343 can you show us the power of the Xbox One X

Any way you can post screenshots of H5 and HW2 before and after 4K HDR assets so we can see the difference? I have a Xbox One X pre-ordered and plan on upgrading my tv in the near future. I would love to see the difference this new console makes.

I would love to see the difference myself, however, I don’t have a 4k TV currently. So the screen shots wouldn’t be very useful (:

I have an xbox one s, a 4k tv and the difference is amazing. Right now the games are only upscaled but definition and color are awesome. I got a console update at the beginning of the month that added Dolby Atmos if you’re thinking about upgrading your man cave…lol. (also have an Atmos home theater receiver.)

It also has the power to demand $500 for the ability to play the same games.

Buuuuut you do get some better looks out of it.

Is it too nerdy that I plan on taking out a loan just to afford the One X and a good 4K tv?

> 2533274856059836;5:
> Is it too nerdy that I plan on taking out a loan just to afford the One X and a good 4K tv?

pretty nerdy…but it seems you really want it through heart
then its werfh it

I hope so, planning on getting one for Christmas cant wait, I hope it lives up to its expectations though.

> 2533274929366856;7:
> I hope so, planning on getting one for Christmas cant wait, I hope it lives up to its expectations though.

Im guessing it will because of how badly playstation fanboys are having meltdowns over this system.

Plus right now there is over 130 confirmed games getting 4k/hdr assets and there is still possibly more coming with a month and a half til the system is released. Delelopers have had a lot of positive to say about the system.

> 2533274856059836;5:
> Is it too nerdy that I plan on taking out a loan just to afford the One X and a good 4K tv?

BEST financial decision ever. Luckily i already have a 4k tv or i’d do the same thing.

I wouldn’t expect it to look much different, depending on the size of the screen. Everything will mostly look the same, but with more pixels in it.

> 2533274803493024;10:
> I wouldn’t expect it to look much different, depending on the size of the screen. Everything will mostly look the same, but with more pixels in it.

Definitely a small screen wouldn’t be worth it. 55" and above is where they shine.

ill be using 1080p screen, so ill rather have an option to turn off supersampling and 4k textures, and run the game with large amount of overhead to keep up super stable framerate, without jitter/tearing/frame passing issues.
Im sure any competitive scene would want the same…

> 2533274843446007;11:
> > 2533274803493024;10:
> > I wouldn’t expect it to look much different, depending on the size of the screen. Everything will mostly look the same, but with more pixels in it.
>
> Definitely a small screen wouldn’t be worth it. 55" and above is where they shine.

Not necessarily. First of all, there’s the obvious fact that everything is relative to your viewing distance. While 55" might be adequate for a living room, you probably wouldn’t want that as a desktop monitor.

However, very high pixel densities actually make a lot of sense for games due to aliasing. In high contrast scenes, it becomes very easy to distinguish even features that are as small as one pixel, especially when the features are moving about. For example, in this anti-aliasing test I made the colors match your realistic worst case scenario in a game (e.g., black power lines against a blue sky). Even on my 32" 4K monitor, I can easily distinguish the aliasing artifacts at a distance of 2.5 meters when the anti-aliasing is off, and it actually gets worse when the anti-aliasing is on.

You choose a large screen (relative to your viewing distance), if seeing all the detail is all you care about. But in games, you don’t necessarily want to see all the detail, because that also exposes you to all the artifacting. I personally think that as far as games are concerned, a big reason to go for 4K over 1080p is to make aliasing less noticeable, and that can only happen if you actually incerase the angular resolution, and don’t just get a screen twice as big as your previous one.

So, ultimately, it all depends on your specific set-up, and what you want. There’s no one size fits all when it comes to choosing a display.