343 bring back jeff steitzer already

Ever since Halo 4, people complained that Jeff Steitzer (the Halo announcer) had a weird filter over his voice, and he also did in TMCC, and continues to in Halo 5, 343 just isn’t listening. and w/ Halo 5 they went as far to replace Jeff with Palmer in Warzone and firefight, Palmer is an annoying character that not a lot of us like. She’s the announcer in Warzone, and it’s awful “DON’T WORRY SPARTAN WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE!” They even made Palmer the voice of Halo 5: Forge on PC’s tutorial and 343 continues to use her in Firefight, she says “This is warzone firefight!”, it sounds terrible compared to Jeff Steitzer in H3: ODST and Reach when he said “FIREFIGHT”, it’s like 343 is trying to get him out of the picture… wait they are!
In an interview with Jeff Steitzer from Halo Follower, according to Jeff, 343 tried to replace him, and many others, such as Jen Taylor (Cortana) Lazy Link to interview
I, and a lot of others want Jeff back, with a non-filtered robot voice, and I don’t want Palmer to be an announcer in a Halo game again.

This is just another example of how 343i fails to understand Halo. Trying to replace Jeff Steitzer and Jen Taylor would have been a final nail in the coffin. Jeff Steitzer is a huge part of the Halo “feel”, which can’t be replicated by Commander Palmer in Warzone or their silly “team leader” in Arena that calls out weapon spawns.

I agree completely, 343 continue to make him sound like an auto-tuned robot, one day they’ll listen to us. I watched that interview a long time ago, and even jeff was upset with 343 at how much they filtered and changed his voice.

> 2533274932173323;3:
> I agree completely, 343 continue to make him sound like an auto-tuned robot, one day they’ll listen to us. I watched that interview a long time ago, and even jeff was upset with 343 at how much they filtered and changed his voice.

343 doesn’t listen to feedback like this but is quick to act amazing when they make a community member’s weapon skin idea a reality. smh

> 2533274921821201;4:
> > 2533274932173323;3:
> > I agree completely, 343 continue to make him sound like an auto-tuned robot, one day they’ll listen to us. I watched that interview a long time ago, and even jeff was upset with 343 at how much they filtered and changed his voice.
>
>
> 343 doesn’t listen to feedback like this but is quick to act amazing when they make a community member’s weapon skin idea a reality. smh

OMG LOOK WE PUT VETOED’S WEAPON SKIN IN THE GAME WE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

> 2533274932173323;5:
> > 2533274921821201;4:
> > > 2533274932173323;3:
> > > I agree completely, 343 continue to make him sound like an auto-tuned robot, one day they’ll listen to us. I watched that interview a long time ago, and even jeff was upset with 343 at how much they filtered and changed his voice.
> >
> >
> > 343 doesn’t listen to feedback like this but is quick to act amazing when they make a community member’s weapon skin idea a reality. smh
>
>
> OMG LOOK WE PUT VETOED’S WEAPON SKIN IN THE GAME WE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

Exactly, it’s an awesome skin though

Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.

> 2533274873843883;7:
> Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.

I mean, other than the fact she says that it’s a simulation 24/7…

> 2533274873843883;7:
> Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.

lol you’re playing a video game and don’t want it to feel like a game? Wut

Palmer is annoying and Jeff sounds awesome…isn’t that the best & most simple reason to have Jeff announce everything? Seriously tho, please let Jeff announce ALL game modes in Halo 6.

> 2533274921821201;1:
> Ever since Halo 4, people complained that Jeff Steitzer (the Halo announcer) had a weird filter over his voice, and he also did in TMCC, and continues to in Halo 5, 343 just isn’t listening. and w/ Halo 5 they went as far to replace Jeff with Palmer in Warzone and firefight, Palmer is an annoying character that not a lot of us like. She’s the announcer in Warzone, and it’s awful “DON’T WORRY SPARTAN WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE!” They even made Palmer the voice of Halo 5: Forge on PC’s tutorial and 343 continues to use her in Firefight, she says “This is warzone firefight!”, it sounds terrible compared to Jeff Steitzer in H3: ODST and Reach when he said “FIREFIGHT”, it’s like 343 is trying to get him out of the picture… wait they are!
> In an interview with Jeff Steitzer from Halo Follower, according to Jeff, 343 tried to replace him, and many others, such as Jen Taylor (Cortana) Lazy Link to interview
> I, and a lot of others want Jeff back, with a non-filtered robot voice, and I don’t want Palmer to be an announcer in a Halo game again.

