343 called my bluff

I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.

But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.

Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.

343, you called my bluff. Good job!

EDIT- Enough with the unwarranted negativity! I made this post to express my excitement and enthusiasm for a cool new feature. Haters can take a hike; who else is pumped that this is an option?

> 2535427648248832;1:
> I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
>
> But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
>
> Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
>
> 343, you called my bluff. Good job!

Good for you, I honestly think this is quite the selfish action. At least make it take a bigilion points so we have the illusion we’ll eventually get it.

I am not sure if I will buy it or not. odds are I eventually will but who knows. no master chief voice is lame and I am one of the few who doesn’t mind commander Palmer.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> I am not sure if I will buy it or not. odds are I eventually will but who knows. no master chief voice is lame and I am one of the few who doesn’t mind commander Palmer.

agree on palmer, dont care about her.

Yeah it’s very cool. I wouldn’t mind it. But only thing I ever got was the first hcs set.
To me its not breaking 343 thing on free dlc. Its not like it maps or game mode you cant play unless you pay.
I thought wasn’t really gonna be anything free after July 2016. So all the maps and stuff since then has just been bonus:) to me.
I still say those who bought the game system Xbox one halo 5 ed. Should get all things free.

$9.99 for a completely optional set of voices? And BUCK on top of that? Yeah, I’ll be getting the second I can do so.Also looking forward to Exuberant somehow… I actually think she’s kind of cute (For a monitor, that is) and it’d be like using Cortana way back in Reach’s Firefight days.

If this was us paying for a new set of Arena maps or possibly worse, paying to get power weapons/vehicles free players couldn’t get, THEN I could take issue. No harm here though.

I want it.

I don’t want to spend $10.

I really want it.

I don’t want to spend $10 when I’m saving up for Scorpio.

I want it soooooo much.

I should get it.

I don’t need it.

I don’t need to need it, it’s enough to want it.

Frivolous.

Necessary.

Stupid.

So cool.

I’m definitely getting it. Maybe. Or not. Can’t really decide. Yet. I’ll decide soon. Or maybe later. Yeah, later. It’s not going anywhere, right? Or is it? Does anyone know? Is this a limited-time deal? Oh, crap.

> 2533274873843883;7:
> I want it.
>
> I don’t want to spend $10.
>
> I really want it.
>
> I don’t want to spend $10 when I’m saving up for Scorpio.
>
> I want it soooooo much.
>
> I should get it.
>
> I don’t need it.
>
> I don’t need to need it, it’s enough to want it.
>
> Frivolous.
>
> Necessary.
>
> Stupid.
>
> So cool.
>
> I’m definitely getting it. Maybe. Or not. Can’t really decide. Yet. I’ll decide soon. Or maybe later. Yeah, later. It’s not going anywhere, right? Or is it? Does anyone know? Is this a limited-time deal? Oh, crap.

Just wait until everyone starts loving it the same day. I’m guessing the grunt might wear on people a little as with the rest, but it will definitely bring a little variance into everything

I’m too poor to afford this.

> 2535427648248832;1:
> I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
>
> But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
>
> Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
>
> 343, you called my bluff. Good job!

“Support they have shown for H5”

I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.

Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?

On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.

But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…

And people still continue to thank them for it.

You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: “I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.

Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.

> 2533274884722193;10:
> > 2535427648248832;1:
> > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> >
> > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> >
> > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> >
> > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
>
> “Support they have shown for H5”
>
> I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
>
> Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
>
> On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
>
> But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
>
> And people still continue to thank them for it.
>
> You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: **“I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.**Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.

Nailed it. Thank you to all the sell outs like OP for making this dream a reality!

golf clap this story wins. I agree, need more Buck in my life.

> 2533274819580184;11:
> > 2533274884722193;10:
> > > 2535427648248832;1:
> > > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> > >
> > > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> > >
> > > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> > >
> > > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
> >
> > “Support they have shown for H5”
> >
> > I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
> >
> > Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
> >
> > On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
> >
> > But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
> >
> > And people still continue to thank them for it.
> >
> > You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: **“I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.**Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.
>
> Nailed it. Thank you to all the sell outs like OP for making this dream a reality!

