343 charging extra for release-day maps

> Ow, please, stop! Please, you’re hurting me! 343, what did I do? What did I do wrong?! Stop! Please, I’m begging you!

Please tell me how they are?

> Please tell me how they are?

I’m seeing the same as you are. They’re doing nothing wrong.

Hell, the maps may not even be polished until release.

It’s about the same amount of money to buy them separately - each Map Pack is $10, there’s 3 map packs included, which rounds to $30, plus the $60-$70 for the game, going to $100.

EDIT: People below are saying you don’t get them until release - pretty sure you get them as day one DLC.

Disregard that

“Um… they aren’t.” - Everyone but you

There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.

If this is about the map packs, they will be released in the FUTURE!

> There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.

No, you get the first 3 map packs on the first day.

> > There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.
>
> No, you get the first 3 map packs on the first day.

Nope,

> > Will I get the three map packs immediatly when I buy the Limited Edition?
>
> No. You’ll get them on the future date of release of each individual map pack.

> > There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.
>
> No, you get the first 3 map packs on the first day.

> The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes <mark>access</mark> to nine maps - three <mark>future</mark> competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download <mark>post-launch on Xbox LIVE</mark>. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of <mark>future DLC</mark> with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

You can download the maps for free when they are released. No where does it mention or even hint at Day 1 DLC.

> > > There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.
> >
> > No, you get the first 3 map packs on the first day.
>
>
>
> > The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes <mark>access</mark> to nine maps - three <mark>future</mark> competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download <mark>post-launch on Xbox LIVE</mark>. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of <mark>future DLC</mark> with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!
>
> You can download the maps for free when they are released. No where does it mention or even hint at Day 1 DLC.

Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!

> > > There are no first day DLC maps. People who buy the Limited Edition just get the first 3 map packs for free.
> >
> > No, you get the first 3 map packs on the first day.
>
>
>
> > The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes <mark>access</mark> to nine maps - three <mark>future</mark> competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download <mark>post-launch on Xbox LIVE</mark>. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of <mark>future DLC</mark> with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!
>
> You can download the maps for free when they are released. No where does it mention or even hint at Day 1 DLC.

Sorry, xbox.com is a bit misleading.

> Three map packs on day of release for a total of 9 exciting maps

Not sure if mistake or 343 is lying.

> Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!

And hey, while he is at that, perhaps YOU could give us a link where it says they will be available on the first day? Because NO site I have looked at thus far says anything about it being day 1.

And just as I got done saying how the Halo 4 section is peaceful… this thread pops up.

OP - B.S. angel, as quoted above, has already clarified the Limited Edition DLC maps are going to be released in the Future and when they become available, the people who per-order will have a means to download them for free.

> > Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!
>
> And hey, while he is at that, perhaps YOU could give us a link where it says they will be available on the first day? Because NO site I have looked at thus far says anything about it being day 1.

xbox.com itself; the same link BS Angel showed in the Weekly Bulletin. Now do you understand why I’m confused?

At the bottom.

> > Three map packs on day of release for a total of 9 exciting maps
>
> Not sure if mistake or 343 is lying.

That’s not in the bulletin.

Edit: It means the day of the map pack’s release, not the game’s release.

Do you really think 343 would release 3 800MS point map packs on the day of the game’s release?

> > > Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!
> >
> > And hey, while he is at that, perhaps YOU could give us a link where it says they will be available on the first day? Because NO site I have looked at thus far says anything about it being day 1.
>
> xbox.com itself; the same link BS Angel showed in the Weekly Bulletin. Now do you understand why I’m confused?

And then later she said this …

> > Will I get the three map packs immediatly when I buy the Limited Edition?
>
> No. You’ll get them on the future date of release of each individual map pack.

In the military, we always followed the most current information. That site could tell me I get 30 pounds of bacon and 20 hookers with the Limited Edition. If someone from 343 comes out later and says “No.” I’d be inclined to believe them.

> > > Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!
> >
> > And hey, while he is at that, perhaps YOU could give us a link where it says they will be available on the first day? Because NO site I have looked at thus far says anything about it being day 1.
>
> xbox.com itself; the same link BS Angel showed in the Weekly Bulletin. Now do you understand why I’m confused?
>
> At the bottom.

That’s poorly worded. It should read that you get the map packs for free on day of release of the map packs, NOT the game.

> > > > Please, highlight more! Especially the part where it says the map packs will be free!
> > >
> > > And hey, while he is at that, perhaps YOU could give us a link where it says they will be available on the first day? Because NO site I have looked at thus far says anything about it being day 1.
> >
> > xbox.com itself; the same link BS Angel showed in the Weekly Bulletin. Now do you understand why I’m confused?
> >
> > At the bottom.
>
> That’s poorly worded. It should read that you get the map packs for free on day of release of the map packs, NOT the game.

Its basically an IOU lol.

Thanks for the clarification, guys; that’s a lot fair-er. :slight_smile:

343 said the maps where to be released later so your argument is invalid OP.