343 broke Halo, WHERE ARE MY MAPS?

Pretty upset here. Have been playing Halo since it came out on the first xbox and bought every game since. I find it very disappointing that just because I have the 4GB Slim 360 I cannot use any of the File Share or Theatre feature. I have 3GB free on the integrated 360 hard drive, and 5GB free on a memory stick. 343 says they don’t want people taking maps from the memory stick and hacking the on their computers, which I totally get, but WHY can I not use the memory integrated to my xbox for the maps?

Also, last week I purchased all 3 map packs and not a single map has come up for vote once since I bought them and I’ve been playing like 5 hours a day every day. Never have I payed for content and never seen any of it. I can play the maps locally by myself but they have not come up in matchmaking once yet. Is this also because I don’t have the larger 360 hard drive? I feel incredibly ripped off by this company and it’s a slap in the face to someone who’s been a loyal fan of the franchise for over 10 years.

If anyone could shed some light on this I’d be very appreciative!

> Pretty upset here. Have been playing Halo since it came out on the first xbox and bought every game since. I find it very disappointing that just because I have the 4GB Slim 360 I cannot use any of the File Share or Theatre feature. I have 3GB free on the integrated 360 hard drive, and 5GB free on a memory stick. 343 says they don’t want people taking maps from the memory stick and hacking the on their computers, which I totally get, but WHY can I not use the memory integrated to my xbox for the maps?
>
> Also, last week I purchased all 3 map packs and not a single map has come up for vote once since I bought them and I’ve been playing like 5 hours a day every day. Never have I payed for content and never seen any of it. I can play the maps locally by myself but they have not come up in matchmaking once yet. Is this also because I don’t have the larger 360 hard drive? I feel incredibly ripped off by this company and it’s a slap in the face to someone who’s been a loyal fan of the franchise for over 10 years.
>
> If anyone could shed some light on this I’d be very appreciative!

All right, lemme splain somethin’ to yah. I had the 4GB model for a VERY long time. It’s not just Halo 4 that won’t let you into Theater and the File Browser. In fact, you can’t play Campaign via Xbox Live in Halo 3 and ODST without a hard drive. I think a hard drive has a “cache” feature that works exclusively with the hard drive. As for the Halo 4 DLC, EVERY player in the lobby must have the DLC for it to show up in the voting options. This can be seen in Flood, where people don’t even have Forge Island downloaded, and that’s a free map. You can imagine how few people actually pay for the DLC, especially after reading reports that it doesn’t turn up. That’s what’s happening with your problems. :wink:

Squad DLC is coming up for a few weeks in April. You’ll be guaranteed DLC maps then :slight_smile:

Heavies had a startling amount of DLC maps available when it was offered. I played Perdition twice in a row followed by Wreckage, then the usual Exile spam before more DLC again ^^

There was Team DLC before that as well

gasp You mean we get to play maps we paid for for a couple weeks, every other month? Joy!

You will never play the DLC maps in MM outside of a rotational playlist.