343 could tell us if AA's and bloom are in H4. why don't they?

It’s dead simple they’re making the game. People should be told. I and many others want to know.

Considering all the AA hate and the Halo canon I am almost certain that we can have AA free lives. As for bloom, if they don’t take it out(which they really should get rid of that unskilful crap) then they will probably try to make it less but still there. I am just presuming. Pleas 343 don’t bring back any of those disappointments that came with Reach.

I am for bloom and against AA’s.

> I am for bloom and against AA’s.

Its unskilful, that is why most of us dislike it.

Unskillful is not quite accurate,

Inconsistent is. Halo is about consistency and making the right decisions on whats going to happen next, Its like chess, but different. Bloom is just unpredictable and inconsistent.

However something like Gears 3 bloom could add a skill factor to Halo.

Because if they did put AAs and Bloom into Halo 4 there would be a preemptive uprising on the forums.

I personally enjoy the game better without bloom. And isn’t that the entire point? I also hope they don’t bring armor lock to Halo 4.

> Considering all the AA hate and the Halo canon I am almost certain that we can have AA free lives. As for bloom, if they don’t take it out(which they really should get rid of that unskilful crap) then they will probably try to make it less but still there. I am just presuming. Pleas 343 don’t bring back any of those disappointments that came with Reach.

> Because if they did put AAs and Bloom into Halo 4 there would be a preemptive uprising on the forums.

More than an uprise. Probably the biggest flame war the internet has ever known would happen.

I think they like keeping us in suspense, and watching all the flame wars.

I promise you some sort of AA or AA/Halo 3 equipment-equivalent will be in the game. Hopefully there will be multiplayer playlists and default settings without them to satisfy those who don’t like anything but the “golden triangle.” As for the campaign and casual matchmaking playlists, I would enjoy something like AAs.

Not certain if bloom will return, that would be nice if it didn’t.

Halo 4 is under wraps right now. I think it is like any other detail. They’ll have to give these details before anyone buys the game but they don’t have to tell us now.

> It’s dead simple they’re making the game. <mark>People should be told</mark>. I and many others want to know.

You do realize that you’re not entitled to every little piece of info that has your interest? They’re not going to release ANY details yet. It’s not that big of a deal. There’s still a year until it’s released. Be patient.

Dont think they will remowe it. They will probaly take armor abilitys to a new level. When it coems to bloom, it isnt that bad, sure they will probaly change it a little, but dont remowe it. People just have to axept that the halo 3 days are over. Halo is moving on.

And Op, There is still a year left, for all we know they havent decided what to do with the multiplayer yet.

Well, there is about 100 pages of people who signed the “No AA’s in Halo 4 Petition” or whatever it’s called. So, if 343 does put them in…they basically just pissed off a huge amount of the fanbase and are going to disrupt canon and gameplay. Not a good move, so hopefully they’re smart enough to know to not put AA’s in Halo 4 OR some bullsh*t thing like AA’s but are called something else.

No they shouldn’t. There’s a thing called suspense. Where’s the fun if we know everything miles in advance?

Tell us slowly over time. It’s better for keeping us interested/

> Unskillful is not quite accurate,
>
> Inconsistent is. Halo is about consistency and making the right decisions on whats going to happen next, Its like chess, but different. Bloom is just unpredictable and inconsistent.

Bloom is not unpredictable. Your shots become less accurate in a highly predictable way. Pace your shots effectively, and it’s not a problem. It’s just another factor to manage, like reloads and melee.

Also, AAs never bothered me. Those of us who like it aren’t complaining, and aren’t signing petitions. Don’t forget about us, 343. We’re quiet because we’re happy.

> > Unskillful is not quite accurate,
> >
> > Inconsistent is. Halo is about consistency and making the right decisions on whats going to happen next, Its like chess, but different. Bloom is just unpredictable and inconsistent.
>
> Bloom is not unpredictable. Your shots become less accurate in a highly predictable way. Pace your shots effectively, and it’s not a problem. It’s just another factor to manage, like reloads and melee.
>
> Also, AAs never bothered me. Those of us who like it aren’t complaining, and aren’t signing petitions. Don’t forget about us, 343. We’re quiet because we’re happy.

Umm… that huge expanding reticule? Where bullets can spread on top of that? Even in a no bloom setting (bloom set to 0%) There is still bullet spread. What this tells me is that bloom is simply the increase of bullet spread as shots occur and the decrease as time goes on. Bloom increases bullet spread. Bullet spread in Reach is HIGHLY unpredictable and so even if you are DEAD on target you can still miss and even if your opponent is off he can still hit you, and thanks to the lovely mechanic known as bullet magnetism that’s actually quite likely to happen.

Okay okay think about this. I’ll give you this o now hit this period with it .
okay now I’m going to tell you that the only way you can hit that period is if your shot hits it and no matter where you placed that o on that . you have a 1/3 chance of hitting it. Now I’m going to tell you that the next time you shoot you get a circle like this O and then ( ) and each time you shoot that LUCK er I mean probability factor increases over your skill factor.
Do you understand what I’m saying?

Oh pace your shots hur de durr
-.- I’m sorry but if I can aim and hit him 5 times because we’re both strafing but he’s too concentrated on his strafe to hit his trigger faster than me I should get that kill as in this situation I’m more focused in all aspects. I shouldn’t have to fire slower because if I shoot too fast I can’t hit him which puts us on even ground. This mechanic slows down Halo soo much it’s ridiculous.
edit: added in that last paragraph

> Do you understand what I’m saying?

Yes, you’re saying that as bloom increases, you have less chance of hitting, which is not only obvious, it doesn’t relate to what I said… bloom was described as “unpredictable”. So I said “Your shots become less accurate in a highly predictable way”. I did not say “Your shots land in a highly predictable way.”

When you fire a bullet, bloom increases. This is a 100% predictable event. If you can predict it, you don’t have to be a slave to its effect. Do you understand what I’m saying?

After a slightly ranty couple of paragraphs, you added the last paragraph, which actually tries to address the point I made.

> Oh pace your shots hur de durr
> -.- I’m sorry but

Why do people say this when they so clearly aren’t sorry?

> if I can aim and hit him 5 times because we’re both strafing but he’s too concentrated on his strafe to hit his trigger faster than me I should get that kill as in this situation I’m more focused in all aspects. I shouldn’t have to fire slower because if I shoot too fast I can’t hit him which puts us on even ground.

You think that shooting at the same speed as someone puts you on “even ground”. It doesn’t. If the game was “who can shoot the quickest”, then yes, it would. The winner is the player who can best manage the following factors:

1. Aim - headshots obviously work better.
  2. Distance - what amount of bloom is most likely to cause a miss? Leading to…
  3. …Pacing - it’s not just about firing slowly, it’s about grouping your shots - at a moderate range, you can fire off shots in pairs or triples before having to ease off. The point you ease off is related to the distance factor above. It’s also related to…
  4. …Risk - is it worth firing one more shot to get the kill? Or will that leave me open?
  5. Reloads - is it time to switch weapon? Is the other guy about to reload?
  6. Melee
  7. Movement

So in actual fact, bloom substitutes one “skill”, pulling the trigger fastest, with two or three actual skills. That’s not worse. It’s just different.

I don’t think he was looking for a “I hate” or “I like” thread here. He just wants a simple answer to a simple question. It is a fair question that deserves an from 343ind. Some of you really can’t just let a thread be it’s own without muddying it up with your B.S. every single time.