343 ANSWER THIS.

You guys answer on teambeyond, and Neogaf. You guys have given explanations on various things over at those websites.

Now please explain this to me. Give me one explanation on your own website.

Why can you not have a sprint that works like in Waframe, Evolve and Borderlands the pre-sequel, in Halo 5?

why dont they just keep the system they had warframes is basically the same as the old way besides the fact that you can choose to hold the button down or tap it once

You’ll have to explain to someone who has not played those games what is significant about how those games handle sprint.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> You’ll have to explain to someone who has not played those games what is significant about how those games handle sprint.

In all those games you can sprint (and you get an increase in movement speed and so on), but whenever you do press the “shooting-button” while sprinting, you shoot instantly.

yea idk how borderlands handles sprint

I hate having shoot will sprint, mainly because I use recon and hiving to hold x and aim and shoot is just waaaayy too much for me.

> 2533274857398125;6:
> I hate having shoot will sprint, mainly because I use recon and hiving to hold x and aim and shoot is just waaaayy too much for me.

You don’t have to sprint and shoot at the same time (It’s not even a good idea to do so, because you can’t sprint left and right). You gain the ability to shoot the split-second you see someone while sprinting though, which is what most sprint haters, want.

if thats what they want then that would in my opinion make halo take less skill

> 2533274884116647;8:
> if thats what they want then that would in my opinion make halo take less skill

Why? Shooting and running does not make the game less skillful.

I would like this. I just mentioned this idea in another thread, actually.

> 2533274809432820;9:
> > 2533274884116647;8:
> > if thats what they want then that would in my opinion make halo take less skill
>
>
> Why? Shooting and running does not make the game less skillful.

Whatever the case, if it made the game less skillful or not: I would want it anyway.

I swear 343 does nit care about this forum

> 2533274806967348;12:
> I swear 343 does nit care about this forum

That’s honestly the feeling I get as well.

Would that shot coming out of sprint be just as accurate as if the player had never sprinted? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Part of the balance (read nerf) to sprint is the drawbacks it presents to people considering using it. You can only move forward, you can’t shoot, and it leaves you vulnerable. I vote to keep it the way it was in the beta/post-beta.

> 2533274809432820;7:
> You gain the ability to shoot the split-second you see someone while sprinting though, which is what most sprint haters, want.

Uh

What

> 2533274803493024;14:
> Would that shot coming out of sprint be just as accurate as if the player had never sprinted? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Part of the balance (read nerf) to sprint is the drawbacks it presents to people considering using it. You can only move forward, you can’t shoot, and it leaves you vulnerable. I vote to keep it the way it was in the beta/post-beta.

You would still have to “not sprint” whenever you’re in a battle because then you have to strafe, and crouch whenever that is convenient as well.

> 2535438961934440;15:
> > 2533274809432820;7:
> > You gain the ability to shoot the split-second you see someone while sprinting though, which is what most sprint haters, want.
>
>
> Uh
>
> What

Instant-shooting, sprinting or not. run AND gun. You would still need to stop sprinting in every battle though, as you need to strafe.

I don’t understand why anyone would want this. Sprint needs to be balanced and there has to be risk-reward to that balance. The risk for sprinting is you expose yourself and may not get the first shot off during a firefight if you have to come out of sprint to shoot. The reward is about positioning and getting to an advantageous spot on the battlefield.

Taking away the risk element of sprint just makes it horribly imbalanced and will encourage morons to run around the battlefield without any sort of penalty. How is this good for gameplay?

> 2533274800197828;18:
> I don’t understand why anyone would want this. Sprint needs to be balanced and there has to be risk-reward to that balance. The risk for sprinting is you expose yourself and may not get the first shot off during a firefight if you have to come out of sprint to shoot. The reward is about positioning and getting to an advantageous spot on the battlefield.
>
> Taking away the risk element of sprint just makes it horribly imbalanced and will encourage morons to run around the battlefield without any sort of penalty. How is this good for gameplay?

It will cause what? Sprint, shoot, stop sprinting, strafing and then keep going? Sounds kind of like Halo 1-3, but with a sprint mechanic as well?

You will still have to stop sprinting in every battle because you can’t strafe while sprinting. It just turns the game from a run or gun, till a run and gun, which as what Halo always was, with a sprint mechanic.

> 2533274809432820;19:
> > 2533274800197828;18:
> > I don’t understand why anyone would want this. Sprint needs to be balanced and there has to be risk-reward to that balance. The risk for sprinting is you expose yourself and may not get the first shot off during a firefight if you have to come out of sprint to shoot. The reward is about positioning and getting to an advantageous spot on the battlefield.
> >
> > Taking away the risk element of sprint just makes it horribly imbalanced and will encourage morons to run around the battlefield without any sort of penalty. How is this good for gameplay?
>
>
> It will cause what? Sprint, shoot, stop sprinting, strafing and then keep going? Sounds kind of like Halo 1-3, but with a sprint mechanic as well?
>
> You will still have to stop sprinting in every battle because you can’t strafe while sprinting. It just turns the game from a run or gun, till a run and gun, which as what Halo always was, with a sprint mechanic.

You could ask yourself why have the sprint mechanic then? You could ask the developers of Borderlands, Warframe and Evolve and other games as well. The answer is IMMERSION.