343: Do something about vehicle betrayers

I am sick and tired of people on my team in BTS attacking our vehicles. It’s probably happened in at least 40% of the games I’ve played this weekend and I’m sick of it. This is stupid. It’s probably the #1 complaint I hear from people about BTS and it’s a huge problem. I’m getting to the point now that if I see someone doing it I’m just going to leave the game. I’m sick of getting killed because one of my teammates damaged me or froze me and I’m sick of losing games because we lost a major asset. I don’t know what the best solution would be, but this is ridiculous.

This is a HUGE problem on Halo 4.

Sure, accidents happens, especially when under dourest while attempting to avoid obstacles. But I have seen, been victim of plenty that were no “accident” at all.

For Halo 4 Players who’s only lot in life is to betray his/her own teammates during the game, whether Spartan Ops or War Games matches then their gamer tag should be marked “Traitor” and booted off altogether with the “Traitor” insignia superimposed onto their gamer tag for no less than 24 hours so players in ALL games, whether Halo 4 or otherwise. Can know exactly what they are and thereby avoid having to put up with em for at least a peaceful 24 hour period.

I swear, Shootout in Valhalla is a mess because of this. Often, it’s one Mantis shooting the Banshees while the rest shoot each other.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I was in a match today in Exile. I was red team and I got the tank at the beginning of the match. I was 10 -0 when a player by the gamer tag of {REDACTED} intentionally hit me with the EMP gun twice. He proceeded to tea-bagged my tank and helped the enemy kill me, my own team member. This has happened twice recently when I am on a killing streak, usually in a tank. It is annoying.

Hey 343, how about people can report players by submitting videos and you guys ban them from playing. Maybe a week for first offence, month for second and permanently for a third offence. I saved my video of this player. Have people upload them to waypoint so you guys can review them.

play with a full team of 8 in the meantime til they fix it

> I am sick and tired of people on my team in BTS attacking our vehicles. It’s probably happened in at least 40% of the games I’ve played this weekend and I’m sick of it. This is stupid. It’s probably the #1 complaint I hear from people about BTS and it’s a huge problem. I’m getting to the point now that if I see someone doing it I’m just going to leave the game. I’m sick of getting killed because one of my teammates damaged me or froze me and I’m sick of losing games because we lost a major asset. I don’t know what the best solution would be, but this is ridiculous.

I agree, although I never see anything get blown up unless it is the Mantis or Banshee it does get annoying, and Usually when I jump into a Hog and gun from it my Driver is very clueless and tries to use it as a Splatter vehicle when there is a gun on it for a reason and we either get stuck, rocketed, or emped. It wasn’t like this on reach when it came to the Hog even when there was AL to worry about people used it the way it was meant to be used. I don’t understand why it changed in H4 people seem to think they can and should use it to splatter people when it never works. Logically I would always assume getting too close to someone with a hog would be instant death so driving around and farther away would always make us (Me and my Driver) Last longer on the Battlefield.

What they should do is make it so a teammate can’t destroy your vehicle while your in it, I do like how I can’t be betrayed so I can use the sniper as long as I can and get kills to help out my team which I usually do, But I can see where it becomes a problem because the people that destroy your vehicles don’t get punished for it.

Yep I can’t stand it either. Keeps happening on Exile, get the tank immediately get stuck with grenades by a teammate. Great.

Removing friendly fire was a valiant attempt by 343i to stop griefing and betrayals, but vehicles for some reason aren’t part of that.

343i need to either blanket the whole game with an absence of friendly fire, which I am sure would be exploited somehow, or actually think about why people betray and how to deter them.

I don’t think any in-game mechanic can actually fix it. Personally I think that by playing well and fairly should elevate you to into a pool of similar well-behaved players, and that if you betray and quit and AFK and grief then you should be demoted into a pool of similar jerks. To get out of the jerk pool just play fair.

Surely something this would help right? How hard can this be to implement?

This has been happening since Halo: Combat Evolved.

If you see a guy waiting for a Mantis and then you happen to take it before he does, he might get a little bit pissy.

I would suggest taking out sticky grenads from starting loadouts. Problem solved.

Also if vehicle damage was buffed it would help.

I was playing a game on Ragnarok the other day and a bunch of guys were fighting over the mantis and blowing it up with plasma grenades. Then they tried to go after me (I had the ghost) but thankfully they failed, cause I have mad Ghost skill. lol
Anyways, I remember thinking to myself “Guys like you are the reason we are losing this match.” It was so childish and stupid. Instead of sharing the vehicles and let someone have them, no one had access to the banshee or the mantis and we kept on being killed by the other team’s vehicles.

I feel exactly the same way. I don’t know why they can’t disable friendly fire. How hard can it be?

> Sure, accidents happens, especially when under dourest while attempting to avoid obstacles.

Like this?

Yeah, i hate those idiots, too…

Happened to me twice, yesterday. I’ve got the sniper rifle on Longbow and Ragnarok at the start of the round and i’ve spent half of the round dodging idiot, who was trying to run me over with the Warthog or Ghost to get the sniper rifle.

On Longbow, when i grabbed the sniper rifle, one idiot started to throw plasma grenades at me, then he grabbed Warthog and was trying to run me over for several minutes (his driving skills sucked big time) and when he finally pushed me to the line of enemy fire and they killed me, he grabbed the sniper rifle, sprinted to the left lower base and there he got killed… He got 6 kills and 14 deaths at the end of the game.

On Ragnarok, when the idiot finally managed to kill me with the Ghost after i’ve blown his Warthog up, he immedieately sprinted to the base to wait for the sniper rifle to spawn… And guess what, he’d spent rest of the game sitting in the base, even when there was Banshee flying in circles around our base, so he WOULDN’T GET KILLED BY IT… Idiot couldn’t even shoot that thing down. At the end of the game, he’d had 5 kills and no deaths…

Real assets to the team, both of them. And guess what, our team LOST in both games.

It would be nice, if you could “switch” friendly fire on for the person, that attacked you. You could kill him but he couldn’t kill you. That would teach them a lesson.

Will your teammate die if you blow up the vehicle while it was being hijacked? If no…maybe this is the good part of being able to destroy your teammate’s vehicle? You could save his life!

One of my first games. I got into the Mantis and a teamate threw 2 stickies at me and then rage quit. Its really annoying, if I dont get a vehicle I just play without it.

Haha oh the frustration this has caused me. I went on an Untouchable and had a Perfection going into the last two minutes of a match using the Scorpion on Exile. One of of my teammates decided to get cute and destroyed it using two stickies. Luckily, it didn’t kill me and I still managed to get the Perfection. But still, the amount of vehicle grieving in this game is ridiculous. Since 343 decided to do away with friendly fire in Infinity Slayer, why was friendly vehicle fire ignored?

Vehicle betrayals whether some jerk blows up your Mantis or damages the Banshee are terrible.

QUESTION: Why is it that your teammate can blow up your vehicle with you in it and you don’t die, but your teammate can run you over and you die (when friendly fire is off)?

I get killed once a game while trying to grab the mantis. While in it or running for it… Now I play swat all the time… I would love to be able to boot people for it.

Yeah, this is an issue that 343i should look into. I like that FF was turned off but they should have applied it to vehicle splatters as well!