I am also of the opinion that it’s a horrible idea to not have him (or anyone for that matter) announce your sprees and multi-kills in Warzone. That’s basically what we play for. I barely notice a killtacular like it’s trash now.

Personally I think Jeff sounds best in halo 5.

> 2535440942109919;11:
> > 2533274921821201;1:
> > Ever since Halo 4, people complained that Jeff Steitzer (the Halo announcer) had a weird filter over his voice, and he also did in TMCC, and continues to in Halo 5, 343 just isn’t listening. and w/ Halo 5 they went as far to replace Jeff with Palmer in Warzone and firefight, Palmer is an annoying character that not a lot of us like. She’s the announcer in Warzone, and it’s awful “DON’T WORRY SPARTAN WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE!” They even made Palmer the voice of Halo 5: Forge on PC’s tutorial and 343 continues to use her in Firefight, she says “This is warzone firefight!”, it sounds terrible compared to Jeff Steitzer in H3: ODST and Reach when he said “FIREFIGHT”, it’s like 343 is trying to get him out of the picture… wait they are!
> > In an interview with Jeff Steitzer from Halo Follower, according to Jeff, 343 tried to replace him, and many others, such as Jen Taylor (Cortana) Lazy Link to interview
> > I, and a lot of others want Jeff back, with a non-filtered robot voice, and I don’t want Palmer to be an announcer in a Halo game again.
>
>
> I am also of the opinion that it’s a horrible idea to not have him (or anyone for that matter) announce your sprees and multi-kills in Warzone. That’s basically what we play for. I barely notice a killtacular like it’s trash now.

It feels 1/10th rewarding as it use to when I get triple kills and such. His voice is badass

> 2533274873843883;7:

Well, immersion is 343’s prior philosophy when making a game, which is reason why multiplayer has become a part of universe.

> 2535456165221911;14:
> > 2533274873843883;7:
> > Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.
>
>
> Well, immersion is 343’s prior philosophy when making a game, which is reason why multiplayer has become a part of universe.

I don’t feel very immersed because palmer is reminding me that its all a simulation every 5 seconds

> 2533274921821201;13:
> > 2535440942109919;11:
> > > 2533274921821201;1:
> > > Ever since Halo 4, people complained that Jeff Steitzer (the Halo announcer) had a weird filter over his voice, and he also did in TMCC, and continues to in Halo 5, 343 just isn’t listening. and w/ Halo 5 they went as far to replace Jeff with Palmer in Warzone and firefight, Palmer is an annoying character that not a lot of us like. She’s the announcer in Warzone, and it’s awful “DON’T WORRY SPARTAN WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE!” They even made Palmer the voice of Halo 5: Forge on PC’s tutorial and 343 continues to use her in Firefight, she says “This is warzone firefight!”, it sounds terrible compared to Jeff Steitzer in H3: ODST and Reach when he said “FIREFIGHT”, it’s like 343 is trying to get him out of the picture… wait they are!
> > > In an interview with Jeff Steitzer from Halo Follower, according to Jeff, 343 tried to replace him, and many others, such as Jen Taylor (Cortana) Lazy Link to interview
> > > I, and a lot of others want Jeff back, with a non-filtered robot voice, and I don’t want Palmer to be an announcer in a Halo game again.
> >
> >
> > I am also of the opinion that it’s a horrible idea to not have him (or anyone for that matter) announce your sprees and multi-kills in Warzone. That’s basically what we play for. I barely notice a killtacular like it’s trash now.
>
>
> It feels 1/10th rewarding as it use to when I get triple kills and such. His voice is badass

Whenever I play Warzone and get an Overkill, Running Riot or anything higher I usually announce it loudly myself lol cause who else will do it for me? Especially when someone’s watching. Anyone else do this?

