343, consider releasing Infection ASAP

343, if the mode is in a playable state, I advise you to release it. The playlist will need community maps just like Grifball at launch, and there’s Forgers who may need time with the gametype to start building maps now. It’s not going to be a pretty sight if you release Infection, THEN have players wait another whole month or two AFTER it’s released to start adding community maps, modes, or other things to the playlist that are tailor-made for Infection.

Here’s what I fear: Adding Infection at such a late time, only to likely put it on the same base Arena maps at launch, will be another nail in the coffin.

I’m not saying the wait has made me or the community impatient, nor am I saying you should rush something out the door if it isn’t finished, (though I’m personally confident it is) but Halo 5 is quickly approaching being a year old, and delaying (modes specifically) any further at this point, is not advisable I feel. It’s just going to burn some people out on the game faster.

This way the Reach update could focus more on say, adding maps to Infection, adding modes in general, or other things I can’t immediately think of I dunno.

I just don’t see any point in Infection waiting any longer, is all.

The man’s got a point. We’ve waited half a year for this alone, and we only have your support guaranteed for another what, 2-3 months?

You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen. You can wait a couple of more weeks.

> 2533274903392888;3:
> You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen.

Which is why I’m suggesting it.

It’s not about how long I personally can wait…

> 2535460843083983;1:
> in a playable state whatsoever, I advise you to release it.

Bro relax. You want it to be fully playable when it releases. And let’s be honest, if it’s not perfect when it releases there will be severe backlash. Actually…even if it is perfect there will be severe backlash.

> 2535460843083983;4:
> > 2533274903392888;3:
> > You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen.
>
>
> Which is why I’m suggesting it.
> It’s not about how long I personally can wait…

I don’t even know why you’re suggesting this.

If it’s sorta playable and they release it, and it has bugs, people will complain. And then everyone will be all, “Omg 343 broke it again!”

So just let them release things on their own schedule because they know their game/engine better than random people on the forums.

Your getting infection show some gratitude.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2535460843083983;4:
> > > 2533274903392888;3:
> > > You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen.
> >
> >
> > Which is why I’m suggesting it.
> > It’s not about how long I personally can wait…
>
>
> I don’t even know why you’re suggesting this.
> If it’s sorta playable and they release it, and it has bugs, people will complain. And then everyone will be all, “Omg 343 broke it again!”
> So just let them release things on their own schedule because they know their game/engine better than random people on the forums.

It’s honestly really sad that you’re a monitor and you show immaturity on the forums by disrespecting the halo community and call us “random people” and state that 343 know “better.” There are much more deserving and mature people i know on these forums that would like the monitor position

> 2533274875982754;7:
> Your getting infection show some gratitude.

You know as well as I do that without community maps it’s not going to be very good.

It will be fun for maybe 5 games, give or take.

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2535460843083983;4:
> >
> >
>
>
>
> If it’s sorta playable and they release it, and it has bugs, people will complain. And then everyone will be all, “Omg 343 broke it again!”
>
> So just let them release things on their own schedule because they know their game/engine better than random people on the forums.

My wording was deliberate. ASAP as you well know, is an acronym for saying ‘as soon as possible’.

If it would be broken were they to release it today, then that would make it not possible, wouldn’t it? Lol I’m just saying that… when it is at all possible, they should do it early.

Remember when Grifball came out right after the stream and it had a gamebreaking bug in it? Everyone complained up their Yoink!

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2535460843083983;4:
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

Thing is, the “someone’s going to complain” argument is a nonfactor. What’s the logical conclusion of that? Someone’s going to complain anyway, so let’s ship every box without a disc? An extreme example, I know, but the fact is that you’re never going to please everybody. Frankly, complaints are inevitable because there’s nothing they can possibly deliver that will make cynical -Yoinks!- such as myself say “yup, this sure justified a half a year delay”.

Besides, history has shown that it’s not so much “delay until it’s perfect” as it is “delay it until we’ve done all we can and still leave in horrendous problems such as spawning on the assault noctus, forge throwing a fit if you delete all the spawn points, the infamous armory glitch, etc”. And I know it’s not entirely fair to throw all of this at 343’s feet since a handful of individuals are much more likely to overlook an issue than the thousands of people who are all playing with their new toy all at once, but isn’t that all the more reason to launch sooner rather than later so that problems can be found quicker meaning problems will be fixed sooner?

> 2533274833081329;10:
> Remember when Grifball came out right after the stream and it had a gamebreaking bug in it? Everyone complained up their Yoink!

Case in point. No matter how meticulous 343’s playtesting may or may not have been, they did not find this problem. It took all of us playtesting the gametype and map to find it.

