343 are you sure you didnt get Cryengine 4...

Early? Take a look at this angelic skybox.

If this is a heavily modified Reach engine, then ya’ll had to have combined it with something because the clouds in Reach look nothing like that. Those clouds are as realistic as it gets!!

That lightning looks nice. But I doubt it will look exactly the same when you stretch it to 720p. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the graphics aren’t good, just that all the aliasing and not-so-high texture resolution will impact how the game looks.

I find skyboxes to be essential in making a game look good. I don’t know why some developers don’t focus on them as much. Halo 3’s and Reach’s were jaw-dropping while Halo 4’s are fantastic.

Op, just saying, every game but odst has used the previous’ game engine heavily modified. ce to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to reach and now reach to 4.

> Early? Take a look at this angelic skybox.
>
> http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/6/1/1338565097734/Halo-4-008.jpg
>
> If this is a heavily modified Reach engine, then ya’ll had to have combined it with something because the clouds in Reach look nothing like that. Those clouds are as realistic as it gets!!

DEAR GOD… why isnt it Nov 6th…

That shot looks beautiful either way. I wish it was higher res so I could place that baby on my desktop.

Even if I don’t like the artistic direction of Halo 4, the graphics team really has seem to have done some incredible things. So that’s a plus . . .

> I find skyboxes to be essential in making a game look good. I don’t know why some developers don’t focus on them as much. Halo 3’s and Reach’s were jaw-dropping while Halo 4’s are fantastic.

Yeah, I also just loved the fact that Reach constantly had actual sky battles going on as you play the Campaign.