343 COMMITED SUICIDE

They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts

I am a 343 hater through and through. However, I must inform you that 343 has absolutely no input on development of this game. It is being made by Creative Assembly the studio behind the Total War franchise. Generally they are an excellent RTS developer.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

Hey OP. Did you forget to put your helmet on when you got out of your car bed this morning? You idiot. 343 IS NOT DEVELOPING. THEYRE PUBLISHING AND GIVING RESOURCES TO CREATIVE BECAUSE HALO IS THEIR PROPERTY.
Go be a moron elsewhere

> 2535417755221851;1:
> They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts

First before I start, this is a beta, the game releases in around 8 months, and with that lets get to it. The factions idea would be cool but it isn’t as simple as you think it is, it is much harder to balance a game that has playable factions that operate TOTALLY different from the two main factions such as the flood. The flood, infects, they don’t make their own vehicles or bases unless you count a gravemind so they would be hard to set up. Forerunners are either dead or in hiding. Prometheans could work but then again, it will take a lot of time to add them in and they probably have no relevance to the story so…why? But then again they could make it in the final product, the beta is for bugs not to expose the entire game.

> 2533274825333224;3:
> Hey OP. Did you forget to put your helmet on when you got out of your car bed this morning? You idiot. 343 IS NOT DEVELOPING. THEYRE PUBLISHING AND GIVING RESOURCES TO CREATIVE BECAUSE HALO IS THEIR PROPERTY.
>
> Go be a moron elsewhere

Uhhhh of course i know… But at the end of the day it’s their name who will be attached to this…

> 2535406272231884;4:
> > 2535417755221851;1:
> > They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts
>
>
> First before I start, this is a beta, the game releases in around 8 months, and with that lets get to it. The factions idea would be cool but it isn’t as simple as you think it is, it is much harder to balance a game that has playable factions that operate TOTALLY different from the two main factions such as the flood. The flood, infects, they don’t make their own vehicles or bases unless you count a gravemind so they would be hard to set up. Forerunners are either dead or in hiding. Prometheans could work but then again, it will take a lot of time to add them in and they probably have no relevance to the story so…why? But then again they could make it in the final product, the beta is for bugs not to expose the entire game.

Why are you talking about the beta? Clearly said E3… To use the stage to excite… Their could be other factions but why not unveil that on the biggest stage your gonna get

> 2533274817747391;2:
> I am a 343 hater through and through. However, I must inform you that 343 has absolutely no input on development of this game. It is being made by Creative Assembly the studio behind the Total War franchise. Generally they are an excellent RTS developer.

Ik who’s making the game but ik who marketing and name will be attached to it…

> 2535417755221851;7:
> > 2533274817747391;2:
> > I am a 343 hater through and through. However, I must inform you that 343 has absolutely no input on development of this game. It is being made by Creative Assembly the studio behind the Total War franchise. Generally they are an excellent RTS developer.
>
>
> Ik who’s making the game but ik who marketing and name will be attached to it…

Microsoft is the key to marketing, not developers, any issues involving halo wars 2 doesn’t explicity reflect on 343. Please stop making me defend 343, I might puke.

Translation: the beta is not exactly how I like it therefore it sucks, and they must change it to be able to save the franchise.

> 2533274817747391;8:
> > 2535417755221851;7:
> > > 2533274817747391;2:
> > > I am a 343 hater through and through. However, I must inform you that 343 has absolutely no input on development of this game. It is being made by Creative Assembly the studio behind the Total War franchise. Generally they are an excellent RTS developer.
> >
> >
> > Ik who’s making the game but ik who marketing and name will be attached to it…
>
>
> Microsoft is the key to marketing, not developers, any issues involving 343 doesn’t explicity reflect on them. Please stop making me defend 343, I might puke.