> 2535440942109919;16:
> > 2533274921821201;13:
> > > 2535440942109919;11:
> > > > 2533274921821201;1:
> > > > Ever since Halo 4, people complained that Jeff Steitzer (the Halo announcer) had a weird filter over his voice, and he also did in TMCC, and continues to in Halo 5, 343 just isn’t listening. and w/ Halo 5 they went as far to replace Jeff with Palmer in Warzone and firefight, Palmer is an annoying character that not a lot of us like. She’s the announcer in Warzone, and it’s awful “DON’T WORRY SPARTAN WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE!” They even made Palmer the voice of Halo 5: Forge on PC’s tutorial and 343 continues to use her in Firefight, she says “This is warzone firefight!”, it sounds terrible compared to Jeff Steitzer in H3: ODST and Reach when he said “FIREFIGHT”, it’s like 343 is trying to get him out of the picture… wait they are!
> > > > In an interview with Jeff Steitzer from Halo Follower, according to Jeff, 343 tried to replace him, and many others, such as Jen Taylor (Cortana) Lazy Link to interview
> > > > I, and a lot of others want Jeff back, with a non-filtered robot voice, and I don’t want Palmer to be an announcer in a Halo game again.
> > >
> > >
> > > I am also of the opinion that it’s a horrible idea to not have him (or anyone for that matter) announce your sprees and multi-kills in Warzone. That’s basically what we play for. I barely notice a killtacular like it’s trash now.
> >
> >
> > It feels 1/10th rewarding as it use to when I get triple kills and such. His voice is badass
>
>
> Whenever I play Warzone and get an Overkill, Running Riot or anything higher I usually announce it loudly myself lol cause who else will do it for me? Especially when someone’s watching. Anyone else do this?

Yeah, I use to love stacking kills and hearing DOUBLE KILL, TRIPLE KILL, OVERKILL… RUNNING RIOT, etc.

> 2533274921821201;15:
> > 2535456165221911;14:
> > > 2533274873843883;7:
> > > Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.
> >
> >
> > Well, immersion is 343’s prior philosophy when making a game, which is reason why multiplayer has become a part of universe.
>
>
> I don’t feel very immersed because palmer is reminding me that its all a simulation every 5 seconds

It’s funny when 343 talks about immersion in their game when their game is not realistic or immersive. I can’t be immersed into this game, because I can pick up weapons without touching it, I can flip vehicles without touching it, the shield doesn’t recharge while running, I can’t shoot while running, I can’t prone, I can respwan after my death, I see hit markers, etc. and etc.

> 2535456165221911;18:
> > 2533274921821201;15:
> > > 2535456165221911;14:
> > > > 2533274873843883;7:
> > > > Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, immersion is 343’s prior philosophy when making a game, which is reason why multiplayer has become a part of universe.
> >
> >
> > I don’t feel very immersed because palmer is reminding me that its all a simulation every 5 seconds
>
>
> It’s funny when 343 talks about immersion in their game when their game is not realistic or immersive. I can’t be immersed into this game, because I can pick up weapons without touching it, I can flip vehicles without touching it, the shield doesn’t recharge while running, I can’t shoot while running, I can’t prone, I can respwan after my death, I see hit markers, etc. and etc.

Halo multiplayer was supposed to be pure fun, but the lore junkies couldn’t stand for it to not relate to the lore or canon.

> 2533274921821201;19:
> > 2535456165221911;18:
> > > 2533274921821201;15:
> > > > 2535456165221911;14:
> > > > > 2533274873843883;7:
> > > > > Palmer announces warzone for the sake of immersion. Having a character from the story tie you into the action makes it seem more like a live-fire war game. Steitzer would (for me) make it seem more like just a game. Or worse, like a game show.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well, immersion is 343’s prior philosophy when making a game, which is reason why multiplayer has become a part of universe.
> > >
> > >
> > > I don’t feel very immersed because palmer is reminding me that its all a simulation every 5 seconds
> >
> >
> > It’s funny when 343 talks about immersion in their game when their game is not realistic or immersive. I can’t be immersed into this game, because I can pick up weapons without touching it, I can flip vehicles without touching it, the shield doesn’t recharge while running, I can’t shoot while running, I can’t prone, I can respwan after my death, I see hit markers, etc. and etc.
>
>
> Halo multiplayer was supposed to be pure fun, but the lore junkies couldn’t stand for it to not relate to the lore or canon.

This is ruining the lore. A lot of things in multiplayer doesn’t make sense.