well protected as a gust of wind would likely break it. Would have been batter if it was just a small fully molded statue of plastic or metal. Like a micro machines star wars ship.

Okay figured out my mistake needed to use piece 33 also. Lets see if the pieces can handle being re set without breaking.

They prolly saw the size and imagined that’d it’d be a cool extra that fits in a case.

THat being said, I’d 1000% rather have a rando Mega Blocks Mini fig than some really cumbersome ME product.

They shouldn’t have even included the medal earth model. Instead a mega blocks set or a 3D printed chief (nicer looking than the custom ones)

They shouldn’t have even included the medal earth model. Instead a mega blocks set or a 3D printed chief (nicer looking than the custom ones)

Well rearranged the pieces successfully without the metal breaking. It has gotten really weak though HALO 5: Guardian Metal Earth model - YouTube This vid helps a little.

Starts out with, this model is garbage

2nd post, okay figured out my mistake

Niiiiice.

> 2533274809541057;7:
> Starts out with, this model is garbage
>
> 2nd post, okay figured out my mistake
>
> Niiiiice.

Still garbage. Weak falls apart. Includes need for high amount of precision. parts need to be bent perfectly first time or they tend to break.

Also this takes longer than beating the game on legendary.

> 2533274849645270;9:
> Also this takes longer than beating the game on legendary.

+1

Where you guys expecting it to be Snaptite?

> 2533274978365412;4:
> They shouldn’t have even included the medal earth model. Instead a mega blocks set or a 3D printed chief (nicer looking than the custom ones)

well they did have that 250 dollar statue. 343 is a moron for setting that price.

> 2533274809541057;11:
> Where you guys expecting it to be Snaptite?

I was expecting it to not be crap…

So… the general consensus behind Metal Earth products is:

> This product and all of the Metal Earth items are not toys. They are an intricate model that takes patience and skill to complete. They were not FUN to put together but challenging. The result s very satisfying and the models striking. Do not give this to a child or anyone who has a short attention span or gets frustrated easily. They are fragile before you start building, during the building process and after. The metal bends very easily and care must be taken to properly shape those pieces that require shaping. The right tools are essential. You will need fine needle nose pliers, tweezers, straight edges for bending, a shear cutter to remove the pieces from the metal sheet and a good magnifying lamp. The effort will be worth it. For your first model you should choose an easy one such as the Washington Monument. Then you can graduate up to the more difficult . Stay away from the tanks until you have gained some experience. These are not your everyday kits.

Took this from a customer review off Amazon.

I feel like giving metal earth was a good idea, but they gave us what is probably the most advanced model available. that was their mistake

Finished it. One broken piece from the head, one piece that fell off during putting the body together (can’t re attach because would need to take apart half the kit), Head attached in 2 places instead of 4 because pins won’t fully reach, Figure was really back heavy so needed to bend it a bit much just to get it to stand, and it’s floppy and flimsy. End product looks okay, but I wouldn’t breathe on it.

So after having some time to “admire” the work and the model after completion I still must say that it doesn’t look that great and was not really worth the effort. It’s kinda neat, but I think metal earth needs to improve their design of the kit. Not worth the time, the effort, or the money. Neat idea but yeah no more metal earth stuff please.

I have the model but have yet to assemble it… I will post feedback when i tackle the project myself

> 2533274873951514;18:
> I have the model but have yet to assemble it… I will post feedback when i tackle the project myself

Magnifying glass, needle nose pliers, tweezers, and a good metal cutter. Before you bend anything triple check that you are going to bend it in the right direction. Final assembly is tricky. A slightly different order of operations for the assembly at the end might be a good idea.