343 didn't add the Caveat to Waypoint for no reason

I’m pretty sure that the Caveat is gong to be the new ancient enemy of the game. Why else would 343 add it to Waypoint and gve us no info on it just before the release of the ne GameInforemer that is supposed to reveal some Campaign details? They said there is a new threat, and the Caveat is brand new and I know that because the wiki has NO info on it and neither does Waypoint. If the wiki has no info on it, it’s new, seeing as how the wiki has a page for basically everything in the Halo universe except for the Caveat. I think 343 created the Caveat specifically for Halo 4.

Thoughts?

Uh? Caveat? I know I haven’t been in the Universe forum in a while, but what crazy theory have they come up with now?

Think we’ll see them at some point in the game/trilogy, just might not be immediate

link please?

I didnt think it was a species just a warning that there is little info

A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.

Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that I have had for ages.

The link to the Caveat page on Waypoint (can also be found on the Waypoint on the Xbox):

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/caveat/6958f4be-9aab-48e8-a37b-f82c502b0756

The caveat… something we didn’t know about the halos that is going to set them off.

> A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
>
> Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.

I’ve never seen it before just recently.

> A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
>
> Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.

This.

> > A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
> >
> > Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.
>
> I’ve never seen it before just recently.

That’s your problem. Fact is, this isn’t some discovery of a new race. .

> > A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
> >
> > Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.
>
> This.

I guess we’ll find out soon.

> > > A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
> > >
> > > Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.
> >
> > This.
>
> I guess we’ll find out soon.

No we won’t…because the caveat is not an enemy. Well, maybe an enemy to the illiterate.

> > > > A Caveat is a warning preceding a document warning someone about a particular part of the document. In the case of the Bestiary, the fact that the sources used to gather info on Humans, Elites etc is not 100% reliable.
> > > >
> > > > Secondly, it has not just been added. It has been there in the Bestiary since 2007 when it was released. I have that exact same page in my own hard copy that have had for ages.
> > >
> > > This.
> >
> > I guess we’ll find out soon.
>
> No we won’t…because the caveat is not an enemy. Well, maybe an enemy to the illiterate.

Why put it in the Bestiary if it isnt an actual being?

> Why put it in the Bestiary if it isnt an actual being?

It’s like a preface you see in a book, doesn’t make it actually part of the story.

> > Why put it in the Bestiary if it isnt an actual being?
>
> It’s like a preface you see in a book, doesn’t make it actually part of the story.

It has to be something. It mentions the Caveat having a silicon-based DNA/RNA.

> > > Why put it in the Bestiary if it isnt an actual being?
> >
> > It’s like a preface you see in a book, doesn’t make it actually part of the story.
>
> It has to be something. It mentions the Caveat having a silicon-based DNA/RNA.

No, it says DNA/RNA/Sicilion samples, as is samples of the races in the Bestiary.

> > > > Why put it in the Bestiary if it isnt an actual being?
> > >
> > > It’s like a preface you see in a book, doesn’t make it actually part of the story.
> >
> > It has to be something. It mentions the Caveat having a silicon-based DNA/RNA.
>
> No, it says DNA/RNA/Sicilion samples, as is samples of the races in the Bestiary.

What’s the point of adding the Caveat anyways?

> What’s the point of adding the Caveat anyways?

To serve as a warning saying "Hey, not everything is 100% on this according to our (the Forerunners) knowledge. They even say, “Do not reproduce these beings to study” near the end.

> > What’s the point of adding the Caveat anyways?
>
> To serve as a warning saying "Hey, not everything is 100% on this according to our (the Forerunners) knowledge. They even say, “Do not reproduce these beings to study” near the end.

Darn! I was hoping the Caveat would be some new alien race never seen before or at least, never recorded being seen.