343 are handed the keys on August 2. Thoughts?

Bungie is handing it all over on August 2nd. Do you think 343 will come in with a bang?? Or do you think they will take baby steps??

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=seeyoustarside

I hope they come in and put in the TU right away, but realisticly speaking I think they will take it slow and start things after Halo Fest.

well BS angel has said before the next version of the forums are in production. so we could see that go live

That could just be the last time they make an update to the playlists. Doesn’t mean that 343 will change anything that day. BUt they could, who knows.

> That could just be the last time they make an update to the playlists. Doesn’t mean that 343 will change anything that day. BUt they could, who knows.

Well I think the last Bungie Playlist update is scheduled to hit July12th. I know everything is subject to change. I would like to see 343 give it a go in August. Time will tell.

I think they will probably take it slow and unveil the TU at Halofest, but I really hope they update the playlists, for the love of God. Bungie never kept up with the updates to the MLG playlist so I hope they update that on the 2nd. Also they could stand to fix all of the other issues like infection betrayals.

> I think they will probably take it slow and unveil the TU at Halofest…

I tend to agree. I am hoping for a big Playlist Update though anyway. “Hope springs eternal” and all that. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping that they do a better job with the playlists.

I’m looking forward to the new playlists

> I’m looking forward to the new playlists

How do we even know what these “new playlists” will be? What if they continued on with what Bungie has for now. Just speaking in hypotheticals

I hope they adjust the organization of the playlists. Perhaps a return to the ranked/social organization of old. I don’t know, but I don’t think we’ll see anything happen on the 2nd, just 343 being handed the keys. It would be nice if there was an update though.

> I hope they adjust the organization of the playlists. Perhaps a return to the ranked/social organization of old. I don’t know, but I don’t think we’ll see anything happen on the 2nd, just 343 being handed the keys. It would be nice if there was an update though.

I agree, the arguments with AL wouldnt be happening if we had two differnt playlist groups and removed it from the competetive one

> > I hope they adjust the organization of the playlists. Perhaps a return to the ranked/social organization of old. I don’t know, but I don’t think we’ll see anything happen on the 2nd, just 343 being handed the keys. It would be nice if there was an update though.
>
> I agree, the arguments with AL wouldnt be happening if we had two differnt playlist groups and removed it from the competetive one

Why remove it from the competitive one?

meh, I bet Bungie does one more update after the one on the 12th, but before the 2nd.

And then I bet 343 doesn’t update again for at least a month.

Meaning no real new playlist updates until AFTER Halofest.

Maybe not even until the week of Sept 13th.

Further more, I bet details on the 343 playlist updates don’t come out till the week of Halofest.

I could be wrong, these are all just my guesses.

After playing the Bungie Vs World playlist things need to be improved Armor lock needs to go all that camping on Countdown and Reflection With AL and Rockets andsword and shotgun pissed me off.

But give them time they dont even have the keys yet therfore cant even start anything they can start thinking on ideas but cannot implament anything until they actually have full control.

Besides give them time if you rush them it will make people even madder i mean look at the game itself that was rushed since so many things were taken out the Leg ending the ability to ride Moa’s and much more.

Games should take a lesson from EPIC games they pushed back Gears 3 because of all the problems they are fixing that it wouldnt be worth our time to play with all the problems.

I wouldn’t expect any major changes to game functionality at all. Like, ever.

They aren’t going to take the game, strip it down, and start it over, guys. Remember, they’ve got quite a few upcoming games that we have to look forward to.

They simply are taking over management of Halo: Reach. So yes, they’ll manage playlists and whatnot, but no, do not expect them to take the game and make a title update to get rid of Armor Lock, change ranking systems, etc.

I’d be quite disappointed if they did. They have a chance to make their mark on their own multiplayer Halo titles coming up, why strip down and remake Reach?

The only thing, unfortunately, that I could see them integrating with a title update is that Battle Proficiency Rating that they have on the stats page on Waypoint. Making major changes to core gameplay and functionality would quite honestly be a stupid move seeing as how those who are “not going to play anymore” have gotten up and left, and those who are left playing really do enjoy playing the game as it is.

Just my opinion.

> meh, I bet Bungie does one more update after the one on the 12th, but before the 2nd.
>
> And then I bet 343 doesn’t update again for at least a month.
>
> Meaning no real new playlist updates until AFTER Halofest.
>
> Maybe not even until the week of Sept 13th.
>
> Further more, I bet details on the 343 playlist updates don’t come out till the week of Halofest.
>
> I could be wrong, these are all just my guesses.

Your guess are no fun!! lol, j/k. I do hope your wrong though. I just like the excitement of change too much I guess.

> > > I hope they adjust the organization of the playlists. Perhaps a return to the ranked/social organization of old. I don’t know, but I don’t think we’ll see anything happen on the 2nd, just 343 being handed the keys. It would be nice if there was an update though.
> >
> > I agree, the arguments with AL wouldnt be happening if we had two differnt playlist groups and removed it from the competetive one
>
> Why remove it from the competitive one?

because AL dosent exactly promote the best competativeness, plus is just annoying and a second chance. which basically takes away from competativeness

I pray that the TU goes live they day they gain control. I’m really looking forward to a more classic feeling Reach.

> I pray that the TU goes live they day they gain control. I’m really looking forward to a more classic feeling Reach.

I think that is doubtful. They are going to explain more about the TU at Halofest ,I believe, so it can’t go live before then.