Says the guy who likes the game enough to have earned the Achilles helm. Nothing to say to you.

> 2533274884722193;10:
> > 2535427648248832;1:
> > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> >
> > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> >
> > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> >
> > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
>
> “Support they have shown for H5”
>
> I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
>
> Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
>
> On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
>
> But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
>
> And people still continue to thank them for it.
>
> You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: “I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.
>
> Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.

Yeah, I am proud to be supporting this game, and if nothing else, their dedication to the game more than a year after launch is next to unprecidented. New maps, armors, guns, skins, improved game modes, feedback-driven updates, and more… you realize that Halo 5 was complete at launch, right? Underwhelming and disappointing is not the same as incomplete. 343 had every right to walk away from it there and then, give a middle finger to fans, and fart out paid map packs like previous titles. Instead, they created an evolving experience that they continue to actively provide more support for. I’d rather have new free stuff added in over the course of a year, holding my interest and giving me reason to play, than to have a supposed full game that receives poor support.
Long and short of it is, I choose to enjoy the journey. If that’s not your thing, fine. No need to yoink on the parade of the many that enjoy it.

DON’T EVER ADMIT TO 343 YOUR BLUFF!!!

> 2535427648248832;13:
> > 2533274819580184;11:
> > > 2533274884722193;10:
> > > > 2535427648248832;1:
> > > > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> > > >
> > > > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> > > >
> > > > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> > > >
> > > > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
> > >
> > > “Support they have shown for H5”
> > >
> > > I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
> > >
> > > Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
> > >
> > > On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
> > >
> > > But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
> > >
> > > And people still continue to thank them for it.
> > >
> > > You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: **“I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.**Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.
> >
> > Nailed it. Thank you to all the sell outs like OP for making this dream a reality!
>
> Says the guy who likes the game enough to have earned the Achilles helm. Nothing to say to you.

I didn’t have to BUY my helmet, I EARNED it through hard work and dedication with 99+ other people. A lost concept today lol You don’t have to say anything, the message you’re sending is already loud and clear

> 2535427648248832;14:
> > 2533274884722193;10:
> > > 2535427648248832;1:
> > > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> > >
> > > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> > >
> > > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> > >
> > > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
> >
> > “Support they have shown for H5”
> >
> > I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
> >
> > Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
> >
> > On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
> >
> > But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
> >
> > And people still continue to thank them for it.
> >
> > You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: “I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.
> >
> > Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.
>
> Yeah, I am proud to be supporting this game, and if nothing else, their dedication to the game more than a year after launch is next to unprecidented. New maps, armors, guns, skins, improved game modes, feedback-driven updates, and more… you realize that Halo 5 was complete at launch, right? Underwhelming and disappointing is not the same as incomplete. 343 had every right to walk away from it there and then, give a middle finger to fans, and fart out paid map packs like previous titles. Instead, they created an evolving experience that they continue to actively provide more support for. I’d rather have new free stuff added in over the course of a year, holding my interest and giving me reason to play, than to have a supposed full game that receives poor support.
> Long and short of it is, I choose to enjoy the journey. If that’s not your thing, fine. No need to yoink on the parade of the many that enjoy it.

Okay, sure, you can use words like “complete” to technically describe Halo 5 at launch. The game popped up when you finished downloading it, and you could shoot at things. This isn’t about whether a product is functional or not. I never claimed Halo 5 wasn’t a video game at launch, I’m not one of the silly people saying 343i should be sued.

343i’s “support” for Halo 5 is an illusion. I don’t know what better way to say it that hasn’t been said a million times since day one. I’m not saying that no work has gone into Halo 5 after launch. Obviously there has been. Forge has had SUPERB post-launch support. But when you take something that is purposefully less well made, and then slowly reintroduce elements which should already have been there, that is not “support”. Especially when, like Firefight especially, it’s not even done well.

By your own words, you’re obviously fully aware that Halo 5’s state at launch would have been totally unacceptable without more content. Previous titles did not “fart out map packs”, and Bungie did not “walk away from it there and then”. Bungie launched full video game titles with full features, then continued to support those games. The number of maps may have been chopped up/expanded after launch, but the games themselves were full games which you would expect for their cost. They weren’t 10% of a game and 90% promises like Halo 5 was and continues to be.

