343 and the Community

Can anyone tell me why 343 will not give the original halo community any thought? I know their trying to get more people into the franchise but it seems as if their not communicating with us. Im afraid that their going for more of the new players and leaving us halo ce-3 players in the dust whining about custom games. :c —no this is not a rant im just bringing up a concerning topic—

I was just about to start a thread about this! I am not meaning to complain but I dont think its right that they cannot address everyone. I am not trying to get stuff started because I am a pretty big Halo fan like most people are. but I will say one thing if Halo was call of duty we would atleast hear something by now. I never knowed 343 and those guys didnt respond with the fanbase to be honest. I understand they could be busy and all but still you would think they would atleast tell us something! I notice they added “swat” in to the playlist but never told a soul about it on here. I think working on the games issues need to come first and then game playlists but thats my take on it all.

I agree totaly and not dogging on 343 but bungie made the community high on their priority list notice how quickly they reacted to things?

id rather they work on the multiplayer issues than forge or custom games sorry Lol

Well yeah but this game wont last long without the custom games fun maybe a year but i bet if you got a group of your buddies together and played on some classic halo 3 custom games maps (fat kid, jenga, etc) you would have LOADS of fun

Bungie was better at this.

I havent found Halo Custom games to be fun since Halo 2.

MatchMaking is where the focus would be if you intend to keep the franchise growing.

Everything else should probably be secondary.

Also the Game is nearly 1 week old, it takes some time to get stuff fixed.
Give it a few weeks or a month, and if you are not happy Rant away.

They are owned by Microsoft. And the only reason Halo wasn’t like this with its community before is because of Bungie not being directly owned by Microsoft, they were only partnered. So yea, -Yoink!- is just out for more money and they don’t give a -Yoink- about anything else. As always.

soo, you’re going to tell me there IS a forge-mode for Halo 4?
correct me if i’m ignorant/incorrect at this point.

ALSO, i will get the game in December, sadly, as money is a thing i dont have at the moment. bear with me.

> I havent found Halo Custom games to be fun since Halo 2.
>
> MatchMaking is where the focus would be if you intend to keep the franchise growing.
>
> Everything else should probably be secondary.
>
> Also the Game is nearly 1 week old, it takes some time to get stuff fixed.
> Give it a few weeks or a month, and if you are not happy Rant away.

ok, i agree with this, but i rather don’t.

it’s like Bungie made Halo: Combat Evolved, and two days before actually releasing the game they were like “oh hey, we should add a multiplayer mode. not something special, but let’s just make multiplayer, all that matters is that it work’s” and so they did. i must say the multiplayer in Halo:Reach was brilliant, but i can’t tell as of now how 343 nailed/ did not nail it, money trouble is the brick in my window, apparently!

They took the time to add in swat, so why not just go ahead and add in doubles/snipers/assault as well? Im sure it couldent have took very much effort to add in a playlist.

I just hope they are hard at work removing sprint, instant respawns,loadouys and random weapon deployments from team slayer pro and are adding in static weapons on the map , TSR system thats viewable in game and are making some actually decent maps.

Yeah i just feel as if the players are on their own with no communication from the company

> They took the time to add in swat, so why not just go ahead and add in doubles/snipers/assault as well? Im sure it couldent have took very much effort to add in a playlist.
>
> I just hope they are hard at work removing sprint, instant respawns,loadouys and random weapon deployments from team slayer pro and are adding in static weapons on the map , TSR system thats viewable in game and are making some actually decent maps.

lets hope they dont listen to you.

on a separate yet related note, I hope you all realize how complex these games are.
There is a lot of factors to consider, that require testing. And some parts of the game might need to be tweaked to have it work. And since we arent the developers we might not know how easy or difficult it would be to modify the existing system.

I was trying to think of an Analogy and thought of comparing it to an adjustable shelf. If you want more stuff on the shelf you need a thicker shelf or maybe Stronger brackets. that shelf or Bracket would need to be made, and depending on how complex the shelving system is, that might create a new problems. Bigger shelfs and Brakes with more weight, we will need Longer thicker nails, and stronger wall mounts to support that weight. And if those systems arent already in place, they will have to be created too. So the system can to maintain stability, it may have to be overhauled, and that takes time. back to halo. And for video games, that requires the writing of many thousands of lines of code and testing.

So give them time to see what they need to build and what they need to build for, so the game can improve properly. No need for hysteria and a Rushed Patch/Feature.

> I was just about to start a thread about this! I am not meaning to complain but I dont think its right that they cannot address everyone. I am not trying to get stuff started because I am a pretty big Halo fan like most people are. but I will say one thing if Halo was call of duty we would atleast hear something by now. I never knowed 343 and those guys didnt respond with the fanbase to be honest. I understand they could be busy and all but still you would think they would atleast tell us something! <mark>I notice they added “swat” in to the playlist but never told a soul about it on here.</mark> I think working on the games issues need to come first and then game playlists but thats my take on it all.

• They said it in the bulletin, also they are doing weekly updates to the playlist.
  • They are probably trying to get rid of bugs/glitches.