True but your missing what I’m saying… Do I got to Microsoft or xboxlive to discuss the game or to Creative Assembly… We come to 343i as they are the face and still have some input on the game…

> 2535417755221851;10:
> > 2533274817747391;8:
> > > 2535417755221851;7:
> > > > 2533274817747391;2:
> > > > I am a 343 hater through and through. However, I must inform you that 343 has absolutely no input on development of this game. It is being made by Creative Assembly the studio behind the Total War franchise. Generally they are an excellent RTS developer.
> > >
> > >
> > > Ik who’s making the game but ik who marketing and name will be attached to it…
> >
> >
> > Microsoft is the key to marketing, not developers, any issues involving 343 doesn’t explicity reflect on them. Please stop making me defend 343, I might puke.
>
>
> True but your missing what I’m saying… Do I got to Microsoft or xboxlive to discuss the game or to Creative Assembly… We come to 343i as they are the face and still have some input on the game…

They really don’t as they have no experience whatsoever in RTS games. They oversee the whole franchise yes, but have no real involvement in halo wars 2. PLZ stop I hate defending 343, as they don’t deserve it, however the truth is still important. Waypoint is simply the Microsoft owned hub for all things halo. It is not defined by 343, it is defined by Microsoft, hence the gametag/Microsoft account login. 343 has their own site in 343industries.org.

Idk if you are a 343 hater too, but if you are at least we have that to agree on.

> 2535417755221851;5:
> > 2533274825333224;3:
> > Hey OP. Did you forget to put your helmet on when you got out of your car bed this morning? You idiot. 343 IS NOT DEVELOPING. THEYRE PUBLISHING AND GIVING RESOURCES TO CREATIVE BECAUSE HALO IS THEIR PROPERTY.
> >
> > Go be a moron elsewhere
>
>
> Uhhhh of course i know… But at the end of the day it’s their name who will be attached to this…

Then make a contribution to the community instead of crying about a brand

> 2535406272231884;4:
> > 2535417755221851;1:
> > They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts
>
>
> First before I start, this is a beta, the game releases in around 8 months, and with that lets get to it. The factions idea would be cool but it isn’t as simple as you think it is, it is much harder to balance a game that has playable factions that operate TOTALLY different from the two main factions such as the flood. The flood, infects, they don’t make their own vehicles or bases unless you count a gravemind so they would be hard to set up. Forerunners are either dead or in hiding. Prometheans could work but then again, it will take a lot of time to add them in and they probably have no relevance to the story so…why? But then again they could make it in the final product, the beta is for bugs not to expose the entire game.

hard to balance 3 distinct races, but not impossible.

Blizzard did it with Star Craft.

Heck Halo Wars essentially has the same template

UNSC= Terrans
Covenant=Protoss
Flood=Zerg

They are so much alike in combat philosophy it boggles the mind why the Flood weren’t included as third playable race in the first Halo Wars
If the excuse is the reason Promethean, Flood or a Forerunner variant are not in skirmish mode is because it doesn’t fit campaign cannon…then why wasn’t the Flood made available in the first game since they feature prominently in the first game?
If the excuse the variations in the two factions is enough, Command and Conquer Tiberium wars had 3 races as well as 3 variations for each of those races and Tiberium Wars and Kane’s Wrath were both on the Xbox 360.

Heck Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 on the Xbox360 had heaps of races available to use in skirmish mode.

Why does the skirmish mode have to adhere to campaign cannon, who actually really cares for that in multiplayer matches?
You can have USNC vs UNSC in skirmish mode. it doesn’t need a story to explain why they are pitted against each other, nor do you need one to have a Forerunner, Flood or Promethean as playable race in skirmish modes.

The reasons for not having it do not make sense.

> 2535464839815963;9:
> Translation: the beta is not exactly how I like it therefore it sucks, and they must change it to be able to save the franchise.

actually it’s not like how many like it, considering the many issues brought up by posters.

