343 are you seriously still Idle banning? WOW

Edit! I have to edit this, because apparently people assume or just don’t want to actually read. I am not banned, me, I, OP, is not BANNED, get it? Now stop posting stuff like “good ur banned”.

So I saw a few first topics of “Why was I banned”?

And I thought to myself, “No, no way they wouldn’t do that again, not with how many people were lost on Reach”.

But yes, they are Idle banning, and I have to ask why?

You don’t earn anything if you Idle, and in the later ranks you get next to nothing from idling, like 1000 xp is gonna touch 30,000? Seriously?

Even with 1 kill you can idle and get xp but its still ridiculously low, so I am still asking why?

I mean seriously is it out of sheer laziness, or do you just wanna see people post “Why am I banned”.

Games out 4 days and we got banned people, 26 years I have never seen anything like this.

MFW I am not banned for Idling

It’s their own fault for joining and not playing.

Good i’m glad you are getting banned for idling and so you should as you ruin other peoples experience of the game why should they have to put up with someone who is a liability to team because they are not contributing in anyway or form.

> It’s their own fault for joining and not playing.

maybe something came up thats more important than clicking “exit game”

some times you just have diarrhea. should i be banned for having the hershey squirts? i think not.

-Yoink- bucket, my friend, -Yoink- bucket.

Yoink = duke.

GOOD. Why the hell are you idling? People standing there like idiots instead of leaving is frustrating, because not only are you not getting the team kills, you’re dying and giving the other team kills. All the while, you’re wasting a space on the team that a valuable player can fill in.

I didn’t even know there were idle bans till now, but if you don’t want to get banned, learn to finish or quit games instead of burdening your team. Rarely do people leave for something important. Unless you live in a really dramatic neighbourhood/household.

> > It’s their own fault for joining and not playing.
>
> maybe something came up thats more important than clicking “exit game”
>
> some times you just have diarrhea. should i be banned for having the hershey squirts? i think not.

it doesn’t take long to quit, 1 secound to press start - leave game - yes doesn’t hurt

> > It’s their own fault for joining and not playing.
>
> maybe something came up thats more important than clicking “exit game”
>
> some times you just have diarrhea. should i be banned for having the hershey squirts? i think not.

In order to get banned for being idle you have to do this in a large number of games. You don’t just idle for one game and get banned. And the reason they are getting banned is not because of the exp, but because they are wasting slots for teammates.

I’m glad they’re banning people for it. You’re completely -Yoinking!- your team when you do that -Yoink-.

You aren’t understanding his post, apparently the others loaded up the game and quit but him and he sat there for the whole game until it ended so he don’t get a quit ban, but he gets an idle ban, seriously, think before you act, or in this case, type…

> You aren’t understanding his post, apparently the others loaded up the game and quit but him and he sat there for the whole game until it ended so he don’t get a quit ban, but he gets an idle ban, seriously, think before you act, or in this case, type…

How do you manage to make that out of his post?? he doesn’t mention anything about that anywhere perhaps you would like to read it again?

In my opinion those that leave there console on to gain experience and are not playing deserve to be banned. They are ruining the experience for those who are in there game. Isnt it called ‘multiplayer’ for an reason?

I think everyone in this forum needs reading and comprehension lessons.

I am not banned, I only saw what others posted.

Is that better.

And this post is not over Idling, the post is over banning people for playing how they want.

If you get 0 kills you are considered and Idler, even though you did play.

> > You aren’t understanding his post, apparently the others loaded up the game and quit but him and he sat there for the whole game until it ended so he don’t get a quit ban, but he gets an idle ban, seriously, think before you act, or in this case, type…
>
> How do you manage to make that out of his post?? he doesn’t mention anything about that anywhere perhaps you would like to read it again?

Well, he didn’t say it like I thought, I miss-read a bit too, but yes, you could derive that as possibility as one being he did get a kill so he was idle banning, but its not him, so its all good…

I see things and know 20 different possibilites before they happen, and it irritatees me as well as it would to others, but it does come in handy…

> So I saw a few first topics of “Why was I banned”?
>
> And I thought to myself, “No, no way they wouldn’t do that again, not <mark>with how many people were lost on Reach</mark>”.
>
> But yes, they are Idle banning, and I have to ask why?
>
> You don’t earn anything if you Idle, and in the later ranks you get next to nothing from idling, like 1000 xp is gonna touch 30,000? Seriously?
>
> Even with 1 kill you can idle and get xp but its still ridiculously low, so I am still asking why?
>
> I mean seriously is it out of sheer laziness, or do you just wanna see people post “Why am I banned”.
>
> Games out 4 days and we got banned people, 26 years I have never seen anything like this.
>
> MFW I am not banned for Idling

Why would 343 care about losing people who dont actually participate in the game? This aint no Sub based MMO…

Good riddance to AFKers.

> And this post is not over Idling, <mark>the post is over banning people for playing how they want.</mark>
>
> If you get 0 kills you are considered and Idler, even though you did play.

So if they want to play the game their way by being a jerk to their teammates, that is okay to you? Everybody else has to suffer because of one person?

No.

Good, more bans the better, sick to death of people afk’ing in my games and ruining it for there team…your lucky i’m not in charge, it’d be a perma ban

An idle player is a wasted spot on a team. Case closed.

People are getting banned for playing FFA with guests and going around killing them. Im really glad 343 is banning people for this matter.

I don’t understand why this is even an issue. If its really that important you have to get up from the console, I think you can take a second to quit or press the power button as you get up. If you idle, you deserve a temp ban, and repeat offenders should be removed because it really is annoying (especially in reach) when a whole game passes and there is some guy standing there, not moving, for the whole 10 minutes when you could have had an actual useful teammate.

Plus the posters making the argument that you should be permitted to play how you want, that argument doesn’t really make any sense since 1. you are not playing if your idling, and 2. it is not a personal decision affecting only you, it affects the people in the game by annoying them to no end. Play the game, or get off, plain and simple.