> 2535460843083983;9:
> > 2533274875982754;7:
> > Your getting infection show some gratitude.
>
>
> You know as well as I do that without community maps it’s not going to be very good.
>
> It will be fun for maybe 5 games, give or take.

What if told you 343 may or may not have been working on custom variants for Infection?

> 2533274903392888;12:
> > 2535460843083983;9:
> > > 2533274875982754;7:
> > > Your getting infection show some gratitude.
> >
> >
> > You know as well as I do that without community maps it’s not going to be very good.
> >
> > It will be fun for maybe 5 games, give or take.
>
>
> What if told you 343 may or may not have been working on custom variants for Infection?

I’d point you in the direction of the update that stated (and I paraphrase) here are the ingredients for oddball, build it yourself. It’ll be like Ikea, but without those meatballs and that delicious berry sauce. Your scenario isn’t impossible, but precedent says it’s unlikely.

> 2533274823519895;13:
> > 2533274903392888;12:
> > > 2535460843083983;9:
> > > > 2533274875982754;7:
> > > > Your getting infection show some gratitude.
> > >
> > >
> > > You know as well as I do that without community maps it’s not going to be very good.
> > >
> > > It will be fun for maybe 5 games, give or take.
> >
> >
> > What if told you 343 may or may not have been working on custom variants for Infection?
>
>
> I’d point you in the direction of the update that stated (and I paraphrase) here are the ingredients for oddball, build it yourself. It’ll be like Ikea, but without those meatballs and that delicious berry sauce. Your scenario isn’t impossible, but precedent says it’s unlikely.

Well I’m referring to maps that designed for Infectio, mainly edited dev maps but there are maps out there for a playlist.

> 2533274823519895;11:
> > 2533274796457055;6:
> > > 2535460843083983;4:
> > > > 2533274903392888;3:
> > > > You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen.
> > >
> > >
> > > Which is why I’m suggesting it.
> > > It’s not about how long I personally can wait…
> >
> >
> > I don’t even know why you’re suggesting this.
> >
> > If it’s sorta playable and they release it, and it has bugs, people will complain. And then everyone will be all, “Omg 343 broke it again!”
> >
> > So just let them release things on their own schedule because they know their game/engine better than random people on the forums.
>
>
> Thing is, the “someone’s going to complain” argument is a nonfactor. What’s the logical conclusion of that? Someone’s going to complain anyway, so let’s ship every box without a disc? An extreme example, I know, but the fact is that you’re never going to please everybody. Frankly, complaints are inevitable because there’s nothing they can possibly deliver that will make cynical -Yoinks!- such as myself say “yup, this sure justified a half a year delay”.
>
> Besides, history has shown that it’s not so much “delay until it’s perfect” as it is “delay it until we’ve done all we can and still leave in horrendous problems such as spawning on the assault noctus, forge throwing a fit if you delete all the spawn points, the infamous armory glitch, etc”. And I know it’s not entirely fair to throw all of this at 343’s feet since a handful of individuals are much more likely to overlook an issue than the thousands of people who are all playing with their new toy all at once, but isn’t that all the more reason to launch sooner rather than later so that problems can be found quicker meaning problems will be fixed sooner?
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274833081329;10:
> > Remember when Grifball came out right after the stream and it had a gamebreaking bug in it? Everyone complained up their Yoink!
>
>
> Case in point. No matter how meticulous 343’s playtesting may or may not have been, they did not find this problem. It took all of us playtesting the gametype and map to find it.

Most people will never go into a gametype, or anything in Halo, in that mind set. If something is broken, people will negatively complain regardless and say it’s because of 343i’s incompetence.

“We’re consumers, not playtesters, fix your product 3v4i!”

It’s been prevalent in many games, from MCC to GTA V

What makes you think they aren’t releasing it as soon as possible? This thread is silly.

> 2535435435032153;8:
> Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274796457055;6:
> > > 2535460843083983;4:
> > > > 2533274903392888;3:
> > > > You, I, and everyone here know that’s not going to happen.
> > >
> > >
> > > Which is why I’m suggesting it.
> > > It’s not about how long I personally can wait…
> >
> >
> > I don’t even know why you’re suggesting this.
> > If it’s sorta playable and they release it, and it has bugs, people will complain. And then everyone will be all, “Omg 343 broke it again!”
> > So just let them release things on their own schedule because they know their game/engine better than random people on the forums.
>
>
> It’s honestly really sad that you’re a monitor and you show immaturity on the forums by disrespecting the halo community and call us “random people” and state that 343 know “better.” There are much more deserving and mature people i know on these forums that would like the monitor position
>

Disrespecting the community? You must be confusing this post with your “yoinking casual infection nut herders” post that showed up on the forums 30 mins ago

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2535460843083983;4:
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

This is the result of the ‘instant gratification’ society we’ve created. You’ve already waited months, what’s a few more weeks?