“New free stuff”? You mean, “old free stuff which is somehow amazing since we had to wait for it to be half done months later”?

I’m not against post-launch content. I’m not against what you’re calling support.

What I’m against is this ridiculous illusion of support which was manufactured by shipping a game with as little content as possible, intentionally. I do enjoy actual journeys, like watching all the stunning new stuff which comes out of the Forge team. I supported Forge being delayed because I wanted it to be good, not rushed or piecemeal. And when it launched, it was good. It was complete. Actual complete, not “well, it works, technically they can call it complete”. Halo 5’s Forge was never “underwhelming and disappointing”, to use your words for Halo 5 at launch. But Forge just keeps getting better and better. That’s support.

NOTHING in Halo should ever be “underwhelming and disappointing”, yet people still shout 343i’s praise from the rooftops for giving it to them. Again, can’t wait for Halo 6.

(I hate how negative my posts here are concerning 343i. I don’t hate them, I really don’t. I adore a lot of their work, and I think a lot of the work they do is amazing, even within Halo 5.)

> 2533274884722193;17:
> > 2535427648248832;14:
> > > 2533274884722193;10:
> > > > 2535427648248832;1:
> > > > I swore I wouldn’t pay a cent for req packs from the beginning. Don’t get me wrong; I love Halo 5, I want to support it, and I think 343 is truly taking the world in the right direction. However, I knew I would earn everything the game has to offer on my own eventually. Weapons? I’ll earn them. Armors? I’ll earn them. Weapon skins? I’ll earn what I can, and I don’t really care to support ‘pro’ players by spending money on their stuff.
> > > >
> > > > But now, we have the Voices of War req pack, and 343 has called my bluff. I’M GETTING THAT, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
> > > >
> > > > Now, some might say that this finally violates 343’s promise to keep all DLC free- that they’re cheating. Two things- the previously mentioned pro skins are already behind a pay wall, and secondly, I don’t care. They’ve more than earned a little more support for all the support they have shown for H5. Besides, Voices of War will be awesome. I didn’t know I needed this until I heard the Grunt for the first time, and then it was all over.
> > > >
> > > > 343, you called my bluff. Good job!
> > >
> > > “Support they have shown for H5”
> > >
> > > I wish I could laugh at this. The gaming community never ceases to amaze me when it comes to its ability to cheer for the systems put in place to nickle and dime them through inferior products, and to profusely thank those who do it do them.
> > >
> > > Take out most of the game modes, custom game options, and customization options, etc… and then put them back months later? That’s what we call “support” these days?
> > >
> > > On their own, I can see things like these voice packs being okay. Better paying for those than paying for new maps, for example, definitely. So I’m not going to say this voice pack specifically is “bad”.
> > >
> > > But saying that 343 has “earned” for us to pay for things which used to come in previous versions of Halo for free, just because they’re drip feeding us other major features of previous games… Not to mention REQs…
> > >
> > > And people still continue to thank them for it.
> > >
> > > You do realize the message you’re projecting loud and proud, right? It goes something like: “I want as little content in future Halo games as possible, and I’m willing to pay more for less.” I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to oblige, just like they’re obliging to “support H5”.
> > >
> > > Golly, I just can’t wait until Halo 6 comes out and I get to play 1/10 of that game while waiting for another 1/10 every month, while continuing to pay for smaller features which also used to come standard, as well as micro-transactions for whatever the new half-baked micro-transaction farm game mode is. Good times.
> >
> > Yeah, I am proud to be supporting this game, and if nothing else, their dedication to the game more than a year after launch is next to unprecidented. New maps, armors, guns, skins, improved game modes, feedback-driven updates, and more… you realize that Halo 5 was complete at launch, right? Underwhelming and disappointing is not the same as incomplete. 343 had every right to walk away from it there and then, give a middle finger to fans, and fart out paid map packs like previous titles. Instead, they created an evolving experience that they continue to actively provide more support for. I’d rather have new free stuff added in over the course of a year, holding my interest and giving me reason to play, than to have a supposed full game that receives poor support.
> > Long and short of it is, I choose to enjoy the journey. If that’s not your thing, fine. No need to yoink on the parade of the many that enjoy it.
>
> Okay, sure, you can use words like “complete” to technically describe Halo 5 at launch. The game popped up when you finished downloading it, and you could shoot at things. This isn’t about whether a product is functional or not. I never claimed Halo 5 wasn’t a video game at launch, I’m not one of the silly people saying 343i should be sued.
>
> 343i’s “support” for Halo 5 is an illusion. I don’t know what better way to say it that hasn’t been said a million times since day one. I’m not saying that no work has gone into Halo 5 after launch. Obviously there has been. Forge has had SUPERB post-launch support. But when you take something that is purposefully less well made, and then slowly reintroduce elements which should already have been there, that is not “support”. Especially when, like Firefight especially, it’s not even done well.
>
> By your own words, you’re obviously fully aware that Halo 5’s state at launch would have been totally unacceptable without more content. Previous titles did not “fart out map packs”, and Bungie did not “walk away from it there and then”. Bungie launched full video game titles with full features, then continued to support those games. The number of maps may have been chopped up/expanded after launch, but the games themselves were full games which you would expect for their cost. They weren’t 10% of a game and 90% promises like Halo 5 was and continues to be.
>
> “New free stuff”? You mean, “old free stuff which is somehow amazing since we had to wait for it to be half done months later”?
>
> I’m not against post-launch content. I’m not against what you’re calling support.
>
> What I’m against is this ridiculous illusion of support which was manufactured by shipping a game with as little content as possible, intentionally. I do enjoy actual journeys, like watching all the stunning new stuff which comes out of the Forge team. I supported Forge being delayed because I wanted it to be good, not rushed or piecemeal. And when it launched, it was good. It was complete. Actual complete, not “well, it works, technically they can call it complete”. Halo 5’s Forge was never “underwhelming and disappointing”, to use your words for Halo 5 at launch. But Forge just keeps getting better and better. That’s support.
>
> NOTHING in Halo should ever be “underwhelming and disappointing”, yet people still shout 343i’s praise from the rooftops for giving it to them. Again, can’t wait for Halo 6.
>
> (I hate how negative my posts here are concerning 343i. I don’t hate them, I really don’t. I adore a lot of their work, and I think a lot of the work they do is amazing, even within Halo 5.)

