343 Becoming Politicions

Sounds like 343 is becoming more and more like politicions everyday. With the “Oh you will get what you want, with a little of our touch added.” And making it the complete opposite. In the beginning it was said that this game will feel a little different with different aspects, but the classic players will have all the customization options to make the game more “classic” and then they make statements like this…

Will there be a way to disable auto-pickup for Flag/Oddball? -CyReN CE

At launch and in the launch playlists, we will be deploying CTF as-is. Although it’s possible in the future that we will give players more specific control and choices, this is something we feel pretty strongly about – and is in some ways a new mode, rather than simply an evolution of an existing game type. We understand the reaction this may cause, but there’s method in our madness and we ask your indulgence in the short term.

If you can give us customization options? Why not give them now? Personally I hate auto pickup. And I don’t always play online so when I play offline with a lot of my friends it would be nice to be able to change it if we don’t like it! Changing the control scheme more like COD (B crouch? Really? Recon I dislike why cant I have my Reach controls?) Or make CUSTOMIZED controls!

I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it, so deal with it” attitude.

I don’t really look at it like that. I think it’s just that they’re busy and their hands are pretty tied up in all the work at the moment. Soon after the game releases there will be updates and TUs that allow us to have more options over the game.

I’m excited and nervous to see these changes.
I really wonder what the effect will be on MLG playlists.

lol… I forgot that b was to crouch in CoD, I have it set to clicking in the right thumbstick :stuck_out_tongue:

> Sounds like 343 is becoming more and more like politicions everyday. With the “Oh you will get what you want, with a little of our touch added.” And making it the complete opposite. In the beginning it was said that this game will feel a little different with different aspects, but the classic players will have all the customization options to make the game more “classic” and then they make statements like this…
>
> Will there be a way to disable auto-pickup for Flag/Oddball? -CyReN CE
>
> At launch and in the launch playlists, we will be deploying CTF as-is. Although it’s possible in the future that we will give players more specific control and choices, this is something we feel pretty strongly about – and is in some ways a new mode, rather than simply an evolution of an existing game type. We understand the reaction this may cause, but there’s method in our madness and we ask your indulgence in the short term.
>
> If you can give us customization options? Why not give them now? Personally I hate auto pickup. And I don’t always play online so when I play offline with a lot of my friends it would be nice to be able to change it if we don’t like it! Changing the control scheme more like COD (B crouch? Really? Recon I dislike why cant I have my Reach controls?) Or make CUSTOMIZED controls!
>
> <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]

> <mark>our new COD staff</mark>

> <mark>COD staff</mark>

You seriously just said that?

> > <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]
>
>
>
> > <mark>our new COD staff</mark>
>
>
>
> > <mark>COD staff</mark>
>
>
>
> > You seriously just said that?
>
> Yup, COD staff, completely. Didn’t you know 343i is run by COD?

Well, from what I’ve seen, I’m being given more than what I really wanted. Gameplay is FAST, kill times aren’t.
I’m sure that they’re just wrapped up with finishing the game, but when it’s released, there will be much much more when TU’s and all that stuff came. I mean, before the Reach TU, Reach, a Halo game, was barely in the top games played. TU came, and Reach clawed back up.

What 343i is doing has nothing in common with politicians. They were always going to release their game, not your game. They just hope that your tastes match up well enough to theirs that you’ll want to play their game. And if enough people don’t like it, they can update some of the options later, but the game’s gonna ship the way it’s gonna ship.

I see problems, and I see things I’m pleased about. More options would be very nice, but, if I can avoid them altogether with some playlists, I’m not that bothered, if everything else comes out fine.

> > > <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]
> >
> >
> >
> > > <mark>our new COD staff</mark>
> >
> >
> >
> > > <mark>COD staff</mark>
> >
> >
> >
> > > You seriously just said that?
> >
> >
> >
> > > Yup, COD staff, completely. Didn’t you know 343i is run by COD?
> >
> > I lol’d.

> > > > <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > <mark>our new COD staff</mark>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > <mark>COD staff</mark>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > You seriously just said that?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Yup, COD staff, completely. Didn’t you know 343i is run by COD?
> > >
> > > I lol’d.
> >
> > Glad you find it funny, however if either of you pay any sort of attention… you would have known 343i has brought in multiple people from the COD staff to work on HALO 4. (If they officially joined the 343i staff I’m not sure) But came from COD.

Nothing like trying to make a poor analogy and misspelling the main word in your title.

Bravo.

> Nothing like trying to make a poor analogy and misspelling the main word in your title.
>
>
> Bravo.

Thought the same thing.

> > > > > <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > <mark>our new COD staff</mark>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > <mark>COD staff</mark>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > You seriously just said that?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Yup, COD staff, completely. Didn’t you know 343i is run by COD?
> > > >
> > > > I lol’d.
> > >
> > > Glad you find it funny, however if either of you pay any sort of attention… you would have known 343i has brought in multiple people from the COD staff to work on HALO 4. (If they officially joined the 343i staff I’m not sure) But came from COD.
> >
> > I’m sure there’re developers from other games in 343i, and that they have brought their ideas and experience to Halo 4. The implication that because they’re formerly developers for the COD franchise that they must have been the cause of B to crouch, who’s to say it wasn’t an idea from a Halo developer? Or more likely was a decision from a developer meeting?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > > > <mark>I hate it because they say one thing, then they turn around and act like “well this is how I and our new COD staff like it</mark>, so deal with it” attitude.[/h]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > <mark>our new COD staff</mark>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > <mark>COD staff</mark>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > You seriously just said that?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Yup, COD staff, completely. Didn’t you know 343i is run by COD?
> > > >
> > > > I lol’d.
> > >
> > > Glad you find it funny, however if either of you pay any sort of attention… you would have known 343i has brought in multiple people from the COD staff to work on HALO 4. (If they officially joined the 343i staff I’m not sure) But came from COD.
> >
> > Which is funny because everyone who joined 343 wanted to work on HALO, not make a new Cod idiot.[/spoiler]

It’s not “politics”, it’s just marketing, and they’re just taking the game in the direction that they want to.

I’m quite glad that 343i is saying “Yes, we definitely want to do this and cater to this style of play” because frankly, Halo: Reach felt like a game that was made quite indecisively. I’d rather 343i have a vision for the game and commit to it rather than have a billion different game types with stupidly subtle differences, which is what happened with Reach.

There’ll almost certainly be an option to disable it yourself (I notice he only says “In matchmaking” and if people really hate it that much it’ll probably be changed, though I personally don’t see what the fuss is all about with regards to auto-pickup.

…and locked.

Fish talk always ends up heading towards messy water.