> 2533274831500729;13:
> > 2535406272231884;4:
> > > 2535417755221851;1:
> > > They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts
> >
> >
> > First before I start, this is a beta, the game releases in around 8 months, and with that lets get to it. The factions idea would be cool but it isn’t as simple as you think it is, it is much harder to balance a game that has playable factions that operate TOTALLY different from the two main factions such as the flood. The flood, infects, they don’t make their own vehicles or bases unless you count a gravemind so they would be hard to set up. Forerunners are either dead or in hiding. Prometheans could work but then again, it will take a lot of time to add them in and they probably have no relevance to the story so…why? But then again they could make it in the final product, the beta is for bugs not to expose the entire game.
>
>
> hard to balance 3 distinct races, but not impossible.
>
> Blizzard did it with Star Craft.
>
> Heck Halo Wars essentially has the same template
>
> UNSC= Terrans
> Covenant=Protoss
> Flood=Zerg
>
> They are so much alike in combat philosophy it boggles the mind why the Flood weren’t included as third playable race in the first Halo Wars
> If the excuse is the reason Promethean, Flood or a Forerunner variant are not in skirmish mode is because it doesn’t fit campaign cannon…then why wasn’t the Flood made available in the first game since they feature prominently in the first game?
> If the excuse the variations in the two factions is enough, Command and Conquer Tiberium wars had 3 races as well as 3 variations for each of those races and Tiberium Wars and Kane’s Wrath were both on the Xbox 360.
>
> Heck Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 on the Xbox360 had heaps of races available to use in skirmish mode.
>
> Why does the skirmish mode have to adhere to campaign cannon, who actually really cares for that in multiplayer matches?
> You can have USNC vs UNSC in skirmish mode. it doesn’t need a story to explain why they are pitted against each other, nor do you need one to have a Forerunner, Flood or Promethean as playable race in skirmish modes.
>
> The reasons for not having it do not make sense.

How would you even make flood a playable race? What use would they have for resources? Corpses are their resource. Not to mention there aren’t very many flood forms out there. It would severely limit what you could do with them. Same goes for Prometheans.

> 2533274831500729;14:
> > 2535464839815963;9:
> > Translation: the beta is not exactly how I like it therefore it sucks, and they must change it to be able to save the franchise.
>
>
> actually it’s not like how many like it, considering the many issues brought up by posters.

That’s because the amount of whiners in the community outnumbers the amount of people who don’t like carbon copies.

> 2661949065475413;15:
> > 2533274831500729;13:
> > > 2535406272231884;4:
> > > > 2535417755221851;1:
> > > > They had the biggest stage to build the hype for this game at E3 but they shot themselves in the foot. Hear me out. Majority of the people looking forward to this game is HW1 vets so why not use the stage to wow your fans. Introducing the flood,forerunners, or promethians as a playable faction would have built so much excitement that a lot of the flaws of this beta would have been overlooked due to sheer excitement of the addition of new races. They will never have a bigger stage to promote their game to old players and a chance to bring in new ones. Even with the new units in each faction the game feels stale. Just my thoughts
>
>
> How would you even make flood a playable race? What use would they have for resources? Corpses are their resource. Not to mention there aren’t very many flood forms out there. It would severely limit what you could do with them. Same goes for Prometheans.

By implementing gameplay mechanics that follow the other races and throw out the whole “need to be as canonically close as possible” mentality for the sake of making good games?
By coming up with new forms perhaps?
We sure weren’t aware of Promethean Soldiers in Halo 4, but here they still are. Someone thought of them at some point and they got implemented.

As Yatzhee pointed out in his Doom review.
It doesn’t make sense that killing a demon with a chainsaw makes it rain ammo, from any point of view. Gameplay wise it does because you use a chainsaw when you’re out of ammo.
It doesn’t make sense that killing a demon through a glory kill makes it rain health and in some cases ammo and / or armor, but it’s a reward for getting close and personal through moving around.

As far as I’m concerned, the Zerg in starcraft does canonically not use crystals or gas, correct me if I’m wrong though, but it’s made that way gameplay wise to not over complicate anything.

As cool as the flood would be, I think it would be nearly impossible to make them an actual functioning group without some serious flaws. How would they get resources, troops, vehicles, air units? It wouldn’t make sense

i think i would -Yoinking!- break a huge hole in my house out of excitement for playing as the Prometheans or flood. i think the prometheans would be better as the flood would be hard to balance

I think you need to look up the definition of suicide.