Well, I can agree with that. My experience with this whole endeavor is that people are far too unwilling to give 343 any credit at all, and that rankles. I sincerely believe that they’re doing their honest best to make as good a game as possible.

To be clear, aside from the lack of Forge at launch, I probably could have been satisfied with what I bought. I never found it, as so many others did, to be “underwhelming and disappointing.” Then again, I tend to find great re-playabilty in games without a ton of content (here’s looking at you, tens of thousands of points in Carnivores), so I’m sure I’m an anomaly here.

I don’t see the support as an illusion, and I’ll gladly give them credit for listening to the community. We’d never have received the H2 BR or CE Magnum if not for fan clamoring after launch, and weapon adjustments have made sure that the game evolves when it needs to. That’s support, even if the maps or armors or game modes or skins were intentionally withheld upon release. The release of fan-favorite weapons in general is the kind of attention no previous title has received. Now, they have gone to the trouble of voicing over every piece of Arena and Warzone dialogue- in the middle of a voice actor strike, no less- not only once, but four separate times, and have turned the annoyance over Sarah Palmer into an opportunity to improve the game in a truly new and unexpected way. I, for one, am excited!

> 2533274816788253;3:
> I am not sure if I will buy it or not. odds are I eventually will but who knows. no master chief voice is lame and I am one of the few who doesn’t mind commander Palmer.

I don’t entirely understand the Palmer hate. Why do you all hate Palmer Alaska? Why?

Lame joke was lame I’ll go back to my hole now

> 2533274879407634;19:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > I am not sure if I will buy it or not. odds are I eventually will but who knows. no master chief voice is lame and I am one of the few who doesn’t mind commander Palmer.
>
> I don’t entirely understand the Palmer hate. Why do you all hate Palmer Alaska? Why?
>
> Lame joke was lame I’ll go back to my hole now

I’ll give it a LOL.